Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Yea there is still a chance however even more unlikely that our chances were before yesterday.
    I disagree. Obviously it would have been better if the Seahawks had lost but at least the Falcons and Lions both lose so we have a good shot to surpass them. So now it's down to one team ahead of us basically.

Plus the Panthers might crumble too. I think if they go 2-2 to end the year then we'd get in ahead of them. Hopefully they lose to the Vikings and Bucs while beating the Falcons and Packers. They'd be 6-6 in conference while we'd be 8-4 (if we win out).

Anyway, my point is the tank is definitely not on yet. If we win out, I think we'll be in the playoffs. We've gotta do that first though. We also have to hope that the Browns can get their first win of the year next weekend so that Rodgers doesn't come back and will the Packers to the playoffs (they'd have a tie breaker over us because they beat us). Atlanta also needs to go 2-2 to end the year at best because they have the tie-breaker over us too.

Reporter: What happened Dak?

Dak: I don't know, they were everywhere. I'd throw, they would intercept it. I'd try to run, they were right there. I'd look up, there they were. It's not fair. I miss my Zeke, I can't do this without him. They were right, all of them, they were all right. Wentz IS better than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I disagree. Obviously it would have been better if the Seahawks had lost but at least the Falcons and Lions both lose so we have a good shot to surpass them. So now it's down to one team ahead of us basically.

Plus the Panthers might crumble too. I think if they go 2-2 to end the year then we'd get in ahead of them. Hopefully they lose to the Vikings and Bucs while beating the Falcons and Packers. They'd be 6-6 in conference while we'd be 8-4 (if we win out).

Anyway, my point is the tank is definitely not on yet. If we win out, I think we'll be in the playoffs. We've gotta do that first though. We also have to hope that the Browns can get their first win of the year next weekend so that Rodgers doesn't come back and will the Packers to the playoffs (they'd have a tie breaker over us because they beat us). Atlanta also needs to go 2-2 to end the year at best because they have the tie-breaker over us too.
    Couldn't agree more.
    All seattle has to do is lose one more game. They play at Jax and the rams etc... So when we beet them were ok. The important thing is that the panthers and falcons both loss. They may also both lose again this week.
    The saints play the falcons
    The panthers play the vikings.
    Are chances increased after this week. I still think it will be difficult to beet the giants and raiders.
    Plus the eagles might now have something to play for in the last week if they are fighting for the bye week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post

There are too many variables right now...and every year, teams that are in the front runner end up not making it, while teams like the Green Bay Packers a few years ago surprisingly won out and made into the playoffs. The important thing is the Cowboys need to win out from here on out. Some team might stumble and slip in. I would still like to see this team with every piece together and everyone in sync to see what they look like. It's been so up and down.

I will say that if they were to pull it off and can go into the playoffs with a rested Zeke and a healthy Sean Lee I think they could actually make some serious noise. It would be absolutely glorious to see them knock the Eagles out of the playoffs on their home field.

I will say that if they were to pull it off and can go into the playoffs with a rested Zeke and a healthy Sean Lee I think they could actually make some serious noise. It would be absolutely glorious to see them knock the Eagles out of the playoffs on their home field.
    This team is built around it's stars (making it top heavy), so when those stars are missing, it knocks us out of whack more than some other teams who are more evenly spaced or adaptable. But, when leaning on our strengths (pounding teams, able to control the clock, play efficiently, playing ahead both on the first two downs and on the score board and also being opportunistic on defense), the team is a huge threat. That's why in that Redskin game, that early interception by Heath to keep it even and then Switzer pulling ahead, had us playing our game--wearing teams out with the o line attacking. Add Elliott who is much more explosive and Sean Lee who makes a dozen great plays that sometimes go unnoticed. We finally have a strong pass rush. I almost wished we had gotten Kamara somehow in the draft (I know we had needs elsewhere), but his explosiveness would have soften the blow of missing Elliott. I don't really want to over-rely on Elliott in the future... if your lead back is injured or missing somehow, it just knocks the team out of whack. Same with relying on Sean Lee--great player, but we need more depth.
    Last edited by rocketfuel; 12-05-2017 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    This team is built around it's stars (making it top heavy), so when those stars are missing, it knocks us out of whack more than some other teams who are more evenly spaced or adaptable. But, when leaning on our strengths (pounding teams, able to control the clock, play efficiently, playing ahead both on the first two downs and on the score board and also being opportunistic on defense), the team is a huge threat. That's why in that Redskin game, that early interception by Heath to keep it even and then Switzer pulling ahead, had us playing our game--wearing teams out with the o line attacking. Add Elliott who is much more explosive and Sean Lee who makes a dozen great plays that sometimes go unnoticed. We finally have a strong pass rush. I almost wished we had gotten Kamara somehow in the draft (I know we had needs elsewhere), but his explosiveness would have soften the blow of missing Elliott. I don't really want to over-rely on Elliott in the future... if your lead back is injured or missing somehow, it just knocks the team out of whack. Same with relying on Sean Lee--great player, but we need more depth.
    After seeing what the Saints have been doing with Kamara and Ingram I would not be opposed to the Cowboys drafting another RB between rounds 2-4. If he was the best player on the board at the time.

After seeing what the Saints have been doing with Kamara and Ingram I would not be opposed to the Cowboys drafting another RB between rounds 2-4. If he was the best player on the board at the time.
    Watching how Kamara ran through traffic and made 6 or 7 guys miss made me think how he'd have looked behind our line. He looks better than a lot of these high 1st round picks. I guess you never know what value you'd find in the 3rd round. Some of these teams are so good at finding these gems after the 1st round. For positions like running back, I'd rather do the draft because you can get a young explosive back that's much less expensive. I know our needs are on defense, but if there's some kind of talent at other positions that are clearly standouts than I'd go with that standout player.

Watching how Kamara ran through traffic and made 6 or 7 guys miss made me think how he'd have looked behind our line. He looks better than a lot of these high 1st round picks. I guess you never know what value you'd find in the 3rd round. Some of these teams are so good at finding these gems after the 1st round. For positions like running back, I'd rather do the draft because you can get a young explosive back that's much less expensive. I know our needs are on defense, but if there's some kind of talent at other positions that are clearly standouts than I'd go with that standout player.
    Definitely. If there is an offensive player there who’s talent is clearly better than anyone else in the board you take him. That includes WR and QB.

Definitely. If there is an offensive player there who’s talent is clearly better than anyone else in the board you take him. That includes WR and QB.
    Sean Payton was already set at running back, but he saw a lot of talent in Kamara having scouted him, so he snatched him up anyway happy that he was still there in the 3rd round. Just watching Kamara run, a lot of it isn't even really his line, he makes a lot of defenders miss on a regular basis and actually looks more elusive than Elliott, though Elliott is physically more powerful. I remember we drafted Marcus Spears over Aaron Rodgers. Drafting for need hasn't always worked out for us.

Sean Payton was already set at running back, but he saw a lot of talent in Kamara having scouted him, so he snatched him up anyway happy that he was still there in the 3rd round. Just watching Kamara run, a lot of it isn't even really his line, he makes a lot of defenders miss on a regular basis and actually looks more elusive than Elliott, though Elliott is physically more powerful. I remember we drafted Marcus Spears over Aaron Rodgers. Drafting for need hasn't always worked out for us.
    Keeping that Marcus Spears/Aaron Rodgers situation in mind if the Cowboys are sitting there at pick 16-19 and a Lamar Jackson is still on the board would you take him? If so what would you do with Dak?

Keeping that Marcus Spears/Aaron Rodgers situation in mind if the Cowboys are sitting there at pick 16-19 and a Lamar Jackson is still on the board would you take him? If so what would you do with Dak?
    Would he even last that long till 16? Seems like he'd be long gone. If you think he has a higher ceiling than Dak, I'd absolutely pull the trigger. I always liked Bill Walsh's 49ers in terms of how he stocked the team. He had a HOF quarterback behind a HOF quarterback. His 3rd stringer was pretty darn good too. I feel like if there's a clear stud that's several levels above others, you pick him right away. Injuries, free agency, etc. can remove the player you have....and sometimes the player you have regresses. I don't think we're a Superbowl team yet....we have some nice pieces...but we need to start building a strong blueprint that will beat these elite teams. These elite teams seem deep, with balance on both sides of the ball...and 90% of the ones that made the playoffs had a very strong defense with strong secondary play.

With the benefit of hindsight I can say I would have preferred Jaylon Ramsey who will likely be a generational player for a decade. Very good running backs are literally a dime a dozen and can be found in multiple rounds. A team built on one running back is a flawed team anyway. The more I think about it the more I want to get rid of Garrett and find a young offensive minded stud like Sean McVay of the Rams. What a turnaround with a QB that looked like a piece of **** last year.

I think Sean McVay would have made a big difference since he is more creative and willing to adapt with what he has in his personnel. He checks in with each of his players so he is more tuned in. The game is evolving and the coaches that innovate and be more adaptable are better fits. Its better to build through the draft because you can get the more explosive players cheaper. The Saints didnt look the same without kamara and they got him in the third round.

Btw, Orlando Scandrick, David Irving and Justin Durant are out vs. Giants. We've had so many key injuries this year.

Ouch . Didn't realize those 3 were out. Irving is the biggest loss IMO as he gets a continuous push from inside.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast