Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    That's a solid point.

Please dear God don't let us end up with Eli or someone like that next season.
    Luck is the only vet Iíd roll the dice on if Indy decided to draft another QB. It would be extremely similar to the Brees/Rivers situation in San Diego. We saw how that worked out for the Saints.

Buffalo Bills: QB Sam Darnold, USC
    19 OF 32

With two first-round selections thanks to the 2017 draft-day trade with the Kansas City Chiefs, the Buffalo Bills are perfectly positioned to move up and select a quarterback. And they would have to, based on the most recent draft order that has them selecting No. 16 and No. 19 overall.

All the way back in August, I started hearing from rival scouts that folks in Buffalo loved Sam Darnold. When rumors circulated that Darnold wouldn't want to go to Cleveland (which he squashed), a source connected to the Bills front office texted me to ask if the USC passer would rebuff the Bills.

Darnold won't be on the board for longóin fact he might be the first pick, if he declaresóbut there is serious smoke connecting the Bills to him.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...fl-teams-radar

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Luck is the only vet Iíd roll the dice on if Indy decided to draft another QB. It would be extremely similar to the Brees/Rivers situation in San Diego. We saw how that worked out for the Saints.
    Colts would be wise to spend that pick elsewhere imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Colts would be wise to spend that pick elsewhere imo.
    I agree. With the changes the Giants just made, I don't think they're a lock to select a QB in the first round. The new regime may come in and want to make one last run with Eli. Their defense is set and they have good-great receiving options between OBJ, Shepard, and Engram. They are a run game and offensive line away. It wouldn't surprise me if they went that route instead.

The only locks in the bottom 6 to take a QB are Cleveland (they also pick again at 7 as of now) and Denver.
    Last edited by smood999; 12-05-2017 at 04:01 PM.

This draft is Darnold, Rosen or bust for me. With two 1st round picks in a strong QB class, the Bills have to make a move.

1934 ē 1938 ē 1961 ē 2010 ē 2013 ē 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    This draft is Darnold, Rosen or bust for me. With two 1st round picks in a strong QB class, the Bills have to make a move.
    I don't want anything to do with Josh Allen, but I'd be fine with Mayfield in addition to the two you named. Also wouldn't mind if they rolled the dice on Jackson late in the first round. I think he's been pretty underrated due to the lack of talent around him.

First time in a while where more than 2-3 QBs are projected to go in the first round.

As of now, here is the order of their projections in the first round:

Rosen
    Darnold
    Allen
    Mayfield/Jackson (I've seen them interchanged in mocks and rankings)
    Last edited by smood999; 12-05-2017 at 06:27 PM.

I think Darnold is going to be a bust, he seems to really have regresses this year.

Rosen will probably go 1 to Cleveland.

This team is going to look a lot different next year (and probably for the worse). Tyrod, Shady, and maybe even Kelvin Benjamin (if he asks out) will all be gone.

We have too many wins now to easily get the QB we want. And we would now have to sell the farm for someone like Darnold, who I am not sold on. Looks like the next leinert to me.

Who knows, maybe Alex Smith is our next QB.

The offensive play calling seems to be terrible this year, certainly the OL hasn't helped.

That QB Finley out of NC State seemed pretty good, perhaps he is there later in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    I think Darnold is going to be a bust, he seems to really have regresses this year.

Rosen will probably go 1 to Cleveland.

This team is going to look a lot different next year (and probably for the worse). Tyrod, Shady, and maybe even Kelvin Benjamin (if he asks out) will all be gone.

We have too many wins now to easily get the QB we want. And we would now have to sell the farm for someone like Darnold, who I am not sold on. Looks like the next leinert to me.

Who knows, maybe Alex Smith is our next QB.
    Teams donít accumulate 6 picks in the first three rounds for no reason. It seems to me that the plan has been all along to accumulate assets to have the option of moving up in the draft for a QB. Right now they are positioned better than any other team to move up in the first round.

Weíll see if it happens, but the writing has been on the wall judging by their moves, which includes another out from Tyrod after this year.

Just the last few years on here, every projected first round QB hasnít been worth it to us (Bills fans). That includes Winston, Mariota, Wentz, Goff, and Watson. When are we going to learn? Last year it was donít draft Watson, wait for Darnold. Now itís Darnold isnít good enough? We do the same thing every year only to watch another team reap the benefits.
    Last edited by smood999; 12-06-2017 at 01:05 AM.

It doesnít matter how many picks the Bills have in the first three rounds, itís irrelevant. They canít force a team to make a trade. The first five picks in the draft, with the possible lone exception being San Fran, will not trade and will want to pick a QB right where their at. The Bills only hope to trade up, is for San Fran to be completely sold on Gorapollo for the future. Then they have to hope no other teams offer them more, being SanFranwould be the lone dance partner to trade their first pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    The offensive play calling seems to be terrible this year, certainly the OL hasn't helped.
    Agreed 100%. Along with the line, our WRís are slow and canít create any seperation. That is why none of our WRís run past the first down marker on passing downs. There is absolutely no creativity at all.

Look at my post prior to the start of the Patriots game on that thread. I wrote that we have no creative play calling whatsoever and once the game starts, we will finally see a new bag of tricks so now we can finally judge what both Dennison and McDermott bring to the team. Then the game starts and their answer to the Patriots defense is to just run the wildcat for the first time all year, throw shuffle passes to try to keep them off guard and then we see Webb, our 3rd string QB have a roll in the offense. That was it, that was all our coaches could muster up and come up with in a very very very important home game with our playoff hopes on the ropes. Itís pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    It doesnít matter how many picks the Bills have in the first three rounds, itís irrelevant. They canít force a team to make a trade. The first five picks in the draft, with the possible lone exception being San Fran, will not trade and will want to pick a QB right where their at. The Bills only hope to trade up, is for San Fran to be completely sold on Gorapollo for the future. Then they have to hope no other teams offer them more, being SanFranwould be the lone dance partner to trade their first pick.
    The Bills have more to offer than any other team. The 49ers, Colts, and possibly Giants are all potential trade partners and currently would pick 2, 3, and 4. The Bucs, Texans (owned by the Browns), and Bears are all one game behind those guys and would also be open to a trade. After the Browns pick, the Bills just need to get ahead of the Broncos.

The Top 3 picks will probably be Browns, Indi and Giants. Neither of these three teams will trade the opportunity to draft one of the QB's coming out.

Then the 4th and 5th pick in the draft can go either way between Tampa, Washington, Bears, Cinci, Houston and Arizona, broncos and San Fran.

If Picks 4 and 5 go to Wash, Cinci, Broncos, Cards, They will select a QB with that opportunity. I highly doubt they would trade it away. Like I said, are only hope is San Fran, but with Garapolo winning his first two games on the road, he might win a few more and take them out of the top 5.

Then the Bills need to then consider if trading both our 1st rounders would be worth picking the 4th or 5th best QBin the draft. Like I said, I think there is no way Indy, Giants and Browns trade the opportunity for them to draft a QB.

I dont understand why people think colts will move away from Luck. I think theyre still pretty damn committed to him. I think they look at a lot of the losses and determine that they would have won with luck. this last game was a good example of that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast