Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    The Bills drafting a QB in the first round is pretty much everyone's prediction, on this forum, plus other Bills Mafia forums.

My Prediction is, the 5-teams, that pick 1-5 in the 2018 draft, will be teams that need a QB, therefore they will not deal away the pick. So my prediction is we will not trade up. But as we have seen in the past, people fall in the draft all the time, so someone dropping to where we pick is possible.

The one question everyone needs to ask themselves is this; Who are better QB's. The QB's coming out this year, or Pat Mahomes from last years draft???

If Mahomes is viewed as a better future QB, than the class of 2018, I doubt we trade our 2 first round picks to get a QB, who is of lesser talent, than the QB we could have just drafted last year at #10.

Cleveland will have the first pick in the draft. No way they trade that pick and they will select Rosen. So is Mahomes better than the rest?
    The whole argument for not picking a QB last year was because this class was thought to be better and a really good class. It was debated whether or not guys like Mahomes and Watson were going to be first round picks, where it looks like, as of now, at least four (Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield) will be first round picks, with Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph in the first round discussion as well. Regardless, we can't keep saying every year that the QBs aren't good enough and then just watch other teams benefit from rolling the dice despite popular opinion.

No. No more wait until next year. That's how we got EJ Manuel a year after Russell Wilson and Kirk Cousins came through. This is the strongest QB draft since 2012 and a considerably better one than last year. We have four picks in the top two rounds. If we pass on a chance to trade up and get our guy this year… we're stupid!

1934 • 1938 • 1961 • 2010 • 2013 • 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    No. No more wait until next year. That's how we got EJ Manuel a year after Russell Wilson and Kirk Cousins came through. This is the strongest QB draft since 2012 and a considerably better one than last year. We have four picks in the top two rounds. If we pass on a chance to trade up and get our guy this year… we're stupid!
    100% agree

So leave out Rosen, because like I said, no way Cleveland passes him up.

Is Mahomes and Watson better than the list of these prospects coming out.

Lamar Jackson, Louisville.
    Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma.
    Sam Darnold, USC.
    Josh Allen, Wyoming.
    Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State.
    Riley Ferguson, Memphis.
    Luke Falk, Washington State

Are any of these guys that much better and worth trading two picks for, rather than just selecting Mahomes or Watson with one pick last year?

Now one will fall to our spot and that's fine. But for trading 2 picks to get into the top 5, one of these QB's will be our pick, are these kids that much better than Mahomes and Watson, that it was worth taking a pass on them, in order to get trade bait for one of these guys next year?

And before people jump on the Mayfield bandwagon, his attitude on the field, is a clear example of the players McDermott is avoiding drafting. Grabbing his crotch, taunting players and fans multiple times throughout the year, I'm not sure McDermott and Bean drafts this kid even if they have the chance. Plus, you have to consider his division when looking into his stats. There are a lot of non believers in him. Every team in that conference puts up 50 points a game.
    Last edited by sabres11; 12-15-2017 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    The whole argument for not picking a QB last year was because this class was thought to be better and a really good class. It was debated whether or not guys like Mahomes and Watson were going to be first round picks, where it looks like, as of now, at least four (Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield) will be first round picks, with Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph in the first round discussion as well. Regardless, we can't keep saying every year that the QBs aren't good enough and then just watch other teams benefit from rolling the dice despite popular opinion.

I am not making the argument that these guys are good enough or not good enough. I am just playing Devils advocate here by reminding you all, that this staff was never sold on Tyrod Taylor ever. Even though they weren't sold on him, McDermott passed selecting good QB prospects already, with Mahomes & Watson.

Then the Bills drafted Peterman. The coaching staff absolutely loved what they saw in him during practices and they risked our entire season by playing him and benching Tyrod.

Now does that sound like a coach and GM that is going to trade 2 first round picks this year for a QB? Or does it sound like they will probably continue to roll the dice with Peterman, and then only draft a prospect, if that prospect drops to our regular selection? None of you guys want to realize, that if this team trades away 2 picks for the QB of the future, then they will be humiliated even more for selecting Peterman last year, then by misjudging his talent and having him ruin our season. I just don't see them giving up on Peterman. As much as some of us view him as a backup, McDermott made it clear in LA, they view him as a starter with the potential to win us a lot of games.
    Last edited by sabres11; 12-15-2017 at 11:08 AM.

I am not making the argument that these guys are good enough or not good enough. I am just playing Devils advocate here by reminding you all, that this staff was never sold on Tyrod Taylor ever. Even though they weren't sold on him, McDermott passed selecting good QB prospects already, with Mahomes & Watson.

Then the Bills drafted Peterman. The coaching staff absolutely loved what they saw in him during practices and they risked our entire season by playing him and benching Tyrod.

Now does that sound like a coach and GM that is going to trade 2 first round picks this year for a QB? Or does it sound like they will probably continue to roll the dice with Peterman, and then only draft a prospect, if that prospect drops to our regular selection? None of you guys want to realize, that if this team trades away 2 picks for the QB of the future, then they will be humiliated even more for selecting Peterman last year, then by misjudging his talent and having him ruin our season. I just don't see them giving up on Peterman. As much as some of us view him as a backup, McDermott made it clear in LA, they view him as a starter with the potential to win us a lot of games.
    Personally, I was high on Watson so I would've taken him over Allen and Mayfield, but after Rosen and Darnold. That's just my personal opinion though.

As far as what the "experts" think -- neither Watson or Mahomes had universal first round grades. A lot of people felt they should've been second round picks or at best late first round picks, especially Mahomes. This year, Rosen, Darnold, Allen, and Mayfield all have just about unanimous first round grades, with Jackson and Rudolph being in a similar boat to Watson and Mahomes last year. The others you named haven't been in the first round discussion, at least to this point.

Kiper is just one guy and I'm just using him because he just released his big board this morning, but last year he didn't have Watson or Mahomes in his top 32 prospects and had Trubisky in the late 20's. This year he has Rosen, Darnold, Allen, and Mayfield as top 13 players overall, with Rosen being the first QB at number four overall and Mayfield being the last at 13 overall.

Does that give you a better understanding of how last year and this year compares? As we all know, the QB position is so hard to project when it comes to NFL success, but at least people are high on this class.

It's worth repeating that this QB draft is substantially better than last year's. Beane wasn't a part of last year's draft, either.

Peterman was the 171st pick in the draft. Moving on from him isn't humiliating in the least. They liked Peterman at that point and took him. He played this year, most likely, with the purpose of evaluating him. The Bills are by no means committed to him or humiliating themselves by drafting a QB with considerably more talent whom a team can be built around. Your take here doesn't make any sense at all.

1934 • 1938 • 1961 • 2010 • 2013 • 2015

Not humiliated in drafting him. They will be a laughing stock to move on from him, after starting him over Tyrod when the team had a hold on the playoffs.

Think about how this could look for McDermott. There he was in the 2017draft. It’s obvious the organization was never sold on Tyrod, therefore he trades our opportunity of selecting a QB in 2017. Then drafts Peterman in the later rounds and then McDermott absolutely gushes about him all season long. They then bench Tyrod with a 6-5 record for Peterman, who then has the worse NFL start in the history of the NFL. We then most likely miss the playoffs by that one game. Then the next year they are expected to trade two picks for a QB and pretty much tell the nfl world that the guy they felt was good enough to start over Tyrod in LA, isn’t good enough to move forward with the following season.

They will look like even more of a joke that he is already.

Not humiliated in drafting him. They will be a laughing stock to move on from him, after starting him over Tyrod when the team had a hold on the playoffs.

Think about how this could look for McDermott. There he was in the 2017draft. It’s obvious the organization was never sold on Tyrod, therefore he trades our opportunity of selecting a QB in 2017. Then drafts Peterman in the later rounds and then McDermott absolutely gushes about him all season long. They then bench Tyrod with a 6-5 record for Peterman, who then has the worse NFL start in the history of the NFL. We then most likely miss the playoffs by that one game. Then the next year they are expected to trade two picks for a QB and pretty much tell the nfl world that the guy they felt was good enough to start over Tyrod in LA, isn’t good enough to move forward with the following season.

They will look like even more of a joke that he is already.
    Still doesn't make sense. The move to bench Tyrod for Peterman has nothing to do with whether or not they'll be humiliated for drafting another QB. That's what they were supposed to do so they can evaluate him. The timing of the move is the only joke, not the move itself.

Your still under the mindset that they drafted him, but didn’t care or think much about Peterman either way. That their mindset was always on the 2018 draft.

I just don’t agree with that mind set. I think McDermott loved Peterman more than Mahomes and Watson and he thinks he got an nfl stud in the draft. Thinking Peterman is an absolute stud is the reason he benched Tyrod and that is why he will be our QB next year with no trades in the 2018 draft, to select his replacement.

Now We will just wait until the draft and see who’s wrong. I say the only way we draft a QB is if someone falls to our pick. No way we deal away our picks with the huge team needs on both sides of the ball. Everyone else thinks there will be a trade. We shall see.

Yeah dude the only humiliating thing would be relying on Peterman to lead the team next season and passing on better QB's.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345