Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    1 if we use the franchise tag on Keenum is the entire cap on us if he is traded? Could we do this and get a 2nd rounder let's say without much of a cap hit if we wanted?

2. I don't believe we need to franchise any fa this year so could we instead use the transitional tag? I believe this gives us the option to match his other offers basically
    Ah yes the transition tag would be a cheaper option. It would be the top ten QB salaries compared to the top 5 for the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Teams do really stupid things for a QB. Look at the Texans signing Osweiler. The Jets drafting Hackenberg. Josh Allen going top 10 next year. Wouldn't surprise me if a team clinging to their SB chances like the Broncos tries to throw a boat load of cash at him. The Broncos were interested in him in the past.

Regardless of what the Vikings do any contract we sign Keenum to will be team friendly. Brzyinski (spelling) is the hero we deserve.

And I'll be the guy who says it. If Keenum becomes over priced we always have Teddy to bring back cheaper.
    If the club believes Teddy can produce at a level of Case then he would likely be brought back cheaper. They have to take into account Teddy's injury as well. Case has not taken many hits and his pocket presence is probably one of the best I've seen this year.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    If the club believes Teddy can produce at a level of Case then he would likely be brought back cheaper. They have to take into account Teddy's injury as well. Case has not taken many hits and his pocket presence is probably one of the best I've seen this year.
    What do we if this scenario occurs:

#1 seed is clinched. Teddy plays extensively week 17 and looks a little rusty but good overall. Keenum continues his strong play is the playoffs and leads the team the team to a SB. His agent is demanding a long term deal around 20-25 million. Teddys camp is asking around 10-15 million. We know we sign Keenum then a guy like Kendricks or Diggs or Hunter is unlikely to be resigned with less cash. Keeping Teddy allows you more flexibility to keep everybody but we have minimal exposure to his live play so there's more risk. What do you do?
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

#1 seed is clinched. Teddy plays extensively week 17 and looks a little rusty but good overall. Keenum continues his strong play is the playoffs and leads the team the team to a SB. His agent is demanding a long term deal around 20-25 million. Teddys camp is asking around 10-15 million. We know we sign Keenum then a guy like Kendricks or Diggs or Hunter is unlikely to be resigned with less cash. Keeping Teddy allows you more flexibility to keep everybody but we have minimal exposure to his live play so there's more risk. What do you do?
    The thing that sucks is that its really hard for me to rule out Teddy because if my emotional attachment to him lol.

I mean here we are...having a dude play at an unbelievable level yet we have this conversation. It's kind of like when San Diego had just drafted Rivers and had Brees. I think in Rivers they saw the ceiling as being higher. Which no one would have thought Brees would have gone on to do what he did. They moved on from him because of an injury and they also had Rivers. I honestly think that a lot of who we decide to go with will depend on if Pat is our OC again. If we fall short they may think that Teddy has a higher ceiling to take us to the next level.

In other words...I have no idea what I would do lol.

I'd keep the guy who helped us win a super bowl. We know what he can do.
    Teddy, we have no idea. He could be great or a complete bust. None of us have any clue.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Weird to even be thinking Teddy would come cheaper.
    But he wouldn't be cheaper for long
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

You sign Teddy to a 3 or 4 year deal with little dead money after year 1 and around 12-15M a year. Basically the same that I am comfortable giving Case.

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

Ill always be more comfortable paying someone who does it over someone who “might” do it. Big reason the rookie wage scale was implemented. Bradford was the last HUGE contract for a guy who never played a single down in the nfl.

There is always a balance, however, between potential vs results.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpac_101 View Post
    Ill always be more comfortable paying someone who does it over someone who “might” do it. Big reason the rookie wage scale was implemented. Bradford was the last HUGE contract for a guy who never played a single down in the nfl.

There is always a balance, however, between potential vs results.
    Ya that is my thinking as well. I keep visioning in my head that Teddy physically could do this but there will always be that worry on any hit to his leg if it will literally fall off lol. I dont have that worry with Case.

I kind of view Case as a stock bonds. Very safe, very stable.
    Teddy is my high risk high reward stock.

Ya that is my thinking as well. I keep visioning in my head that Teddy physically could do this but there will always be that worry on any hit to his leg if it will literally fall off lol. I dont have that worry with Case.

Do we have any idea how someone comes back from a dangling lower leg injury? I mean zach miller almost lost his too so those are the recent ones but neither has playing in game yet. Ej henderson broke his femur and came back but thats upper leg. Cant think of any dislocated kneecap stories off hand.

Well Case has had an ACL repair so we can't assume his knee will be completely stable forever either... Granted Teddy dislocated his knee (tearing at least 3 ligaments) and not just his ACL so the injury risk is higher for him, just wanted to point out the Case is almost 30 and has an ACL repair in his past too.

Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    Well Case has had an ACL repair so we can't assume his knee will be completely stable forever either... Granted Teddy dislocated his knee (tearing at least 3 ligaments) and not just his ACL so the injury risk is higher for him, just wanted to point out the Case is almost 30 and has an ACL repair in his past too.
    Yep you're right. Tore it back in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpac_101 View Post
    Do we have any idea how someone comes back from a dangling lower leg injury? I mean zach miller almost lost his too so those are the recent ones but neither has playing in game yet. Ej henderson broke his femur and came back but thats upper leg. Cant think of any dislocated kneecap stories off hand.
    Robert Edwards is the only one that comes to mind. Robert and Zach both had nerve damage and from my understanding Teddy did not. Kind of the same reason Shariff Floyd's career is likely done, because of nerve damage.

The other thing that continues to come to mind is what was constantly being said prior to the draft and during the draft. Scouts were always saying that he has "skinny knees". Perhaps a coincidence but maybe there was something to it.

Late that day, however, Edwards found himself in an ambulance en route to hospital, where doctors would decide whether to amputate his left leg below the knee or try to repair his artery, giving him a long-shot chance to walk with a cane.

In a single moment without warning, Edwards had dislocated his knee while diving to knock down a pass that afternoon. Dislocation, however, doesn't come close to explaining the carnage that occurred: Edwards's anterior cruciate, posterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments were all completely torn. A fourth ligament was nearly shredded. In addition, he suffered severe nerve damage and a severed artery that had to be repaired immediately. One doctor said it looked as though Edwards's knee had been hit by a hand grenade.
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...rticle4121029/

Robert Edwards is the only one that comes to mind. Robert and Zach both had nerve damage and from my understanding Teddy did not. Kind of the same reason Shariff Floyd's career is likely done, because of nerve damage.

The other thing that continues to come to mind is what was constantly being said prior to the draft and during the draft. Scouts were always saying that he has "skinny knees". Perhaps a coincidence but maybe there was something to it.

Very interesting. Rg3 always looked like he had skinny knees too, just so gangly lol. Is Case really only 29? Is that old for a qb tho? Thats seems rather young for that position. Wonder what the median age of starting qbs is in 2017, id say him and teddy both have over 5 years left easy.

After the injury happened IIRC some doctors came out and said even if he did have "skinny knees" that wouldn't effect how strong his ligaments are.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast