Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I know he was just brought up this week but, I was a little surprised they didn't have Michael Clark active. you would think both Hundley and Clark having been on the scout team together until Rodgers got hurt they would have been a little comfortable together. Plus it wouldn't have hurt Hundley to have a 6'6 target lol

RIP Gene Wilder

Damn eagles. That kinda sucks.

We are a full 2 games back now.

Hold the tiebreaker with Seattle and Dallas
    Do not hold it with Atlanta.
    Will hold it with the Lions if we beat them week 17, and if we win out obviously.

Quick glance at next week

The Saints NEED to beat Atlanta on Thursday. That would be huge. And the Vikings gotta help us again and beat Carolina.
    Seattle travels to Jacksonville which is good.
    Then we gotta win.

Atl 7-6
    Car 8-5
    Sea 8-5
    Pack 7-6

Thats the ultimate best case scenario heading into week 15 with Godgers back.

Then looking forward even more. You got Atlanta playing the Saints again, then Atlanta and Carolina play week 17.
    Seattle plays the Rams and Dallas too..

A lot of crazy scenarios here. I just hope we can take care of the awful Browns next week so can roll the dice with Rodgers again.

Week 13 GDT: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-7) Vs Green Bay Packers (5-6)

Iíve been happy with Hundley, and I still think heís got a rougher time lookin good in MMs Offense than he would have in the Vikings offense.

Iím a fan of his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sdh09e44 View Post

Will hold it with the Lions if we beat them week 17, and if we win out obviously.

The Saints NEED to beat Atlanta on Thursday. That would be huge. And the Vikings gotta help us again and beat Carolina.
    Then we gotta win.

Atl 7-6
    Car 8-5
    Sea 8-5
    Pack 7-6

Then looking forward even more. You got Atlanta playing the Saints again, then Atlanta and Carolina play week 17.

A lot of crazy scenarios here. I just hope we can take care of the awful Browns next week so can roll the dice with Rodgers again.
    Best case scenario for us is the saints winning out. If that happens, theyíll give Atlanta two more losses, which means 9-7 is their best possible record. Then we need either Minnesota or Atlanta to take care of the panthers. If those things happen, we control our own destiny.

The vikes beating the panthers isnít quite a must win. But if the vikes do win, that puts in a pretty favorable spot.

Seattle losing would have been nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Iíve been happy with Hundley, and I still think heís got a rougher time lookin good in MMs Offense than he would have in the Vikings offense.

Iím a fan of his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iím not sure I agree. His two biggest issues in my mind are that heís late on his throws. He doesnít anticipate guys breaking open, he waits until the are open to throw it. And his second biggest issue is whenever he steps up in the pocket, he looks to tuck and run. Heís a good runner, so he can make some big plays with his legs. But thereís times where he doesnít need to bail that he does. There was a case in point yesterday. It was like 3rd and 6 on the first drive in the 2nd half. Hundley felt pressure and stepped up in the pocket. But as soon as he stepped up, he tucked and ran. He had no where to go and was either sacked for a yard loss or stopped for no gain. He had time to sit in the pocket, and it looked like he had at least one guy break open. But he tucked it and his eyes went down.

Hundley has made some solid improvements. I donít think heís a starter in this league, but he may be showing that heís an okay backup. I just donít think his flaws are scheme related. Maybe more playing time would help correct some of those flaws. But I donít think itís a scheme problem.

i agree Crew. he is not a starter. but i think there is some scheme issues contributing to his lack of plays. the current scheme features route running precision and long developing plays. so the youngest fastest guy we have is the most successful because he is the only one that can make that window of staying open last the longest (Adams). Jordy might be the best runner but is he the slowest WR on the team? if Hundley practiced with the two's and three's can't you dial up a play or two that get them on the field to see if that makes the difference? going into OT against the 31 ranked D has me fired up. Hundley should be getting it now. after several weeks at game time speed Brett's decision making should be far better. he is not and will not get it. i am not too excited about getting Rodgers back either because again the WR core is the same ol lumbering snails they have been for several years now. i think the risk of career ending injury does not warrant the risk.

Do you think Rodgers would play if they said thereís a good chance at a career ending injury? I donít think he would. Thereís a lot of speculation going around for Rodgers, but for all we know, it is actually healed. Speculating something else is probably unwise.

And Jordy is losing speed. And he isnít getting open for Hundley. But part of that is being late on throws. Rodgers anticipates Jordy so well, I donít doubt his production jumps with Rodgers back. He didnít lose his speed when Rodgers got hurt. Itís just he doesnít have his guy in Rodgers.

Thats the thing with the Rodgers injury, the metal rods are actually making his clavicle stronger, theyre basically protecting it. The doctor in the article i read said it will take a stronger hit to rebreak it, not something weaker. So he isnt more susceptible to injury.

If there was a real chance that he can get seriously messed up from coming back too soon, there is zero chance he comes back.

Not gonna lie tho, kinda concerning we gotta play the vikings again. They wont hesitate to hit Rodgers again. In fact im sure theyll be encouraged to do so

I went back and watched the highlights of the game and it just seemed an often like Hundley was trying to force it to Jordy way too much.

RIP Gene Wilder

Aaron if he has a flaw holds onto the ball for a large amount of time. that makes him far more susceptible to sacks. can he play the remainder of this year throwing quick outs and slants? that's a huge change. i remember when Romo came back from his broken shoulder and nearly immediately broke his same shoulder. i do worry about this. Green Bay has nothing behind him. losing him to a second break in such a short time could be devastating. the O line is hurt. i just see risk. no reward. that's all i see. get fully healed not minimally healed. i dislike the idea of shutting him down when his window is closing vs opening but that is how i feel. i have a bad feeling about this. could be silly.
    Last edited by alabastertubby; 12-05-2017 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdh09e44 View Post

Then we gotta win.

Atl 7-6
    Car 8-5
    Sea 8-5
    Pack 7-6

we win out and we are only 1 game out because we play the panthers... meaning all we need is the panthers to lose one other game besides ours... they get the vikings which could very well be that 1 loss... then if Rodgers comes back and we win out we get the final spot.

Panthers have to play saints/panthers as well... Its all about winning out... we have a great chance but we need to beat the browns.

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    Aaron if he has a flaw holds onto the ball for a large amount of time. that makes him far more susceptible to sacks. can he play the remainder of this year throwing quick outs and slants? that's a huge change. i remember when Romo came back from his broken shoulder and nearly immediately broke his same shoulder. i do worry about this. Green Bay has nothing behind him. losing him to a second break in such a short time could be devastating. the O line is hurt. i just see risk. no reward. that's all i see. get fully healed not minimally healed. i dislike the idea of shutting him down when his window is closing vs opening but that is how i feel. i have a bad feeling about this. could be silly.
    Rodgers has said in multiple interviews that heís not coming back unless heís healthy. And itís not that heís incapable of getting the ball out quickly, itís osrtislly that he chooses not to at times to hunt the big play. Plus, we actually have a decent run game at the moment,which should help Rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    Ya i def see ur point. I truly wished he had 2-3 more weeks before playing.

Im just going with what is out there. It sounds like his rehab is going well and that he is eager to play asap. He was apprently zinging it around at practice this week.

Its too easy to think it could be another romo situation. Just like any acl injury, you can convince urself it can be another derick rose situaion. An injury can happen at any point. Thats sports. If a player is good to go, then hes goin. You have to think of it as Rodgers, he is dying to get back out there. If hes medically cleared, then its incredibly hard to make him sit and watch

I just keep thinking it will come down to where the record is at the point he can return. If we are still in contention and he is back to where they want him health wise I think he is a go, if we are completely out and there is a question mark on it then he is done.

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I just keep thinking it will come down to where the record is at the point he can return. If we are still in contention and he is back to where they want him health wise I think he is a go, if we are completely out and there is a question mark on it then he is done.
    Oh of course. All bets are off if we are out of contention when he is ready to play. Anything ive said is based on us still being alive

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast