Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Jordy Nelson does look done. He couldn't make a middle schooler miss from the looks of it on Sunday. He had at least three chances one-on-one with a DB and not only did he not make the DB miss he basically just fell down. No elusiveness. He almost looks fearful of reinjuring his knee. The 3rd and 1 play was really a poor effort. Turn up field...wasn't a great play call but was a weak effort by Nelson. Should have easily been a first down.

Poor execution, but I wouldn’t call it a weak effort. It looked like he was expecting to defender to be in a different spot. I actually didn’t have a huge issue with the call. The way we were running the ball, the were gonna stack the box. We got the ball to one of our guys who’s supposed to be a playmaker on an easy throw. He had to make a guy miss. 7 out of 10 times Jordy probably makes that play.

If Rodgers comes back, it’ll be interesting to see how Jordy looks with Aaron.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Poor execution, but I wouldn’t call it a weak effort. It looked like he was expecting to defender to be in a different spot. I actually didn’t have a huge issue with the call. The way we were running the ball, the were gonna stack the box. We got the ball to one of our guys who’s supposed to be a playmaker on an easy throw. He had to make a guy miss. 7 out of 10 times Jordy probably makes that play.

If Rodgers comes back, it’ll be interesting to see how Jordy looks with Aaron.
    He probably should have gotten more yardage on all 3 of his short catches. Didn't make anyone miss 3 straight times and went down easily. Agree Jordy will look better with Rodgers, but right now it sure looks like Jordy isn't much at all without AR.

The soundFX clip from this game featuring Mike Daniels is fantastic.

My conspiracy theory is gonna come true.

#believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot Saints. Idiots

So now Atlanta seems like a real tough team to jump. They gotta go 1-2 in games vs TB Nola and Car. Its possible I guess.

I am sure Nola beats them back at home. So what it really comes down to now is the Vikings beating Carolina.

If the Falcons are 9-6 heading into week 17 vs Carolina, we have to hope Carolina is also at best 9-6 (which means losses to the Vikings and Us, then assuming they beat Tampa bay), which then makes us Carolina fans who are playing on the lines of winning and hoping we lose to Detriot and finish 9-7.

Then Seattle is still a bump. We simply need them to go 2-2 at best to finish.

So this is basically the biggest weekend of football yet. So much can change for us if 3 things go our way.
    1) win
    2) Carolina lose to Vikings
    3) Seattle lose to Jags

It just sucks this many teams are contending for 2 spots. Out of 2 damn divsions, you have 5 teams with 8 wins or more with 3 or 4 games to go. Real crappy year to get stuck sitting behind that bunch.
    And like, none of them need to play that great to clinch a spot. Atlanta has to go 2-1 and theyll 100% be in. They even hold 9-7 tiebreakers over us and Seattle.
    We want Seattle to finish 2-2 for our
    cause, but in their minds 2-2 is pretty safe. They need us to lose once and theyre fine.
    Same type of deal with Carolina.

Again, still holdin hope. But maybe its just hope for a weekend or two of some high anxiety meaningful football that wont be back until next september. So heres to that
    Last edited by Sdh09e44; 12-08-2017 at 04:21 AM.

Yea, the falcons beating New Orleans and Seattle beating philly both hurt us. As I see it, I believe there are 32likely scenarios for us to get a playoff birth. Both hinge on us winning out, but neither really require any major upsets.

Scenario 1: Minnesota beats Carolina this week. And Atlanta loses to both New Orleans and Carolina in weeks 16 and 17. In this scenario, Atlanta finishes 9-7, so they are out. We finish in a tie with Carolina, but have the tiebreaker due to our hypothetical win and the tiebreaker over dallas. In this scenario, it doesn’t matter what Seattle or dallas does. We are in regardless. And the other wild card comes down to Seattle, Carolina or Dallas.

Scenario 2: Seattle loses 2 of their final four games and New Orleans beats Atlanta. In this scenario, Seattle and dallas finishe at best 10-6. We own the tiebreaker over both. Atlanta losing to New Orleans would put them at best at 9-6 and carolina at 10-5. It would basically be an elimination game between Carolina and Atlanta. If Atlanta wins, they hold head to heads over us, Seattle and dallas for the first wild card, and we have the next tiebreaker. When I think about this scenario, Carolina also finishes 10-6, so I’m not sure how they fit with the tiebreaker vs Carolina. That could throw a wrench in this scenario. If Carolina beats Atlanta, Atlanta is out, Carolina and us are in.

Any upsets of those teams would help a bunch too. I think Atlanta and Carolina both play Tampa yet, so Tampa getting an upset would be a huge help, but unlikely. There’s also a highly unlikely scenario where both New Orleans and LA lose out. Both teams would finish at 9-7 in that case, and Seattle would likely win the west. Carolina or Atlanta would be the winner of the south. Then us and whoever doesn’t win the division between Atlanta and Carolina would likely be the wild cards. But barring a few major injuries, the likelihood of either team losing out is very, very slim.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234