Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Drives me crazy when teams are 3rd and long and do a play that typically only gets 3 yards
    That's because there really aren't any 15 to 20 yard plays in a playbook. Idea is to get what you can or maybe break one loose randomly.

Goodwin the security blanket.

Sustained, longer drives is a welcome change, even without the scoring to match yet.

Hyde needs to man up and run into defenders with his pads low. Push for every inch he can get in lieu of running out of bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Sustained, longer drives is a welcome change, even without the scoring to match yet.
    True.

Have been in the redzone 75% of the time. Just need to convert in shorter yardage situations and stop the penalties. We need a large redzone target too. Have needed this for years.
    Last edited by hamburger; 12-03-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger View Post
    True.

Have been in the redzone 75% of the time. Just need to convert in shorter yardage situations and stop the penalties. We need a large redzone target too. Have needed this for years.
    Wouldn't mind a trade down and take Sutton as one of the options there.

Jesus, Hyde taken out by a CB. Just go for it here.

****ing penalties in the redzone. Stupid ****.

(lol)
    Last edited by hamburger; 12-03-2017 at 03:22 PM.

****ing **** **** **** dumb *** ****.

Damn... impressive throw by Jimmy G there. Too bad Kittle was just out of bounds.

Another fg...

Penalties in the redzone have killed two TD's. Overall I'm happy with Garoppolo today. I can see the difference in production with longer sustained drives. He has good field vision, a quick release and great pocket awareness.

With time in this offense and better WR's we could have a good 2018 on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac8675 View Post
    Damn... impressive throw by Jimmy G there. Too bad Kittle was just out of bounds.

Another fg...
    I think he had a good first half. That "int" wasn't on him and penalties really killed a couple possible TD's. He generally moved the ball well through the air without much help from the run game.

The o-line looked decent pass blocking. Our WR's are megh. Goodwin and Taylor are #3's. Everyone else would be bench players on other teams.

Long story short, the passing game looks functional with Garoppolo out there. More controlled. With Beathard everything felt chaotic but that had a lot to do with poor pass blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    That's because there really aren't any 15 to 20 yard plays in a playbook. Idea is to get what you can or maybe break one loose randomly.
    I understand why teams do it. But drives me crazy when they do it. Teams don't have 3rd and 21 plays. I get it. But I'd rather see a 10 yard play over one that starts 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage when you have long distance to go

Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    I understand why teams do it. But drives me crazy when they do it. Teams don't have 3rd and 21 plays. I get it. But I'd rather see a 10 yard play over one that starts 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage when you have long distance to go
    Well, I think the idea is teams are going to drop back as many as they can, so longer passes means more possibility for an INT. Plays like draws and passes behind the line are low low risk.

Wow... refs completely boned us on that drive.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast