Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jim Johnston reportedly released

All over the internet. Wonder why.

I just read this and came to post it here as well. Happy to see someone else did instead. The guy deserves his own thread. He really did some amazing entrances that will last forever

Who?

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Who?

WWE legend and hopefully future WWE Hall of Famer.

1934 • 1938 • 1961 • 2010 • 2013 • 2015

He should already be in the WWE HOF.

6. 12-02-2017, 11:23 PM

Lol, are we really going to hate on someone for not knowing who a guy is that has never appeared on WWE tv before?

He was the WWE’s main songwriter/producer/composer. He did many of the classic entrance songs, as well as many other things.

Helluva run. So many classic themes and definitely worthy of enshrinement. I definitely never saw this day coming.

Decide who should be elected to Titans, the WWE-based HOF on my site: http://www.wrestlingcenter.net/titans/vote.html

You know he's a legend when it would be easier to name what theme's he hasn't done instead of what theme's he has. I remember the first WWF The Music album I bought had Jim Johnston's name over and over. A huge part of defining the brash aggressive style and sound when the Attitude Era was launched.

10. 12-03-2017, 08:08 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Lol, are we really going to hate on someone for not knowing who a guy is that has never appeared on WWE tv before?

He was the WWE’s main songwriter/producer/composer. He did many of the classic entrance songs, as well as many other things.
    Apparently So.

12. 12-03-2017, 08:22 PM

I don't get how he can be released when his contract expired. Sounds like they just chose not to resign him because his contract was pretty high. Not surprising really, since they had seemed to phase him out over the years. CFO$ has pretty much made most of the theme songs over the last five years or so.

He should definitely be in the HOF, but I don't know if WWE will ever do it. I don't know what I would list as his greatest hit, but I would probably say Takers theme. Austins would be up there as well. Austin wanted to used Rage Against The Machine Bulls on Parade, but WWE didn't want to pay for the rights so Johnston made something similar. If you listen to the theme, you can definitely hear the resemblance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I don't get how he can be released when his contract expired. Sounds like they just chose not to resign him because his contract was pretty high. Not surprising really, since they had seemed to phase him out over the years. CFO$ has pretty much made most of the theme songs over the last five years or so.

He should definitely be in the HOF, but I don't know if WWE will ever do it. I don't know what I would list as his greatest hit, but I would probably say Takers theme. Austins would be up there as well. Austin wanted to used Rage Against The Machine Bulls on Parade, but WWE didn't want to pay for the rights so Johnston made something similar. If you listen to the theme, you can definitely hear the resemblance.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_Mu...emes_by_CFO.24

At a quick glance the list of entrance music is not that impressive, though of course it looks weaker in comparison to JJ's track record.

I would agree with you on Taker's entrance. The gong still gives me goosebumps when I hear it despite the fact Taker looks really old.

I used to love Taker's ministry music.

I've always thought that the Triple H "The Game" entrance music was awesome.

But for me, the best of his was DX's.

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post

Yes i loveed hhhs the game music.

17. 12-04-2017, 11:18 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Driven

Taker's ministry theme was ace. Definitely the end of an era.

Decide who should be elected to Titans, the WWE-based HOF on my site: http://www.wrestlingcenter.net/titans/vote.html

Oops, I meant Triple H "My Time".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast