Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 55 of 55
  1. #46
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    I'm not all aboard the Jimmy train.... Yet. My desire for cousins is because he's proven, as you mentioned. I would rather pay cousins 30 a year than an unproven Jimmy for 25. A lot of folks around here made it seem cousins is too old, which I still don't agree with. Anyway, Jimmy had a great game yesterday. I would have liked to have seen a touchdown, but have nothing but great things to say for the most part between the 20s. ****, even Taylor is trying to make me eat crow right now. If Taylor keeps playing like he did yesterday, I'll be more than happy to eat crow for him also.

    Very pleased with yesterday's game, but I'm trying to keep it in perspective also. Was yesterday a glimpse into the future? Or was it the exception and not the rule? I'm already excited for next week lol.
    I think it was a glimpse of the future but a great future comes with some stipulations. We need a #1 WR, maybe a TE that can catch (Kittle may be able to fix his drops) and better blocking inside. We need a vet center and a gaurd.

    1. WR
    2. Center
    3. Gaurd
    (maybe RB & TE)

    On defense


    1. Edge Rusher
    2. Cornerback
    3. Linebacker
    (maybe two DB's)


    RB and TE could be an issue in 2018 but if we keep Hyde he may do better with a better o-line. Can draft another RB in the third or go crazy and get Barkley with our first pick. Then go WR and o-line the next two rounds. As far as getting Garoppolo going, weapons and blocking are the obvious needs. I'd focus most of my attention on the offense early in the draft/free agency then go after defensive needs early in 2019. This rebuild will depend on getting great production from our QB so that should be priority #1.

    Goodwin has surprised me. I knew Taylor would do well getting open and catching passes. Our fan base has been way too hard on Taylor after a couple bad calls, drops and that "int" vs Seattle. Watching his college tape after we drafted him I saw a quick slot guy that consistently got open for his QB. Just about every complete pass to Taylor (in college) he had 2-3 yards separation. Many times 5-10 yards. lol

    In the NFL he won't be able to do that with the same frequency so he'll have to put on a little size and fight for the ball on some passes. Defenders are also targeting him with huge hits in an attempt to get turnovers. Taylor has a target over his head because of his size.

    Goodwin's drops have been less frequent and he really stepped up with Garcon out. He and Taylor are earning a long term role.

    On offense I feel like we're in the same position as the 2016 Rams heading into the 2017 draft. We just need to address the o-line and WR's. The Rams needed more WR's though. I can see our offense looking much like the Rams 2017 offense next year. Maybe better if we land a large #1WR and vet center. I'm very pleased with our situation heading into 2018 but this next draft/free agency is very important.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    26,972
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    I'm not all aboard the Jimmy train.... Yet. My desire for cousins is because he's proven, as you mentioned. I would rather pay cousins 30 a year than an unproven Jimmy for 25. A lot of folks around here made it seem cousins is too old, which I still don't agree with. Anyway, Jimmy had a great game yesterday. I would have liked to have seen a touchdown, but have nothing but great things to say for the most part between the 20s. ****, even Taylor is trying to make me eat crow right now. If Taylor keeps playing like he did yesterday, I'll be more than happy to eat crow for him also.

    Very pleased with yesterday's game, but I'm trying to keep it in perspective also. Was yesterday a glimpse into the future? Or was it the exception and not the rule? I'm already excited for next week lol.
    It's not so much that people think he's "old" its that if we're going to acquire a franchise QB, we should try to get as many years out of them as possible. It's splitting hairs over a few years, but years in a QBs prime are incredibly valuable.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,795
    Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    Agreed, JG had an excellent start with his performance and not only made the players around better by also making them accountable!

    It's what leaders do...
    Looks like you aren't taking Hamburger up on his offer, right? I guess that just demonstrates that you are full of it once again.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    hoosierland
    Posts
    8,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    Agreed, JG had an excellent start with his performance and not only made the players around better by also making them accountable!

    It's what leaders do...
    Looks like you aren't taking Hamburger up on his offer, right? I guess that just demonstrates that you are full of it once again.
    So you responded to my congratulating JG reply on his performance by saying I am full of it....got it


    Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

  5. #50
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,795
    Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    So you responded to my congratulating JG reply on his performance by saying I am full of it....got it
    I responded to your first post since you accused Hamburger of posting something that he didn't post and him calling you out on it and offering you $500 if you could demonstrate it by showing us the post.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,893
    I'd honestly be fine with either Cousins or Garoppolo. I was just hoping for them to find their franchise QB and move on from that position and focus on other needs. I dunno if Garoppolo is going to be better than Cousins, because Cousins is pretty darn good, but I'm extremely happy he's here. Its hard to not root for the guy at this point, because what else do we have? Sure, they beat a bad Bears team, but that defense is legitimately an average defense in the league (14th). They have looked worse against worse defenses while at Levi's, so lets give Jimmy G. some credit.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,464
    Since I don't watch the games live, I just got a chance to see "most" of what Jimmy did. He seems to be what I hoped for so far. Functionally mobile, smart, accurate, composed...pretty much an NFL QB. I think signing him to close to a $25M annually number now is a good idea. Having him signed will make SF a more attractive FA destination and not signing him will do the opposite.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,795
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Since I don't watch the games live, I just got a chance to see "most" of what Jimmy did. He seems to be what I hoped for so far. Functionally mobile, smart, accurate, composed...pretty much an NFL QB. I think signing him to close to a $25M annually number now is a good idea. Having him signed will make SF a more attractive FA destination and not signing him will do the opposite.
    I agree with most of this...except I think they might be able to get him for a little less than $25 million now. I think that a $20 million per year deal is reasonable since he hasn't played a lot of football yet. I think that the franchise tag number is going to be around $25 mil, so hopefully they can spin it saying that he'll get a little less than the franchise contract, but it will be a long-term deal and have guaranteed money.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I agree with most of this...except I think they might be able to get him for a little less than $25 million now. I think that a $20 million per year deal is reasonable since he hasn't played a lot of football yet. I think that the franchise tag number is going to be around $25 mil, so hopefully they can spin it saying that he'll get a little less than the franchise contract, but it will be a long-term deal and have guaranteed money.
    I hope we can sign him for $20 mil a year. lol

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    26,972
    Probably be alittle more than 20, but less than 25.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •