Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,732

    Jim Johnston reportedly released

    All over the internet. Wonder why.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    39,919
    I just read this and came to post it here as well. Happy to see someone else did instead. The guy deserves his own thread. He really did some amazing entrances that will last forever

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NB MA
    Posts
    9,815
    Who?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,685
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Who?


    WWE legend and hopefully future WWE Hall of Famer.

    1934 • 1938 • 1961 • 2010 • 2013 • 2015

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,732
    He should already be in the WWE HOF.

  6. 12-02-2017, 11:23 PM

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    39,919
    Lol, are we really going to hate on someone for not knowing who a guy is that has never appeared on WWE tv before?

    He was the WWE’s main songwriter/producer/composer. He did many of the classic entrance songs, as well as many other things.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    265
    Helluva run. So many classic themes and definitely worthy of enshrinement. I definitely never saw this day coming.

    Decide who should be elected to Titans, the WWE-based HOF on my site: http://www.wrestlingcenter.net/titans/vote.html

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Malvern, PA
    Posts
    80,985
    You know he's a legend when it would be easier to name what theme's he hasn't done instead of what theme's he has. I remember the first WWF The Music album I bought had Jim Johnston's name over and over. A huge part of defining the brash aggressive style and sound when the Attitude Era was launched.

  10. 12-03-2017, 08:08 PM

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NB MA
    Posts
    9,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Lol, are we really going to hate on someone for not knowing who a guy is that has never appeared on WWE tv before?

    He was the WWE’s main songwriter/producer/composer. He did many of the classic entrance songs, as well as many other things.
    Apparently So.

  12. 12-03-2017, 08:22 PM

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    35,446
    I don't get how he can be released when his contract expired. Sounds like they just chose not to resign him because his contract was pretty high. Not surprising really, since they had seemed to phase him out over the years. CFO$ has pretty much made most of the theme songs over the last five years or so.

    He should definitely be in the HOF, but I don't know if WWE will ever do it. I don't know what I would list as his greatest hit, but I would probably say Takers theme. Austins would be up there as well. Austin wanted to used Rage Against The Machine Bulls on Parade, but WWE didn't want to pay for the rights so Johnston made something similar. If you listen to the theme, you can definitely hear the resemblance.

  14. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    74,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I don't get how he can be released when his contract expired. Sounds like they just chose not to resign him because his contract was pretty high. Not surprising really, since they had seemed to phase him out over the years. CFO$ has pretty much made most of the theme songs over the last five years or so.

    He should definitely be in the HOF, but I don't know if WWE will ever do it. I don't know what I would list as his greatest hit, but I would probably say Takers theme. Austins would be up there as well. Austin wanted to used Rage Against The Machine Bulls on Parade, but WWE didn't want to pay for the rights so Johnston made something similar. If you listen to the theme, you can definitely hear the resemblance.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_Mu...emes_by_CFO.24

    At a quick glance the list of entrance music is not that impressive, though of course it looks weaker in comparison to JJ's track record.

    I would agree with you on Taker's entrance. The gong still gives me goosebumps when I hear it despite the fact Taker looks really old.

  15. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    39,919
    I used to love Taker's ministry music.

    I've always thought that the Triple H "The Game" entrance music was awesome.

    But for me, the best of his was DX's.

  16. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    25,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    I used to love Taker's ministry music.

    I've always thought that the Triple H "The Game" entrance music was awesome.

    But for me, the best of his was DX's.
    Yes i loveed hhhs the game music.

  17. 12-04-2017, 11:18 PM

  18. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven
    I used to love Taker's ministry music.

    I've always thought that the Triple H "The Game" entrance music was awesome.

    But for me, the best of his was DX's.
    Taker's ministry theme was ace. Definitely the end of an era.

    Decide who should be elected to Titans, the WWE-based HOF on my site: http://www.wrestlingcenter.net/titans/vote.html

  19. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    39,919
    Oops, I meant Triple H "My Time".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •