Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

GDT Week 13: Washington Redskins (5-6) vs. Dallas Cowboys (5-6)

Thursday Night Football, 7:25 PM (Central Time)
    Last edited by Romo2Bryant; 11-30-2017 at 12:36 AM.

Donít know how many of you guys live in Dallas and how many listen to The Fan in Dallas but they had an interesting conversation this morning.

The season really hinges on Thursday nights game against the Skins. If they win this game there is a still a chance at the playoffs. They would have to win out (2 gimmes and 2 tough games left if they beat the Skins). Not likely but possible.

If they lose though their season is basically done. If they lose Thursday I would just sit Zeke for the final two games. I would be in full on tank mode.

Thatís basically what they were talking about and I completely agree. With a loss it will be time to start looking towards the off season and next year.

The Redskins are a dangerous team. You see their loss of key players and their record and think it would be easy, but they've fought tooth and nail with some of the better teams. With how shaky we've looked after losing those linchpin players, this game is worrisome.

What's up guys. I come in peace. Bear with me. Yes I'm an eagle fan and on the cowboys forum but listen Washington needs to do us a big favor as I'm sure you are all aware. I'm not trying to cause any problems. Just hoping for a Washington win. I think you guys will rebound and win tonight but i want to clinch tonight and don't want it to carry over into late December.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Let's hope this is a start of our 5 game winning streak to make the playoffs. The Packers made it last year with a 10-6 record after starting 4-6. We don't have Aaron Rodgers, but we still have a lot of talent and a fairly winnable schedule going forward (especially if Eagles continue to win and they rest their starters week 17).

Here is what we as Cowboys fans should be hoping for this week/weekend:

1. Cowboys beat Washington tonight.
    2. Eagles beat Seattle
    3. Tampa Bay beats Green Bay
    4. Minnesota beats Atlanta
    5. Rams beat Arizona
    6. Ravens beat Lions

The New Orleans/Carolina game does not really matter. They have the same record and a similar schedule to end the year. One of them will win and go to 9-3 the other will fall to 8-4. If I had to pick one I'd hope that New Orleans loses as they might have played over their heads so far with their reliance on rookies who may start to hit rookie walls.

Either way, it seems like the competition will be for the last wild card spot, barring a big collapse by the Saints. So we have to hope that Atlanta starts to fall off and they start by losing to the Vikings this week. There is so much that has to go right for us to make the playoffs, but hopefully they just start the ball rolling this week by winning and see what else happens as we go forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Let's hope this is a start of our 5 game winning streak to make the playoffs. The Packers made it last year with a 10-6 record after starting 4-6. We don't have Aaron Rodgers, but we still have a lot of talent and a fairly winnable schedule going forward (especially if Eagles continue to win and they rest their starters week 17).

2. Eagles beat Seattle
    5. Rams beat Arizona
    6. Ravens beat Lions

The New Orleans/Carolina game does not really matter. They have the same record and a similar schedule to end the year. One of them will win and go to 9-3 the other will fall to 8-4. If I had to pick one I'd hope that New Orleans loses as they might have played over their heads so far with their reliance on rookies who may start to hit rookie walls.

Either way, it seems like the competition will be for the last wild card spot, barring a big collapse by the Saints. So we have to hope that Atlanta starts to fall off and they start by losing to the Vikings this week. There is so much that has to go right for us to make the playoffs, but hopefully they just start the ball rolling this week by winning and see what else happens as we go forward.
    I can't remember what year it was but Philly needed a crap ton of things to happen during the final 2 weeks. Somehow, it happened. I'm trying to go through my memory but can't recall for sure. I remember some crazy low percentage things happening though. This is going to bother me now.

Carson, trust me, even if you turn out to be a really bad QB, BDawk4Prez will always defend you on PSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post

2. Eagles beat Seattle
    5. Rams beat Arizona
    6. Ravens beat Lions

Who's available tonight?.... I saw that we had a bunch of guys that are injured....Zach Martin, Hitchens, Durant, Tyronn were all listed as questionable. Sean Lee's out. I forgot the list, but it seemed like a lot of our key players. Look, it really just comes down to keeping afloat till all the guys come back. If they are all back healthy, I think the Cowboys would be a big threat... we just have had one of those topsy turvy seasons where key guys go missing during key stretches that's thrown us off balance and our coaching staff hasn't been able to adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I can't remember what year it was but Philly needed a crap ton of things to happen during the final 2 weeks. Somehow, it happened. I'm trying to go through my memory but can't recall for sure. I remember some crazy low percentage things happening though. This is going to bother me now.
    Good.

Dallas just needs to tank at this point. Ive been trying to figure out who is at fault with this offense and its definitely a combination. Dak has been holding on to ball all day and thats a mix of him not confident in making tight window throws, linahans BS calls and us not having a elite WR play. I love Dez like most of us but we have to admit he isnt the player he once was. He would make a good #2 at this point. Without the huge threat of Zeke and the CB's not having to play run with play actions Dez cant get that extra step he needs.

Dak is a helleva leader and great kid but he looks real bad, like real damn bad. Its pathetic

Josh Norman is right, Dez is a JAG

Quote Originally Posted by NFLNBA View Post
    Dallas just needs to tank at this point. Ive been trying to figure out who is at fault with this offense and its definitely a combination. Dak has been holding on to ball all day and thats a mix of him not confident in making tight window throws, linahans BS calls and us not having a elite WR play. I love Dez like most of us but we have to admit he isnt the player he once was. He would make a good #2 at this point. Without the huge threat of Zeke and the CB's not having to play run with play actions Dez cant get that extra step he needs.

Dak is a helleva leader and great kid but he looks real bad, like real damn bad. Its pathetic
    If they lose tonight I agree. I wouldnít even play Zeke when he gets back.

So far defense has been giving offense every opportunity. Interception and a forced fumble.

I know they said the x-rays are negative on Dakís hand but it looks like itís broke to me. His hand swelled immediately.

Well i am glad we live to fight another day. Good win.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I don't remember either haha, but I hope it can happen for Dallas too. I'll be rooting for Philly Sunday night.

Reporter: What happened Dak?

Dak: I don't know, they were everywhere. I'd throw, they would intercept it. I'd try to run, they were right there. I'd look up, there they were. It's not fair. I miss my Zeke, I can't do this without him. They were right, all of them, they were all right. Wentz IS better than me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast