Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 91 to 98 of 98
  1. #91
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,387
    It was nice to see us convert on third down without much of a run game going. Also, time of possession really helped our defense. I should move Garoppolo's grade up to an A- seeing his play also improved the defense. lol

  2. #92
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Having Brown helps considerably also.

    When CJ had time, he did pretty good. The problem was when the dl was at our qb by the time CJ got the ball. That didn't happen yesterday. I attribute a lot of that to brown being back and the ol playing well and yes, some because of Jimmy. But not nearly as much to Jimmy as others are.
    Beathard got the crap end of the stick with a banged up o-line but he does hold onto the ball too long and has an issue sensing pressure on his blind side. His short/mod range passes can alao lack zip at times thus giving defenders time to make a jump on the ball which can generate ints and limit YAC.

    JG10 also threw guys open and got the ball out fast with a quick release. The ball shoots out without hesitation. He goes through progressions faster than CJ as well. That's experience and talent on display.

    Thank god we have our QB position taken care of for 2018. If JG works out long term we're set.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11,856
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburger View Post
    Beathard got the crap end of the stick with a banged up o-line but he does hold onto the ball too long and has an issue sensing pressure on his blind side. His short/mod range passes can alao lack zip at times thus giving defenders time to make a jump on the ball which can generate ints and limit YAC.

    JG10 also threw guys open and got the ball out fast with a quick release. The ball shoots out without hesitation. He goes through progressions faster than CJ as well. That's experience and talent on display.

    Thank god we have our QB position taken care of for 2018. If JG works out long term we're set.
    Yeah, CJ often seemed oblivious to the pressure in the pocket. Almost to the point he didn't care if he got hit.

    Not sure if I saw Jimmy throw his receivers open. But he did a great job in finding the open receivers overall. Still don't know how that one pass into triple coverage made it, but I'm not complaining lol

  4. #94
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Yeah, CJ often seemed oblivious to the pressure in the pocket. Almost to the point he didn't care if he got hit.

    Not sure if I saw Jimmy throw his receivers open. But he did a great job in finding the open receivers overall. Still don't know how that one pass into triple coverage made it, but I'm not complaining lol
    On that pass, it was his quick release. I think the secondary thought he was getting sacked. Then the ball placement was low so only one defender could've nabbed it. I could be remembering it wrong but I think it was his quick release and ball placement on that pass. Maybe a little luck.

    Good luck on that pass, bad luck on the "int". Either way we controlled time of possession and if we could run (and without redzone penalties) the score could've easily been 35 to 14.

    Just imagine what JG10 could've done with a #1 WR and Garcon in the game. Add a decent run game (with a RB that can catch) and the offense would've looked like the 1994 49ers.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,061
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    Iím actually with Lefty here. The only difference was at QB and out OL looked awesome. Pocket awareness, decision making and a quick release can swiftly make an OL look a lot better.
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Having Brown helps considerably also.

    When CJ had time, he did pretty good. The problem was when the dl was at our qb by the time CJ got the ball. That didn't happen yesterday. I attribute a lot of that to brown being back and the ol playing well and yes, some because of Jimmy. But not nearly as much to Jimmy as others are.
    It was a combination of both. Jimmy not only is more decisive than Beathard or Hoyer have been, but has one of the quicker releases in the NFL. That makes it much more difficult to sack him. That being said, the line did perform better in pass protection. Part of that was getting everyone back healthy. However, the run blocking wasn't very good and there was still room for improvement in pass protection.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,009
    If only JG could get a big bodied freak of a Wideout

    I am starting to like Trent Taylor at the slot though.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,009
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Jimmy was the single most important reason? I have to disagree. He was good, but that might have been one of the best ol performances of the year in "pass" protection. They gave up 1 sack, the other was on Jimmy. The defense also only gave up 1 td, the other was on special teams.

    Other than the one fumble (int), and 1 Hyde drop, the receivers also seemed to hold onto the ball from what I can remember.

    Personally I'd say it was a good overall team performance other than maybe special teams (which are usually solid). But I'd say they were good also in that they made 5 Fg's although had 1, almost 2, bad coverage plays.
    The Oline needs to thank JG

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    6,833
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    The Oline needs to thank JG

    Everyone does. It's kinda like Aaron Rodgers on the Packers. They are a SB contender with him, and without him, they are looking at the draft.

    He kept his offense on the field with all those 3rd down completions, and many of them weren't 3rd and inches, they had 7 or so 3rd and longs. He completed a majority of them.

    That kept the defense rested and off the field.

    He had a game winning drive that started from inside his 20 I believe.

    His release was so quick, it made the Oline better than it's ever looked all year. He led receivers, which probably resulted in more YAC yards than at any point this season.

    His WR's widely regarded as mediocre to below average at best, put up 90 yard receiving days and looked pretty good!

    No timeouts for clock mismanagement, no confusion on what the play call was or how to run it...

    He's going to face some serious defenses going forward. Let's see Houston and Jacksonville. Pretty good tests. They don't have the offensive firepower to compete with the Rams, but I think that game might be entertaining.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

    PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •