Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/sta...031706112?s=17
    Didn't know Unrein was hurt, but this gives us an extended look at Bullard and RRH.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Why do I feel like Kyle Long will never be healthy again?

Perfect timing with that big contract extension too...smh.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Most posters here thought Mitch got that first down that he challenged yesterday.

But I didnt. I thought the spot sucked but I never saw the ball cross the plain before he was down. Mitch ****ed up by not trying to stretch the ball out for the marker.

I didn't necessarily think that was an awful challenge though.
    To me, as he was going out of bounds (before he hit the ground) the point of the football looked over the line...I thought it was a first.

Quote Originally Posted by giventofly View Post
    Man... I love Trubisky, but I think Jimmy is gonna tear it up with Shanahan. Gonna be hard to watch what could have been, even if it was extremely unlikely and way too big of a price to pay.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Niner fan here. I wanted Trubisky early on before the draft. Changed my mind after watching some interviews, I got the impression that it would probably take a couple seasons for him to develop. (I wanted a QB that woukd be ready sooner and got it in Garoppolo).

I kinda feel like the Bears should've kept him on the bench learning under Glennon while the Bears get more talent at skill positions. Give Trubisky some time on the bench and weapons then start him in 2018.

I watched many of his college games and he has tons of natural talent. Especially going deep. Great ball placement and vision. Has a lot of qualities you look for in a FQB. Your FO needs to do everything they can to get him blocking and weapons, much like the Rams did for Goff in the offseason. Anyway, I'm a Trubisky fan. I'll be watching more Bears games to see how he develops. I hope he steps up in 2018 with more experience and weapons. The NFL needs more young QB's to take over for the future.

What are the issues you guys see this year?

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger View Post
    We generally suck, from the ownership to the front office (perhaps excluding Pace) to the coaches to the roster to the trainers. Hell, even our field sucks and contributes to more injuries that our trainers seem incapable of dealing with or preventing. Our ownership reduced the size of our stadium, so now it's too small for the market and looks worse than it did before the renovation. Our ownership interferes in decisions that should be made by the GMs they hire. We can't seem to draft well and, when we do, we can't seem to develop the talent. Even if we manage to get talent, the coaches can't seem to scheme, game plan, or manage games well at all. We just plain suck.

Now take an exciting prospect like Trubisky and put him in the middle of that shite storm. Voila! You have the Bears' (and Trubisky's) 2017 season.

EDIT: to add more to the pile of shite.
    Last edited by Full-Size Ditka; 12-06-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    Why do I feel like Kyle Long will never be healthy again?

Perfect timing with that big contract extension too...smh.
    Probably because no football player will ever be healthy again.
    Screw sabermetics.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburger View Post
    Niner fan here. I wanted Trubisky early on before the draft. Changed my mind after watching some interviews, I got the impression that it would probably take a couple seasons for him to develop. (I wanted a QB that woukd be ready sooner and got it in Garoppolo).

I kinda feel like the Bears should've kept him on the bench learning under Glennon while the Bears get more talent at skill positions. Give Trubisky some time on the bench and weapons then start him in 2018.

I watched many of his college games and he has tons of natural talent. Especially going deep. Great ball placement and vision. Has a lot of qualities you look for in a FQB. Your FO needs to do everything they can to get him blocking and weapons, much like the Rams did for Goff in the offseason. Anyway, I'm a Trubisky fan. I'll be watching more Bears games to see how he develops. I hope he steps up in 2018 with more experience and weapons. The NFL needs more young QB's to take over for the future.

There are lots of issues but they are hard to judge bassed on talent around hin and coaching issues

1st...... Lets throw out his 1st 3 or 4 games. Because ib those games we were super conservitive and refused to pass. I think we ran 60-70 % those games. Granted most of those were against top Defenses but still. Most games though in general play calling has been abysmal. Run run pass. And because of that the run constantly does not work. Setting hin up with 3rd and long.

2nd. I find he holds the ball to long. But its hard to say why because its clear he is going through progressions and just does not see anything open. Amd this seems to come back to talent. When your best receiver is a guy you got for essentially free via a 7th round pick. I think this might be a case where he is protecting the ball to much. However its hard to say thats a bad thing.

3rd and worst of all is again play calling. There is some debate ob if its more on Fox or Dowel but we don't run anything easy. Very few slants and crossing routes. And nothing to help hin out with easy throws.

I still see a lot in Mitch. And thibk there is a high ceiling. But overall the offense has been really bad. Our running game has not set us up well all year. And that could be again play calling. But pending next year coaching. I could surely see a Jarred golf like explosion from hin woth added tallent/playmakers and hopefully a quality coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    There are lots of issues but they are hard to judge bassed on talent around hin and coaching issues

1st...... Lets throw out his 1st 3 or 4 games. Because ib those games we were super conservitive and refused to pass. I think we ran 60-70 % those games. Granted most of those were against top Defenses but still. Most games though in general play calling has been abysmal. Run run pass. And because of that the run constantly does not work. Setting hin up with 3rd and long.

2nd. I find he holds the ball to long. But its hard to say why because its clear he is going through progressions and just does not see anything open. Amd this seems to come back to talent. When your best receiver is a guy you got for essentially free via a 7th round pick. I think this might be a case where he is protecting the ball to much. However its hard to say thats a bad thing.

3rd and worst of all is again play calling. There is some debate ob if its more on Fox or Dowel but we don't run anything easy. Very few slants and crossing routes. And nothing to help hin out with easy throws.

I still see a lot in Mitch. And thibk there is a high ceiling. But overall the offense has been really bad. Our running game has not set us up well all year. And that could be again play calling. But pending next year coaching. I could surely see a Jarred golf like explosion from hin woth added tallent/playmakers and hopefully a quality coach.
    I felt Mitch would need at least a year to learn a more complex NFL offense. He also had some decent WR's at NC. Switzer with his speed, Bug Howard and Mac Hollins. A couple possession types. They had speed, size and great route runners. Trubisky has tons of talent but his WR group also helped.

If I were Chicago I'd do everything I can to recreate the same sort of WR group. I would've drafted Switzer along with Mitch. You guys can still fix your WR group heading into 2018. After getting experience this year he could break out in 2018 if you guys get the pieces around him. A RB and a couple WR's.

What do you guys think about Vic Fangio? When we lost Aldon Smith he had a hard time generating pressure. Would rush three guys a lot which became very annoying. Put a lot of pressure on the secondary. Gave up a lot of passes underneath. Seemed focused on stopping the run and deep balls. His schemes work great with a dominant OLB.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324