Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thoughts Moving Forward ?

As bad as I bad mouthed everybody last night , I find myself coming to these conclusions.....Cousins and Gruden need to stay. Manusky and special teams coaches given a fully healthy team might do better,but, certainly the 2 minute defense has been bad all year. That must be fixed. The Pryor signing proved to be a mistake ,but, can be corrected in the offseason. Doctson is going to be fine. Have teams figured out our TE offense , or have we abandoned it for some reason ? Even without Reed , we were clicking with Davis...We also need to find out how to ram it in inside the 10 yard line. Nick Rose looks like a keeper....sorry Dustin Hopkins..

White Sox & Redskins Forever

I want to say gut the whole team and start over.

But our biggest weaknesses:

2 minute drill - both offense and defense, but especially defense.

Injuries.

Lack of preparation.

All are attributed to coaching. Gruden needs to go and whoever our conditioning coach is should have been fired around the bye.

We got the wrong Brown. We should release Pryor and go after Herb Gordon hard this offseason.

I wish we chose McVay over Gruden.

Not that it was ever an actual choice, but still... the wrong coach died!

McVay has done well, no doubt about that,but, with a healthy team and very good Defensive Coordinator....and a boatload of talent..

You're right, but I've been one of the few that's hated Gruden since day one.

vibe607 is offline The 2nd coming of Schuler
    -Extend Z.Brown
    -Extend Cuzzo
    -Draft best DT / S / impact LB (even if having to trade up a few spots)
    -Sign vet WR since all of our WR's are younger (not anyone flashy, maybe an eric decker or mike wallace)
    -Try and trade and if can't trade then cut Reed. Love Jordan Reed, and he's obviously a diff maker when playing, but we can't rely on a guy who rarely makes the field. Also, (and I may be the minority here) I feel like Cuzzo distributes the ball alot more evenly when Reed's not playing. I think you can get away with Vernon Davis and maybe drafting a young kid. Plus Skins will need the cap space assuming they sign cuz, brown and want to sign Scherff.

Thoughts moving forward....

Nothing will ever change until:

1. The unqualified yes man politician masqurading as President/GM who only survives off his fathers legacy is fired

And

2. The ego maniac meddling businessman owner who cares more about selling season tickets than winning starts losing money and sells the team.

Until then, any conversations related to players, coaches and a successful football franchise with this organization are pointless.

We havent been drafting terribly and Grudens been safe for 4 years. As much as Snyder sucks, he hasnt really been holding this team back lately, not sure we can use that excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    We havent been drafting terribly and Grudens been safe for 4 years. As much as Snyder sucks, he hasnt really been holding this team back lately, not sure we can use that excuse.
    I agree.........a lot went wrong this year....new assistant coaches, Cravens fiasco,...massive injuries....murderous schedule....way too many prime time games...bad bye week

We have a young core over the past three drafts........trading Cousins, Williams and Kerrigan would get us quite a haul in first round picks, plus others, to get a team built for the long-term. I am lukewarm at best on keeping Cousins after this year.

I think I might rethink my original position on this team....

That game was pretty bad, a few more of those and we will have a new coach and quarterback

I just realized that I haven't actually watched a Redskins game since the 49ers game.

This entire season has been so forgettable. The obscene amount of injuries have made every game since the Chiefs game pretty much meaningless.

The bright side is that this team has a lot of talent when at full strength... I'm just not sure if I can trust several of these guys to stay healthy anymore.

Well, RB Marshall who got his feet tangled in turf on kickoff....gone for year to IR.......Jordan Reed.....shut down for year on IR.........this is truly pathetic. Norman spouting off...Swearinger mouthing off.....not good.