Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Eagles sign Alshon Jeffery: 4 years 52 million (27 GTD)

Adam Schefter‏Verified account
    @AdamSchefter
    4m4 minutes ago
    More
    Alshon Jefferyís new 4-year, $52 million deal with the Eagles also included $27 million guaranteed, per source.
    Another 1 million per year in incentives

He's really started to turn it on the last few weeks and his chemistry with Wentz should only continue to build. I'm excited to have this core of the offense back next year and see if we can take this offense into hyper efficient.

Alshon - Hollins - Agholor next year, Torrey Smith gets cut to save some $

So, thought AJ would want big money and I didnít want to do it here in philly.

With that said, this Deal is freaking fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    Another 1 million per year in incentives

He's really started to turn it on the last few weeks and his chemistry with Wentz should only continue to build. I'm excited to have this core of the offense back next year and see if we can take this offense into hyper efficient.

Alshon - Hollins - Agholor next year, Torrey Smith gets cut to save some $
    Add one stud - maybe a 1st round pick - and the offense should be even better next year.

He's the 8th highest paid wide receiver in the nfl now (that will change when odell gets paid next year). I think that's good value considering Wentz and alshon are just now getting used to each others tendencies, so on a projection basis this deal could turn into an absolute steal.

I'm very happy with this deal. knowing Howie, I bet it's front loaded too so Eagles can either restructure in 2-3 years or cut/trade him if they want to.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Howie is plugging holes left and right. Going into the draft, we should be looking at OL and LB. The best part is that neither position is a NEED. I canít believe Iím saying this, but Howie has put together a balanced roster that should be good in both the short term and long term.

We wonít owe any pics for the Wentz trade after this draft and then we can start drafting best available. Eagles and 76ers pulling their weight; get it together Phillies and Flyers.

Quote Originally Posted by MShark View Post
    Howie is plugging holes left and right. Going into the draft, we should be looking at OL and LB. The best part is that neither position is a NEED. I canít believe Iím saying this, but Howie has put together a balanced roster that should be good in both the short term and long term.

We wonít owe any pics for the Wentz trade after this draft and then we can start drafting best available. Eagles and 76ers pulling their weight; get it together Phillies and Flyers.
    I came here to feel better about that...Thanks for bringing me down shark! lol

I think this contract seems to be a wait and see contract. Years 3 & 4 are team options...I hope we keep this up. Adding Jones next year should be nice too.

With Vaitai doing a "decent" job, I wonder if they need an O-lineman in the 1st round. 4th-7th - O.K.
    If Peters is healthy next year, I'd put him at left guard.
    They aren't going to draft a linebacker in the 1st round. 2nd or 3rd would be perfect.
    IMO, they should draft another WR in the 1st round, to take Torrey Smith's place. Give Wentz even more weapons than what he has now.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    With Vaitai doing a "decent" job, I wonder if they need an O-lineman in the 1st round. 4th-7th - O.K.
    If Peters is healthy next year, I'd put him at left guard.
    They aren't going to draft a linebacker in the 1st round. 2nd or 3rd would be perfect.
    IMO, they should draft another WR in the 1st round, to take Torrey Smith's place. Give Wentz even more weapons than what he has now.
    I think Peters is done. His knee is jacked up and I think heís 35. He wouldnít be ready till about this time next year. They need to draft line. I would prefer they trade back and get an additional 2nd or 3rd. You could go best available at any of the online spots with the first two picks. Letís get Wentzís line figured out as soon as possible.

There really arenít a lot of holes so Howie could move up in the mid rounds if thereís a player they like.
    Iíd be happy if we come away with two oline, lb, depth dline if curry is traded and wr. There just arenít a lot of holes to fill. Well played Howie.

I think Peters is done. His knee is jacked up and I think heís 35. He wouldnít be ready till about this time next year. They need to draft line. I would prefer they trade back and get an additional 2nd or 3rd. You could go best available at any of the online spots with the first two picks. Letís get Wentzís line figured out as soon as possible.

There really arenít a lot of holes so Howie could move up in the mid rounds if thereís a player they like.
    Iíd be happy if we come away with two oline, lb, depth dline if curry is traded and wr. There just arenít a lot of holes to fill. Well played Howie.
    Do you consider Vaitai to be a back up? Where do you think that they need the O-linemen?
    I don't think that they need D-line depth. They're very deep now. If Curry would get traded, then they would get a pretty good pick for him and Barnett would take his place.
    If they lose Trey Burton to free agency, then they will need TWO tight ends because Celek is probably finished.

Since they went defense this year, they should go offense next year - receiver, tight ends, O-lineman.
    If they draft a linebacker and a safety, it will be in the lower rounds - or free agency.