Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,467

    Bills vs Pats game day thread.

    There is probably no way we beat them Sunday. We really haven't seen any brilliant game day coaching schemes that could beat Brady and Bellichick. Throwing 5 times in the 2nd half of football games and running 30 times for 20 yards, like we have done 2 out of the last 3 games, couldn't make the Pats happier. So odds are, this is what we will see again. A Full dose of McCoy, whether he is gaining yards or not.

    I would like to see the Bills blitz all day. I am not saying our defensive line will get through, being we haven't seen that accomplished in over a month, but Brady struggles when he is pressured constantly.

    On Offense, I am ok with McCoy running it if it is working. But if there are no results, like we have seen several times this year, someone needs to take the playbook away from Dennison and try something new. Rather than running it 100 times for 20 yards and watching the Pats beat us, How about they let Tyrod throw the ball 40 times. At least when we lose, we can say they tried.

    Except for the 2nd Jets game, McDermott has not tried to win any of our games that we lost in the 2nd half. Then as we saw against KC, McDermott does not try to put teams away in the 2nd half either. They better have a scheme Sunday, because if we see the same vanilla offense and defense we have seen so far, the games a loss before it even starts.
    Last edited by sabres11; 12-01-2017 at 11:51 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,658
    It would be pretty amazing if we won though...

    the momentum from a win would propel us to the playoffs.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,467
    Iím curious to see what the Bills mafia has in store. Can they top last years sex toy being thrown on the field at Gronk? That might be the biggest storyline of the game.

    Even though we have beaten the Pats in recent years, the Bills havenít beaten Brady when the game actually matters. We will see if McDermott rises to the occasion, or if he is just like the rest of the past Bills coaches. A game plan, execution and a win would definetly prove his worth for the future. A loss, in the same lame mediocre fashion we have been seeing from him, will just prove he is keeping the seat warm for our next coach.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,467
    Well here we go. Letís see if McDermott actually coaches today. As much as we didnít like Rex, at least Rex called some endarounds, flee flickers and the wildcat every game to keep teams thinking about something. We havenít seen anything from McDermott. Maybe he has been saving his bag of tricks for NE.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,467
    And there you go. First series, doing some coaching finally.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,467
    So was that challenge just to give our defense more than a 30 second time out and to take the pats out of their grove or did McDermott think that Brady was down by contact?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14,660
    Gronkowski should be suspended for that. I don't care if White wasn't injured on the play, there was a deliberate intent behind that.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14,660
    We could end up with back to back picks in the draft. The Jets just handed KC their 6th loss of the season. They are imploding. Losers of 6 of their last 7. The Chargers have Cleveland at home right now and Oakland has the Giants at home. Both of those teams are currently 5-6 with their games just getting underway today.

    Chargers have the throwback blue and gold on today. I'm digging it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,467
    White is in concussion protocol now. Gronk should get two or more games suspended for this. If he plays the next time we play them, expect another Crabtree/Talib type fight on the very first possession.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    10,172
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    White is in concussion protocol now. Gronk should get two or more games suspended for this. If he plays the next time we play them, expect another Crabtree/Talib type fight on the very first possession.
    Who on the Bills is going to fight? How many Bills players went up to Gronk after that happened?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,467
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Who on the Bills is going to fight? How many Bills players went up to Gronk after that happened?
    When Talib broke Crabtrees necklace last year, Crabtree never went after him that game. That anger brewed until they met again last game and Crabtree went after him on the very first play.

    Gronk will get hit low by White himself, or something else will happen to him. There is no way the team leaves it at that. I think it was Hyde, the only player who saw what happened, but he immediately went after the ref to complain. Preston Brown thought Gronk was pushed and tripped onto White and only learned what happened well after it was to late. Then there was a fight in the middle of the field with flags being thrown as well distracting Bills players. If the players knew exactly what had happened at that moment, there would have been a brawl. Several Bills players went to the Pats bench and said something and Billichick was smart enough to not let Gronk even go onto the field for the rest of the time remaining.

    If I were to gamble on what will happen, Id bet Gronk gets 2 games suspended. Bellichick then tells Gronk to appeal so he could play next week, then to drop the appeal so the two games will take him out of the Bills game.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    40,833
    Pretty disappointing game yesterday. The first drive was perfect until that absolutely awful INT by Taylor.

    From there, the Bills kept it close for the rest of the half, but the Patriots were pretty much just manhandling the Bills defense. The Pats just weren't able to make a key play or two on third down.

    The Joe Webb stuff was good. Hope they do more of it.

    Peterman played very bad in garbage time. Hopefully Tyrod's injury isn't too bad.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    10,172
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    When Talib broke Crabtrees necklace last year, Crabtree never went after him that game. That anger brewed until they met again last game and Crabtree went after him on the very first play.

    Gronk will get hit low by White himself, or something else will happen to him. There is no way the team leaves it at that. I think it was Hyde, the only player who saw what happened, but he immediately went after the ref to complain. Preston Brown thought Gronk was pushed and tripped onto White and only learned what happened well after it was to late. Then there was a fight in the middle of the field with flags being thrown as well distracting Bills players. If the players knew exactly what had happened at that moment, there would have been a brawl. Several Bills players went to the Pats bench and said something and Billichick was smart enough to not let Gronk even go onto the field for the rest of the time remaining.

    If I were to gamble on what will happen, Id bet Gronk gets 2 games suspended. Bellichick then tells Gronk to appeal so he could play next week, then to drop the appeal so the two games will take him out of the Bills game.
    They saw and did nothing. Preston Brown was standing right there and immediately turned to the official. This team has very little fight in them and it's been like that for years. Even Aaron Williams just called them out on it, stating that nothing has changed.

    It's a pointless argument. Them retaliating isn't going to do anything, but we'll see. IMO, they missed their opportunity.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •