Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Case Keenum Named NFC Offensive Player of the Month

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn

Congrats and keep it up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Congrats to him. Much deserved. All the people saying he isnt playing anywhere “near” MVP caliber just makes me shake my head ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpac_101 View Post
    Congrats to him. Much deserved. All the people saying he isnt playing anywhere “near” MVP caliber just makes me shake my head ...
    I mean I don't want to start another debate here that isn't already happening in the Teddy thread but he really isn't playing like an MVP. His stats back this up:

TDs: 17th (tied)
    Yards: 13th
    YDS/A: 12th
    YDS/G: 12th
    Completion %: 8th
    QB Rating: 11th

Team MVP I can absolutely get on board with but league MVP not a chance.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

Its what i have been saying. He is playing like a MVP, top 5 for sure. No way is he being replaced. Before this year he hasnt even played in two full seasons of games, so to say he is going to revert to what he was is completely unfair. This could be who he
    Is and he is probably our qb of the future, until Bradford comes back( just kidding)..

I know him being named player of the month is killing some of you, looking at you nephew...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Case Keenum Named NFC Offensive Player of the Month

He has played great and deserves recognition, not sure why that would make anyone mad? Congrats to him and hopefully he keeps it up all the way to the super bowl.

If you want to know how much in the discussion he is there is a very long thread in the main forum, feel free to check how often he's being brought up for MVP to go along with the numbers posted already. He has some work to do to really be in that conversation if we aren't being homers.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I mean I don't want to start another debate here that isn't already happening in the Teddy thread but he really isn't playing like an MVP. His stats back this up:

TDs: 17th (tied)
    Yards: 13th
    YDS/A: 12th
    YDS/G: 12th
    Completion %: 8th
    QB Rating: 11th

Team MVP I can absolutely get on board with but league MVP not a chance.
    He's absolutely NOT winning MVP, I know that for sure. I'm not saying he IS MVP, i'm saying he's "playing" at an MVP type level, which we really cant deny. The yards and TDS overall cant really be applied since he hasnt started all the games this year. I also take qbr more importantly than rating since is accounts for what the QB specifically does, and he's 2nd in that, and if we add in his rushing, mobility, and the points per game we have as an offense plus we have 7 straight wins his "play" is absolutely MVP caliber.

I'm sure if we look at Cam Newtons MVP year his passing stats are probably comparable if not worse, and he was 11th in QBR that year. Now, is Keenum Cam Newton? Of course not. But these stats alone arent a good representation of what he's done for this team this season. Again, I'm not saying he IS MVP, I'm saying he's "playing" MVP caliber.

If he wasn't, he wouldnt have gotten this honor.

http://www.myajc.com/sports/football...aESGsojpr6kpM/
    Last edited by Wolfpac_101; 11-30-2017 at 02:59 PM.

He's absolutely NOT winning MVP, I know that for sure. I'm not saying he IS MVP, i'm saying he's "playing" at an MVP type level, which we really cant deny. The yards and TDS overall cant really be applied since he hasnt started all the games this year. I also take qbr more importantly than rating since is accounts for what the QB specifically does, and he's 2nd in that, and if we add in his rushing, mobility, and the points per game we have as an offense plus we have 7 straight wins his "play" is absolutely MVP caliber.

I'm sure if we look at Cam Newtons MVP year his passing stats are probably comparable if not worse, and he was 11th in QBR that year. Now, is Keenum Cam Newton? Of course not. But these stats alone arent a good representation of what he's done for this team this season. Again, I'm not saying he IS MVP, I'm saying he's "playing" MVP caliber.

http://www.myajc.com/sports/football...aESGsojpr6kpM/
    Tom brady is obviously MVP again, but to your Cam Newton point i think Case can be just as good as him. Cam doesnt impress me ..

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    He has played great and deserves recognition, not sure why that would make anyone mad? Congrats to him and hopefully he keeps it up all the way to the super bowl.

If you want to know how much in the discussion he is there is a very long thread in the main forum, feel free to check how often he's being brought up for MVP to go along with the numbers posted already. He has some work to do to really be in that conversation if we aren't being homers.
    Obviously, if your a teddy supporter seeing Case playing so well hurts. Thats why i said that.

I'd go Wentz, the stuff that guy is doing is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Its what i have been saying. He is playing like a MVP, top 5 for sure. No way is he being replaced. Before this year he hasnt even played in two full seasons of games, so to say he is going to revert to what he was is completely unfair. This could be who he
    Is and he is probably our qb of the future, until Bradford comes back( just kidding)..

I know him being named player of the month is killing some of you, looking at you nephew...

Come on Unc... I'm happy for the guy. I just don't think he can keep it up. We will see over the next 2 weeks.

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

I'd go Wentz, the stuff that guy is doing is unreal.
    As much as I hate Brady, pretty much all of his stats are better than Wentz's

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post

Obviously, if your a teddy supporter seeing Case playing so well hurts. Thats why i said that.

Not at all, I think there are just a couple posters here taking this topic off the deep end with their strawman arguments.

At the very least we can all be happy we aren't stuck with Bradford anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    As much as I hate Brady, pretty much all of his stats are better than Wentz's

Brady will get the Lebron treatment. Wentz is the new guy so he will probably get the recognition. What I didn't realize voters only place one vote for who they think should get it. They don't get a list of say 5 guys and rank them as they see fit.

I personally think Case should rightfully get some MVP consideration even though like most of you say he will not win it. Look, if Brady or Wentz go down those teams are pretty much grounded. If the Vikes lose Keenum, well many think its just "next man up" and we'll be fine. Not sure, but all I know is Bradford put up career best numbers and now Keenum has under Pat's offense. Many think Teddy could do so as well.

EDIT: Apparently I can't use photobucket here

Case is 12th in PFF rankings
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...-after-week-12

And just to had fuel to the fire...based off of Teddy's 2 seasons he would be ranked 7th and 11th respectively.
    Last edited by pacofunk64; 11-30-2017 at 03:55 PM.

This add's to my "next man up" as stated above and why some may think Case is replaceable.

LAST WEEK: 8
    One of the best stories in the NFL must be the Minnesota Vikings. Without their first two preferred quarterbacks, Minnesota continues to get the most out of Case Keenum (80.4). While having his best season, Keenum is being buoyed by one of the best supporting casts in the league, with almost half of his 282 yards Thursday being generated after the catch (including 70 yards gained on passes behind the LOS). Speaking of supporting cast, the Vikings haven’t lost a game since Dalvin Cook (82.0) went out with an ACL injury in Week 4, with the combination of Latavius Murray and Jerick McKinnon earning 120 rushing yards after contact against Detroit, forcing eight missed tackles in the process.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...nkings-week-13

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast