Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 82
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Did you listen to the Rex interview? Because he did not say that.
    Were all smart enough to put 2 & 2 together. Rex says the truth, about Tyrod not being the reason for losing 3 in a row, then says He was fired because the owner wanted him benched and he wouldn't do it. So then he questioned what the hell is going on in Buffalo and insinuates McDermott faced the same thing he did. Plus you have Anthony Lynn on record saying "well, i'm not going to talk about their affairs now", but that it wasn't his decision to bench Tyrod last year and that as coach, he wasn't even in the room when the decision to keep him off the field was made. Both Rex and Lynn are calling out the owners here.

    Even though this is there speculation, read what Greg Jennings and his co host said. They, from listening and watching everything that occurred from all parties, do not feel that this was McDermott's decision. And this is the perspective of former players, who know more than we do, of what goes on in a team. They feel its above McDermotts paygrade, either Bean or the higher ups call. I cant see Bean doing this so I think it may be safe to assume that history repeated itself with the Pegula's making the call.

    https://www.foxsports.com/watch/spea.../1096859203536
    Last edited by sabres11; 12-01-2017 at 09:32 AM.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I honestly don't see how they can't. Manziel was the last QB they drafted in the 1st round and that's already going on four years ago. He came with way too many concerns and was a stupid pick. Weeden was in 2012 and because of his age was another incredibly stupid pick for a team that needed to build around a QB. Consider where the Browns could have been if they had been bold enough to draft Wilson there. You'd have to go back to 2007 for the next one when they drafted Brady Quinn. They've managed to botch the 1st round QB every single time they've attempted to. They'll end up with the 1st overall choice in a draft where Rosen should be the consensus top pick as far as QBs go. Goff is finally looking good and Wentz is challenging for the MVP this year. Seems pretty obvious what a dumpster fire franchise like Cleveland should do with that pick if they ever want to change the course.
    With this group of QB's coming out, your absolutely right. They will definitely grab a QB in the first round.

    So will the Giants, Colts, San Fran, Cardinals. And if either of those teams don't draft a QB, The Jets, Broncos, Dolphins and probably the Red Skins will pounce on whoever is left. I cant see any team with one of the top 3 picks making a trade with Buffalo because of that.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,401
    San Fran or the Colts may hold off in the first round. It would surely take a trade which i am all for. If we're talking about one of the top 2 QB's then i would offer 3 1sts.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,466
    It will be interesting to see what San Fran does. They traded good picks already for Gorappolo, so I would kinda think they wouldnít use their first pick on a QB on another one. However, if they are picking 1st or 2nd, and have the option to drafting the best QB in the draft, I donít know if they would pass that opportunity up.

    The Colts will definetly draft a QB if their sitting atop the top 5. They are not sold at all on Brisset and Luck is finished. Even if Luck came back next year, they are going to nab his replacement.

    With the exception of San Fran, The teams that will have the first five picks in the draft, all desperately need a QB. I canít see a trade with the Bills happening.

    San Fran may be our only dance partner, if they are sitting 3-5, but that might be wishful thinking. Thereís a possibility that Goroppolo will finish the season for San Fran. So one of two things will happen. He plays great and wins, showing them they donít need a QB, but winning might take them out of the top 5. Or he will lose, which will then make them think they need to use a pick on a QB.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14,433
    Cleveland's remaining schedule isÖ @LAC, GB, BAL, @CHI, @PIT.
    San Francisco's remaining schedule isÖ @CHI, @HOU, TEN, JAX, @LAR.

    I agree with ChongInc. If there's any talk of the team in the top spot moving out, I'm offering up the two 1sts this year as well as the 2019 1st to get Rosen.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    9,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Cleveland's remaining schedule isÖ @LAC, GB, BAL, @CHI, @PIT.
    San Francisco's remaining schedule isÖ @CHI, @HOU, TEN, JAX, @LAR.

    I agree with ChongInc. If there's any talk of the team in the top spot moving out, I'm offering up the two 1sts this year as well as the 2019 1st to get Rosen.
    Agreed. I think the 49ers and Colts will be willing to trade their picks. If the Colts arenít willing to trade and they opt for a QB, Luck may be available.

    This may finally be the year for the Bills to get their guy at the top of the draft.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    9,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Did you listen to the Rex interview? Because he did not say that.
    Welcome to the forum. Thatís sabres being sabres...reporting his opinions and interpretations as fact instead of what was actually said.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,466
    For some, itís hard to comprehend for those who are cheerleaders and hedge their bets by always teetering on both sides of the fence. But the fact is, either Rex is telling the truth and the owners made the move, or McDermott is the stupidest coach in the history of the franchise, to gamble the season away, when his team sits in the final playoff spot and they are facing an AFC oppenant, that has major tie breaking implications. All for a 5th round pick.

    And as they said on WGR, and talked about extensively, Rex was asked if he thinks this came from the owners and he said yes, due to what happened to him, which is the original post. As I said, I know a former player and he doesnít think it came from the owners, but it comes down revisionist history. Donít be a cheerleader and use your brain. The owner is a jackssa or the coach is. Your brain should tell everyone, that since Rex went on the air and said the owner got involved once by benching Tyrod, that they probably got involved again. That was his way of saying he canít believe the coach would do this and risk his rep, kill the locker room and end the season.

    But Iím sure we wonít hear a peep out of you again until the Bills lose. When you blame Tyrod. Tyrod beats KC. Crickets.
    Last edited by sabres11; 12-03-2017 at 01:51 PM.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    9,292
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    For some, itís hard to comprehend for those who are cheerleaders and hedge their bets by always teetering on both sides of the fence. But the fact is, either Rex is telling the truth and the owners made the move, or McDermott is the stupidest coach in the history of the franchise, to gamble the season away, when his team sits in the final playoff spot and they are facing an AFC oppenant, that has major tie breaking implications. All for a 5th round pick.

    And as they said on WGR, and talked about extensively, Rex was asked if he thinks this came from the owners and he said yes, due to what happened to him, which is the original post. As I said, I know a former player and he doesnít think it came from the owners, but it comes down revisionist history. Donít be a cheerleader and use your brain. The owner is a jackssa or the coach is. Your brain should tell everyone, that since Rex went on the air and said the owner got involved once by benching Tyrod, that they probably got involved again. That was his way of saying he canít believe the coach would do this and risk his rep, kill the locker room and end the season.

    But Iím sure we wonít hear a peep out of you again until the Bills lose. When you blame Tyrod. Tyrod beats KC. Crickets.
    I swear things just constantly fly over your head.

    No one is saying your opinion or interpretation is wrong. However, you post your opinions as if that is what actually happened. You can avoid all of this by simply stating that it's your opinion or interpretation and not what was actually said. There is a difference. You can't have people looking at things as if it's fact when it's just how you perceived it. Just make it more clear.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,466
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I swear things just constantly fly over your head.

    No one is saying your opinion or interpretation is wrong. However, you post your opinions as if that is what actually happened. You can avoid all of this by simply stating that it's your opinion or interpretation and not what was actually said. There is a difference. You can't have people looking at things as if it's fact when it's just how you perceived it. Just make it more clear.
    Reading comprehension isn't your strong point. Read the original post.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,401
    From a coaching standpoint it really didn't make sense to play Peterman. I think it came from ownership.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    40,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Did you listen to the Rex interview?
    Still waiting for an answer to this question.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    9,292
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Reading comprehension isn't your strong point. Read the original post.
    Your original post is not the one in question. The bold never happened and is merely your interpretation. That is how you lose people.

    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    In this situation, you have TV analysts telling everyone their sources claimed Tyrod's benching was from Owner as soon as the decision was made. Then you have McDermott changing his stance on the QB position in less than 24-hours. Now we have Rex and Anthony Lynn claiming the owners made this move and forced McDermott to switch QB's. The only reason this needs to be analyzed is because the fans cant sit back and not hold anyone accountable. This either needs to blow up to get the Pegula's to stay out of game day rosters and starting positions, or blow up to the point McDermott is out of here so we don't have to watch a 2nd years worth of continuous mistakes. So far, this team has won games despite of McDermott and the offensive play calling, not because of it.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    9,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Cleveland's remaining schedule isÖ @LAC, GB, BAL, @CHI, @PIT.
    San Francisco's remaining schedule isÖ @CHI, @HOU, TEN, JAX, @LAR.

    I agree with ChongInc. If there's any talk of the team in the top spot moving out, I'm offering up the two 1sts this year as well as the 2019 1st to get Rosen.
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Agreed. I think the 49ers and Colts will be willing to trade their picks. If the Colts arenít willing to trade and they opt for a QB, Luck may be available.

    This may finally be the year for the Bills to get their guy at the top of the draft.
    Chicago is another potential trade partner, as I would think they would like to recoup some of the assets they traded away for Trubisky.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,401
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Chicago is another potential trade partner, as I would think they would like to recoup some of the assets they traded away for Trubisky.
    That's a solid point.

    Please dear God don't let us end up with Eli or someone like that next season.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •