Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Week 13: Minnesota Vikings vs Atlanta Falcons 12/3/17 1:00 PM ET

Week Thirteen

VS

Sunday, December 3 at 1:00 PM ET on FOX

This is going to be a tough one. A couple weeks ago this game didn't scare me but the Falcons have really turned it on lately.

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

I dont see us winning this one, but i thought the same thing the last couple of weeks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    I dont see us winning this one, but i thought the same thing the last couple of weeks.

I was pretty confident the last 2 weeks but this one I think we might lose. If we were at home I would say we could win and potentially by more than a score. Our defense does not play as well on the road. If we do lose, I hope the Eagles and Saints/Rams do as well.

Here are some numbers for you...
    Away games: 26 ppg and we give up 22.4
    Home games: 23.5 ppg and we give up 13

We have scored 30+ in the last 3 road games. This has all the makings of a shootout!

ATL Stats
    Home games: 25.8 ppg and give up 18.6
    Away games: 22.6 ppg and give up 22.8

When you look at overall stats we are pretty much in line with one another, we are a little better on defense and give up 3 less ppg. Offense we are essentially identical, rank is 5th and 6th (holy **** just realized we are 5th in total offense!!). We score 24.6 and ATL is 24.1.

3rd down % is key to our success. Well ATL is #1 and we are #2.
    ATL is converting 48.1% and we are 45.6%

Our defense is #1 in 3rd down %
    We are allowing 28.5% and ATL is 39.1%

This is pretty crazy because the more and more in depth stats I look at the more that we are pretty much the same team. For instance our defenses each have 30 sacks on the season and we have only given up 12 sacks and they have given up 16.

The thing that worries me about this game is the Falcons ability to run the ball and their use of 2 tight end sets. The Colts tore us a new one last year when they were able to keep us in our base defense. The Falcons have the ability to do that. Plus their D is super fast and playing at a high level. Trufant vs Diggs will be a good match up too.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    The thing that worries me about this game is the Falcons ability to run the ball and their use of 2 tight end sets. The Colts tore us a new one last year when they were able to keep us in our base defense. The Falcons have the ability to do that. Plus their D is super fast and playing at a high level. Trufant vs Diggs will be a good match up too.
    My hope is that we can wear on that defense a lot like we did against the Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure that they would stick Trufant on Diggs. Thielen is balling and I think we are going to see more coverages shift towards him. Although we do have the best duo in the league so maybe they play sides instead of shadowing?

Julio is questionable

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Julio is questionable

???? its the first practice of the week. I'm guessing you meant he was limited today in practice?

Week 13: Minnesota Vikings vs Atlanta Falcons 12/3/17 1:00 PM ET

The next two games are gonna be really tough playing away against teams in the playoff race (that need to win to keep up). I do feel like we should beat Carolina so this game scares me just a little more.

I think its going to be a tough game but come on these guys are very beatable!!! My bold prediction is either Barr or Kendricks gets a pick 6 and we never look back. These guys are too good to not have any splash plays this year. Iíll even take a sack fumble that goes back for a TD. If we can get ahead early we will win. The falcons have shown time and time again that they will abandom the run too soon. Make em one dimensional and this should be smooth sailing!!!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast