Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Well Well, Maybe McDermott is not to blame.

According to Rex Ryan, last year, Terry and Kim Pegula called them to their office and told him to bench Tyrod Taylor. He said that when he refused, he was fired. Anthony Lynn pretty much confirmed it as well, by saying the benching wasn't his decision either.

McDermott did go to the podium one day and say Tyrod is his QB, just to go back to the podium less than 24-hours later, to say Peterman will start against LA. Those initial reports of this decision being made by ownership might be true after all. If true, that will take a lot of heat off of McDermott, if we fail to miss the playoffs by one game.

This is and has been my biggest concern regarding the benching.

The Pegula's are fans. They haven't helped the Sabres one bit. Fact is, we won a lot more Sabre games and watched a lot more competitive hockey with the Sabres, under Galisano and John Regus.

With the Bills, Rex saying Kim & Terry told him to bench Tyrod for Cardale is very bad. Now to make them to it with McDermott, while in the playoffs, because they are fans and think Peterman is a better option makes me sick. Rex is a big mouth, but I don't think he is lying. Anthony Lynn had nothing nice to say either. The Galisanos need to change their thought patterns. They are owners, no longer fans. When you have that fan first mindset, your heart will always interfere with your brain on decisions.

Logical fans knew there is no way Peterman can escape this offensive line problems and if that decision failed, his psychy would be screwed forever. Well, look around the league. Peterman and McDermott are now the official laughing stocks of the NFL after throwing all those interceptions. Sad thing is, Pegula's kids are still walking around with Steeler Jerseys on their instagram sites.

On a side note, Peterman failed. Tyrod came in threw for 160 in the half with a TD to beat KC. Crickets on the forum board. I will only site how good Tyrod's 160 yards and his TD first half stat, because they only allowed him to throw 5 passes the 2nd half. You have to throw away his game stats and just give him credit for what he achieved in the first half, when they actually allowed him to play.
    Last edited by sabres11; 11-29-2017 at 02:51 PM.

Last year, it made sense considering the Bills were out of the playoffs. The timing is the only thing that didn't make sense this year.

The bottom line is, someone in the Bills organization thought the Bills had a better chance of winning with Peterman over Tyrod.

So now the question is, was it the coach who thought that, even though less than 24-hours before, he said Tyrod is his QB. Or was it FanBoy Pegula who thought this and made it happen? Early speculation from people on NFL Live claimed their sources told them this came from the owner, but I don't think anyone wanted to believe that. With Rex now saying he is positive the owner made McDermott make this move, could Rex have been the source NFL Live was citing, or is Rex just further proof that the Pegula's intervened.

I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't fully McDermott's call. I never specifically blamed McDermott for benching Tyrod or the turnover of players, but basically the new regime in general. Whether that's on McDermott or someone else, I don't know and it doesn't really matter at the end of the day.

If it's the Pegulas, though, then that would be disappointing. I don't buy that that is what happened two weeks ago.

I do believe that Ryan and Lynn are telling the truth, though.

Also, if McDermott decided to bench Taylor because the Pegulas told him to, then that is weak by McDermott. He isn't going to get fired in that situation, and if he does, then he's not the one is going to look bad anyways.
    Last edited by Driven; 11-30-2017 at 02:14 PM.

It's important to note that Rex brought this up in response to Eli Manning's benching, not Tyrod's. It's a different situation than what Tyrod was in this year. Trey Wingo then tried to press Rex on the Tyrod benching from two weeks ago, and Rex seemed to come off like he doesn't think or know that that is related to the Pegulas.

As much as I didn't like the call, I would hope it came from the coach, instead of a fan boy owner, who truly doesn't know anything about running teams yet. But I am having a hard time believing that it was McDermott, just because he went to the podium a day earlier saying Tyrod is his guy. Putting Peterman in wouldn't have been something he just thought of in a few minutes. It is something that would have been eaten away at his mind for weeks. Therefore, if it was on his mind for a while, he would have never said Tyrod is his guy, knowing he is that close to making a change. So therefore, as much as we hate this, I think the evidence points to the owners making that move.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    As much as I didn't like the call, I would hope it came from the coach, instead of a fan boy owner, who truly doesn't know anything about running teams yet. But I am having a hard time believing that it was McDermott, just because he went to the podium a day earlier saying Tyrod is his guy. Putting Peterman in wouldn't have been something he just thought of in a few minutes. It is something that would have been eaten away at his mind for weeks. Therefore, if it was on his mind for a while, he would have never said Tyrod is his guy, knowing he is that close to making a change. So therefore, as much as we hate this, I think the evidence points to the owners making that move.
    McDermott always talks like that. He doesn't know any other way to talk to the media. It's not his strong suit. I think you are over analyzing this.

The fact that Ryan didn't bring this up in reference to McDermott to me shows that this is a non-issue at this point. It can't really constitute as evidence.

I had previously been of the belief that the Bills had plans to move up in the draft and snag Rosen, but the Giants may be fudging up that plan by making it clear that Eli won't be back next season. They'll likely finish 3rd. So the Bills will have to find a way to deal with the Browns, 49ers, Giants, and Broncos ahead of them, three of which need a QB in a strong draft class.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

In this situation, you have TV analysts telling everyone their sources claimed Tyrod's benching was from Owner as soon as the decision was made. Then you have McDermott changing his stance on the QB position in less than 24-hours. Now we have Rex and Anthony Lynn claiming the owners made this move and forced McDermott to switch QB's. The only reason this needs to be analyzed is because the fans cant sit back and not hold anyone accountable. This either needs to blow up to get the Pegula's to stay out of game day rosters and starting positions, or blow up to the point McDermott is out of here so we don't have to watch a 2nd years worth of continuous mistakes. So far, this team has won games despite of McDermott and the offensive play calling, not because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I had previously been of the belief that the Bills had plans to move up in the draft and snag Rosen, but the Giants may be fudging up that plan by making it clear that Eli won't be back next season. They'll likely finish 3rd. So the Bills will have to find a way to deal with the Browns, 49ers, Giants, and Broncos ahead of them, three of which need a QB in a strong draft class.
    The 49ers are the key.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    In this situation, you have TV analysts telling everyone their sources claimed Tyrod's benching was from Owner as soon as the decision was made. Then you have McDermott changing his stance on the QB position in less than 24-hours. Now we have Rex and Anthony Lynn claiming the owners made this move and forced McDermott to switch QB's. The only reason this needs to be analyzed is because the fans cant sit back and not hold anyone accountable. This either needs to blow up to get the Pegula's to stay out of game day rosters and starting positions, or blow up to the point McDermott is out of here so we don't have to watch a 2nd years worth of continuous mistakes. So far, this team has won games despite of McDermott and the offensive play calling, not because of it.
    Did you listen to the Rex interview? Because he did not say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    If the Browns draft another QB in the first round I will be stunned. And I'll laugh. And I'll make fun of my friend who is a Browns fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    If the Browns draft another QB in the first round I will be stunned. And I'll laugh. And I'll make fun of my friend who is a Browns fan.
    I honestly don't see how they can't. Manziel was the last QB they drafted in the 1st round and that's already going on four years ago. He came with way too many concerns and was a stupid pick. Weeden was in 2012 and because of his age was another incredibly stupid pick for a team that needed to build around a QB. Consider where the Browns could have been if they had been bold enough to draft Wilson there. You'd have to go back to 2007 for the next one when they drafted Brady Quinn. They've managed to botch the 1st round QB every single time they've attempted to. They'll end up with the 1st overall choice in a draft where Rosen should be the consensus top pick as far as QBs go. Goff is finally looking good and Wentz is challenging for the MVP this year. Seems pretty obvious what a dumpster fire franchise like Cleveland should do with that pick if they ever want to change the course.
    Last edited by Jack the Ripper; 11-30-2017 at 05:36 PM.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast