Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not a fan of Chubb and Rb isn't one of the top 3 needs. Almost a 0% chance Chubb is considered.

Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    Not a fan of Chubb and Rb isn't one of the top 3 needs. Almost a 0% chance Chubb is considered.
    RB most definitely is a need. Martin is done in Tampa and Sims won't be returning.

Quote Originally Posted by 5surretts View Post
    RB most definitely is a need. Martin is done in Tampa and Sims won't be returning.
    Not a higher need than DE, CB or OL.

We havent had a pass rush in a decade.

Grimes will be done and that leaves us with an underperforming VGlll and Ryan Smith? I don't think so.

And Sweezy needs to go. Maybe move Donovan Smith to Guard with Marpet. We would need a C and a LT.

Rb in the fourth round maybe. Change of pace guy.

By the way, look at how good Kamara has been in New O... 3rd round pick. Kareem Hunt, 3rd Round Pick.

Lot's of RB's can be had later on in the draft.

Football is won up front, DL and OL and those need to be addressed first and foremost in April.

I think he meant Bradley Chubb the DE from NC ST. We definitely need more pieces on the Oline, could be a RT or another guard depending on what happens. Hell maybe even Center. This hurts Koetters chances of returning in my eyes, bad loss for him. Will Gholston is a big idiot thats all he has absolutely ZERO talent, 5 years in the NFL and hasn't developed a single pass rush move.

At this point right now I'm either Chubb the DE or Nelson the OG from Notre Dame. We need help in the trenches big time. Anyone think since Brate is a restricted FA we should maybe see what we could get for him since we drafted Howard? We have a lot of holes and if we could get a 2nd for him why not?

Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    At this point right now I'm either Chubb the DE or Nelson the OG from Notre Dame. We need help in the trenches big time. Anyone think since Brate is a restricted FA we should maybe see what we could get for him since we drafted Howard? We have a lot of holes and if we could get a 2nd for him why not?
    I'm a big fan of this OT and S class, especially early. Like Nelson but can't rule out OT in Round 1 and could kick Donovan inside.

For me it's OT, DE or Nelson currently. If the OL and DE were addressed well in free agency I could be on board for a CB or S. Maybe under the right circumstances I could buy into a guy like Minkah Fitzpatrick as a BPA pick as is but I doubt it.

The fact is they need help on both lines in the secondary and probably at RB and need to utilize both FA and the Draft effectively

The Oline class in FA is terrible IMO we'll have to address that in the draft. The needs we have go well with the FA class at CB and DE (mainly just Ansah and Lawerence though) being the big two. RB is decent in the FA class as well with guys like Hill, Crowell, and Hyde 3 guys who I believe have talent but are just in a bad situation. Not saying just one of those guys are the answer but if we sign 1 and draft one in the first 3 rounds we should be good.

I think you guys are all pretty on point with the draft needs/targets. Before all of that, we will need a new coach. I like Koetter, but he's failed miserably and I don't think it's fixable for him at this point.

I like the OC's of LAR, Eagles, and even the Bears as replacements. I'm 50/50 on Gruden. I would keep Licht. I have not read through the whole thread, so not sure if people are calling for us to get rid of Jamie's, like they are on the radio, but that is def not the right answer. I'm pretty sure the majority of this group is smart enough to know that. We just need a better coach and O-line for him.

What do you guys know about Adrien Key and Harold Landry? DE's or 3-4 OLB's? Chubb is obviously my top target, but haven't seen enough of these guys

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    What do you guys know about Adrien Key and Harold Landry? DE's or 3-4 OLB's? Chubb is obviously my top target, but haven't seen enough of these guys
    Chubb is an all around player, good against run and pass but lacks the top end production that other guys have had.

Landry has been less consistent than Chubb but his career high of 16.5 sacks in 2016 was dominant and elite. Both are capable of being 4-3 DEs, unsure about playing in a 3-4 for either.

Key is a prototypical 3-4 OLB pass rusher with his length and light frame that would cause him issues against run at DE in a 4-3. Less production and consistency, more off field issues but probably has the highest ceiling.

Apparently there is another DE from BC that some people actually like more than Landry, Zach Allen.

I would go Oline over Key, his injuries scare me a little too much.

In my personal opinion until proven wrong we're getting Gruden back. A Gruden/Hue Jackson combo wouldn't be horrible at all.

Do people think we should bring back Chris Baker? I think he's been awful but cutting him would create yet another hole, I would bring back McDonald though.

Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    Apparently there is another DE from BC that some people actually like more than Landry, Zach Allen.

I would go Oline over Key, his injuries scare me a little too much.

In my personal opinion until proven wrong we're getting Gruden back. A Gruden/Hue Jackson combo wouldn't be horrible at all.
    As I've said before you might as well believe Lombardi is going to come out of his grave to coach this team, they have the same chance of happening.

Media who work for companies that are paid by site traffic push these narratives to get readers.

Jon Gruden will never coach a youth flag team again let alone an NFL team.

It's just my opinion we'll be getting him back. The only person I really don't want is Todd Haley, he just seems to rub everyone the wrong way everywhere he goes.

I think it's up to Licht to tell Koetter either we get in a new OC and a new DC, or your'e all gone.

Koetter will have to agree and I think he stays.

I think we do get a new OC and DC for next year and I really think that's necessary.

Having said that, a couple things I want in FA no matter what the cost.

Trumaine Johnson... In his prime, we will lose Grimes, great #1 to help along VGlll, Ryan Smith and Draft Pick.
    Demarcus Lawrence... Haven't had a pass rush in a decade. Great breakout year, young and hungry.
    Eric Reid... Another young hungry SS who would look great next to an underrated, impressive Rookie season from Justin Evans.

If we did these things, we could focus on the O-Line in the first few rounds, hopefully find a "Kamara" type versatile back in Rounds 2-4 and address BPA in terms of need.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12