Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    NFC is ours to take now gentlemen ....

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Can u trade a qb whos contract has been tolled

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    i would think so i have also read somewhere just after this was revealed that they can also pick up the extra year option.but with all this smoke out there any thing can happen.if i was teddys agent id welcome a tolled contract.just to show case him.either to pry more money from the vikes or a huge payday if he proves he is healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Last I saw his market value was estimated around 15 million. That was a week or two ago. I would pay that. Once that figure gets into the 20s I'll be more iffy. Spending that much will guarantee we lose a position player. We won't be to afford big deals for Keenum, Diggs, Barr, and Hunter. Plus Waynes has his option coming up and will need a deal eventually. McKinnon, if resigned, is due for a pay raise.
    right now the vikes have 13.5 mill in cap space and will have just under 65.5 mill in cap room next march. plenty enough to get things done according to over the cap

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    I still think his sample size is too small to warrant 20 mil a year.
    Man I just don't know. You see guys like Brock get paid but Case its a little different because he is almost 30. If he got 20 mil it would be a short deal because I think most seem to agree that he has the right offense and right supporting cast. If he wants more money guaranteed he might have to accept a lower amount with more years.

I really do think Case leaves with Pat and we continue with Teddy.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota.../market-value/
    ^ Spotrac calculated value for Keenum
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

Quote Originally Posted by tripleplayer543 View Post
    right now the vikes have 13.5 mill in cap space and will have just under 65.5 mill in cap room next march. plenty enough to get things done according to over the cap
    That's not as much as it appears. We only have 38 players signed for 2018. We have a draft class to sign, free agents to fill out of the roster and extensions to give out. Plus we need to make sure we don't put ourselves in a cap bind in the future. Unless we can sign a QB to a cheaper deal it's basically guaranteed we will lose a very good player.
    2017 Vikings Draft :

#Faith

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Man I just don't know. You see guys like Brock get paid but Case its a little different because he is almost 30. If he got 20 mil it would be a short deal because I think most seem to agree that he has the right offense and right supporting cast. If he wants more money guaranteed he might have to accept a lower amount with more years.

I really do think Case leaves with Pat and we continue with Teddy.
    We arent going into next season with both qb's. I would bet bridgewater is qb'ing this team next year.

If you cant beat them, join them

2017 Vikings Draft :

#Faith

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota.../market-value/
    ^ Spotrac calculated value for Keenum
    Interesting to look at, 3 years 16 per right now. I would gladly pay him that over Bradford who they project as worth 4 years 22 mil lol. Cousins at 27 per.

Don't see one for Teddy but given his situation I think (like others mentioned) his price/age may make him the keeper in this situation.

He has been making plays like that all year, and very few mistakes. His only knock is that he misses the open man occasionally. Everyone is waiting for him to be the old keenum but i believe the way he is playing now is who he is. Outside of 09' Favre, he could be my favorite Viking qb ever.

I'm going to pass on any long term deal for Keenum. Any guaranteed money past year 2 and anything more than 15M a year and I'll let someone else pay that. Hypothetically, Case goes to a different team that doesn't have as good of a supporting cast and struggles, would all of you wanting him to be the MVP still think we should have extended him? I guess what I am getting at is, if you knew that Case plays well with a great supporting cast but plays poorly when he is asked to make tough throws, would you still want to sign him long term?

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    I'm going to pass on any long term deal for Keenum. Any guaranteed money past year 2 and anything more than 15M a year and I'll let someone else pay that. Hypothetically, Case goes to a different team that doesn't have as good of a supporting cast and struggles, would all of you wanting him to be the MVP still think we should have extended him? I guess what I am getting at is, if you knew that Case plays well with a great supporting cast but plays poorly when he is asked to make tough throws, would you still want to sign him long term?
    Of the 3 on this team, he is who i am paying. I dont care how he would play on the browns. I'd pay him and give him a handy under the table as he is signing the contract, thats how well he is playing. With brady's and wentz's games yesterday, he edged a little closer in the mvp race.

Of the 3 on this team, he is who i am paying. I dont care how he would play on the browns. I'd pay him and give him a handy under the table as he is signing the contract, thats how well he is playing. With brady's and wentz's games yesterday, he edged a little closer in the mvp race.

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

Case Keenum Named NFC Offensive Player of the Month

He maybe inched closer to wentz but he isn't even in third (to many people at least) for MVP and it's not like he had some great game himself.

He would have to completely dominate individually the rest of the way to really be a threat to win MVP with us having best record. I am very happy he is playing well for us but right now he really isn't in that convo.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 12-04-2017 at 06:07 PM.

Bridgewater is winning MVP. Heard his practice stats are impeccable.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast