Tue. 19 vs. Anaheim Ducks 7:00 PM ET
    Thu. 21 at New Jersey Devils 7:00 PM ET
    Sat. 23 vs. Toronto Maple Leafs 7:00 PM ET
    Wed. 27 vs. Washington Capitals 8:00 PM ET
    Fri. 29 at Detroit Red Wings 7:30 PM ET
    Sports Data API Powered by STATS

Today 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dasbatman View Post
    I agree for the most part, but who would you be willing to part ways with? To me there's really no easily identifiable guy that I'd be willing to part with. Zib, Kreider, Miller, Hayes, Buch, and to a lesser extent - Nash and Fast are really essential pieces to this team. I'd be okay with including Vesey and maybe Zucc (since he'll be a free agent), but I don't know what that would net in this market.
    BSI :
    I'd have no problem trading Nash if they can't reach a short term 3-4 mill contract for him to stay here during the season. Otherwise we will be losing him for nothing. Could Nash and a 2nd get us Puuljarvi? That's the kind of deal is explore.

We really need to win this game. Getting mac back is huge but losing Zibanajad for a while is a big problem for a team lacking center depth. If I'm Gorton I take Chytl up for a couple games while he's out.

Man I just find Steve valiquette nails it every time. I was thinking we need a righty on that pp but couldn't think of who was one. Quicky needs to be on that just for his right shot.

Gropp has had a few good games recently starting to find the back of the net. Heís a slow play prospect but the value of his potential his quite high if he can put it all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 NHL Re-Draft
    Vegas Aces

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

SNY.tv

12:59PM: John Shannon says that it's a one-year deal with the Rangers.

12:07PM: According to Elliotte Friedman, the Rangers have placed Marek Mazanec on waivers with the intention of signing him and likely assigning him to Hartford.

Itís a bit far fetched but Edmonton & Pittsburgh and maybe even Florida May be looking for a goalieóafter injuries to their guys. Maybe thereís a market for Pavlec depending on what the return may be.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 12-05-2017 at 04:48 PM.

Ugh....i still say we need another center. Desharnais is too small to be effective against good players.

The funny thing is how reporters jump on his **** because he had a 3 pt game w/ Buch & Kreider like heís some sort of superstar. Itís the same thing with Grabner, he gets empty net goalsó goals that basically donít matter and yet they want to make it seem like heís a legit top 6 guy. Please!

We need a 2nd line center. Period, End of Story!

I saw an article and how Gorton made really bad mistakes/ heís a bad evaluator of talent because of his picks of Andersson & Chytil and also him getting DíAngelo in a tradeó because none have made the team and DíAngelo has done nothing to prove himself in Hartford. And I would like to say thatís total B.S.ó if AV were to give/given them a fair shake theyíd be here playing and they would have certainly played better than Carey, DD, Holden, Smith. Yes itís a matter of getting comfortable with the team, style, players, etc... but everyone goes thru that same process they could have learned it while hereó**** it wasnít like we were winning in the first 20 or so games anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    The funny thing is how reporters jump on his **** because he had a 3 pt game w/ Buch & Kreider like heís some sort of superstar. Itís the same thing with Grabner, he gets empty net goalsó goals that basically donít matter and yet they want to make it seem like heís a legit top 6 guy. Please!

I saw an article and how Gorton made really bad mistakes/ heís a bad evaluator of talent because of his picks of Andersson & Chytil and also him getting DíAngelo in a tradeó because none have made the team and DíAngelo has done nothing to prove himself in Hartford. And I would like to say thatís total B.S.ó if AV were to give/given them a fair shake theyíd be here playing and they would have certainly played better than Carey, DD, Holden, Smith. Yes itís a matter of getting comfortable with the team, style, players, etc... but everyone goes thru that same process they could have learned it while hereó**** it wasnít like we were winning in the first 20 or so games anyway.
    Iíd really like to see the team acquire a player similar to what Brian Boyle was for us before he left. He could play a bottom six role and lock down top line players on opposing teams. Team him up with Nash and maybe Miller or Zuc, and you have a pretty legit two way line. And you have Zibanejad and Hayes slotted ahead with the opportunity for Chytl Andersson and Nieves to jump ahead. And you also donít need to give up as much.

I still maintain those were good moves, Anderson and Deangelo need time and I think with Deangelo he was rushed into play in Arizona and he needs a reset. He will be a player who will make the team next year imo. I thought when he was up he should have been paired with Skjei and left there but either way he should be a better player after some time with the wolf pack.
    Centers are hard to acquire, said it before the trade but Turris would have been a perfect player for us but not sure what we would have had to done to get him. Since that ship sailed I wonder if there's any chance we could get Anisimov back to new york?
    I have no problem with Grabner at all I think he's been great so far. If he doesn't get those empty net goals maybe the other team ties the game and we lose, so he's been key in closing games out whether it be an empty netter or a goal with the goalie in. I still don't know what he has to do to get some pp time, I think having his speed on the entry could cause problems for the other team. I habe seen Vesey cough it up at center too many times to not give it a try.

AV doesnít like to over play his players so Grabner will not see PP time because heís on our PK. An empty net goal is an empty net goalóitís not a game winner or a clutch goal, iím saying exactly what iím saying heís a good bottom 6 guy, heís not a top 6 guyóMy comments are towards these reporters who jump on certain players band wagon when they have a good game. I like our team but we need a 2nd line center and a d-man or 2.

The problem is I think Gorton is still trying to figure out if we are a play-off team or not. If we ARE, we need a center and a d-man or 2. If weíre sellers then Nash, Smith & Pavlec are trade chips.

Beast who do you think we could get that would fit the billókeep in mind we are only about 1.3 mil under the cap. I know ppl throw out RNH but heís making way too much at 4.75 mil. and those rumors come with Miller going the other way which isnít happening. Given how well Boo has played, do you think Lettieri deserves a shot at making this team before we go outside?
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 12-10-2017 at 07:22 PM.

AV doesnít like to over play his players so Grabner will not see PP time because heís on our PK. An empty net goal is an empty net goalóitís not a game winner or a clutch goal, iím saying exactly what iím saying heís a good bottom 6 guy, heís not a top 6 guyóMy comments are towards these reporters who jump on certain players band wagon when they have a good game. I like our team but we need a 2nd line center and a d-man or 2.

The problem is I think Gorton is still trying to figure out if we are a play-off team or not. If we ARE, we need a center and a d-man or 2. If weíre sellers then Nash, Smith & Pavlec are trade chips.

Beast who do you think we could get that would fit the billókeep in mind we are only about 1.3 mil under the cap. I know ppl throw out RNH but heís making way too much at 4.75 mil. and those rumors come with Miller going the other way which isnít happening. Given how well Boo has played, do you think Lettieri deserves a shot at making this team before we go outside?
    Nash, Zibanajad and Hayes all play pk and pp as well.
    With regards to Gorton figuring out if we are a playoff team or not is irrelevant to me atleast, as I don't think we are a cup team. Nash has value and if we could say turn him into Timo Mier or another young forward and lose his cap hit we should do it. Smith should be moved sooner than later and if we could dump Staal we should. This teams window isn't closing imo it's just a year or two away again, we have to move players that aren't a part of that and get value back. We will still be competitive until then if it's done right. We need to get hungry young players to play with the Zucs, Mcdonaghs and Kreider etc. I liked most things Gorton has done since he took over, he needs to continue to get younger and more skilled.

Of the forwards only Nash, Zibenajad and Zuccs get time on both the PP and PK but thatís Nash ( 1.43 PK & 2.19 PP) Zibenajad (1.10 PK & 3.43 PP) & Zuccs( 1.01PK & 3.05PP). Our 3 best players. Hayes doesnít get PP timeó.45 PP. only JT Miller and Zuccarello avg. over 14 min. per game in ice time

Of the forwards only Nash, Zibenajad and Zuccs get time on both the PP and PK but thatís Nash ( 1.43 PK & 2.19 PP) Zibenajad (1.10 PK & 3.43 PP) & Zuccs( 1.01PK & 3.05PP). Our 3 best players. Hayes doesnít get PP timeó.45 PP. only JT Miller and Zuccarello avg. over 14 min. per game in ice time
    Generally there's 3 pairs of pk forwards so for the most part 3 of 6 are doing both.

Itís hard to say who would fit that bill considering defense is harder to quantify with regular statistics. I donít know enough about Lettieri to say he would fit. Iím thinking maybe a Sam Gagne or Brandon Sutter. Someone who can move up and down the lineup and isnít taking ice away from young guys that deserve it. Itís more of a band aid until the young players we have prove theyíre ready to take over.

I think we need another dependable defenseman if not a spectacular one. If we make a big move, Iím really hoping for a Justin Faulk or Jacob Trouba. I know weíd need to deal one of our top forwards to get that done but I think thatís how we maximize what Hank has left.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast