Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I think those few games will tell us a lot about his future.

If he's making the correct throws, looking off defenders, anticipating the pass rush, leading his receivers. Those are all things you HAVE to look at and if he's not doing those, then that is a huge red flag. Qb instincts need to be taken out of these starts from him.
    I think he did all of that in just a minute of playing against the Seahawks, but would definitely like to see it through a couple of games. But with a quick pressure, I saw him do something that Beathard wasn't able to do in 6.5 games. In a minute, he has 1/4 of the TD passes that Beathard has had in those games. I sense great things from Garoppolo. At least I'm hoping for it. I haven't been this excited about a 49er QB since Steve Young.
    Lol I was way more excited when Kap took over for the first time and I'm sure many here did too but will deny it now. Jimmy with that Clark Kent persona doesn't excite anyone when compare to a great QB like Steve Young

If Belichick think he has a chance to be the next Brady, he would not have traded him for a 2nd round. He even said they are getting a good QB, not a great one that he knew he had in Brady.

Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    I don't think you can accurately tell with 5 games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I think you can. You could tell what Kap couldn't do, which was a lot. He just was able to mask his inability with his athletic ability. Jimmy doesn't really have a crutch that he can just fall back on. You can tell if he looks off defenders or if he stares them down. Ability to avoid pressure, get the ball out quick. Ability to read the defense. You can tell these things in these 5 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

I think you can. You could tell what Kap couldn't do, which was a lot. He just was able to mask his inability with his athletic ability. Jimmy doesn't really have a crutch that he can just fall back on. You can tell if he looks off defenders or if he stares them down. Ability to avoid pressure, get the ball out quick. Ability to read the defense. You can tell these things in these 5 games.
    Jimmy Garoppolo will be in the opposite position as Kaepernick. Kaepernick looked better than he actually was due to the strength of the team around him. SF had one of the better offensive lines in the NFL and better pass catchers than SF has now. Jimmy Garoppolo is going out there with one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL and Pierre Garcon out for the season. If he plays well, fantastic. If he doesn't, I don't think it will be fair to say that it's his fault. Next year will be the year that we judge him. Although, in a sense you are right, we should be able to see some traits of a successful NFL QB this year.

Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    Lol I was way more excited when Kap took over for the first time and I'm sure many here did too but will deny it now. Jimmy with that Clark Kent persona doesn't excite anyone when compare to a great QB like Steve Young

If Belichick think he has a chance to be the next Brady, he would not have traded him for a 2nd round. He even said they are getting a good QB, not a great one that he knew he had in Brady.
    Sorry but lots of people are excited about seeing Jimmy play at this point.

The Brady thing has been covered ad naseum. They could not keep him, if they didn't trade him they'd have gotten nothing for him but a comp pick later on down the road. Brady is still playing at an elite level.

Taking anything Belichick says as truth is ignorance. Guy lies like it's breathing.

I think those few games will tell us a lot about his future.

If he's making the correct throws, looking off defenders, anticipating the pass rush, leading his receivers. Those are all things you HAVE to look at and if he's not doing those, then that is a huge red flag. Qb instincts need to be taken out of these starts from him.
    Ya but he hasn't had much time with the playbook so even if we throw the end result stats aside and just look for him to make the right decisions (kinda what Shanahan did to evaluate CJ in college) it wont tell us much because of the short amount of time with the playbook and #1's.

There's no chemistry yet and the WR's are bad. So is the blocking. A month with the playbook, crappy WR's and poor blocking- there's really not much we're going to learn unless we're looking for a QB that can (extremely) elevate the play of everyone around him. I'm not going to place those kind of expectations on Garoppolo this year.

I'll judge him in 2018 after he has time with the playbook and we get a better team around him. A gaurd, center and a true #1 opposite a healthy Garcon. If those conditions are met I'm going to place high expectations on Garoppolo.

I saw CK's limitations become undeniable in 2013. Pointing it out that early made a lot of people angry. People didn't want to accept it. I would purely focus on his pocket game (no insults) and it would piss people off to no end. There's still people that insist he's a good passer.

Anyway, if we compare JG and CK's college tape and general skill sets in the pocket the two QB's are just about polar opposites. This is one reason I was happy with Shanahan at HC. I knew he'd move on from rushing QB's and do everything within his power to bring a pocket passer in here. (Thank god)

I've been waiting for us to get back to a true 49er WCO for years. If we didn't get Garoppolo I wanted Rosen, Cousins or Brees (as a bridge). Garoppolo should work out. Tbere's always a chance he doesn't but I feel like Lynch/Shanahan have done a great job addressing the QB position with Garoppolo and Beathard.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger View Post
    I saw CK's limitations become undeniable in 2013. Pointing it out that early made a lot of people angry. People didn't want to accept it. I would purely focus on his pocket game (no insults) and it would piss people off to no end. There's still people that insist he's a good passer.

Anyway, if we compare JG and CK's college tape and general skill sets in the pocket the two QB's are just about polar opposites. This is one reason I was happy with Shanahan at HC. I knew he'd move on from rushing QB's and do everything within his power to bring a pocket passer in here. (Thank god)

I've been waiting for us to get back to a true 49er WCO for years. If we didn't get Garoppolo I wanted Rosen, Cousins or Brees (as a bridge). Garoppolo should work out. Tbere's always a chance he doesn't but I feel like Lynch/Shanahan have done a great job addressing the QB position with Garoppolo and Beathard.
    People will never accept that Gabby is better which you have attempt to impose by constantly wanting Harbaugh to replace CK with during the season. Everyone knows Kap can eat Gabby alive on a good team. Gabby could NEVER TAKE TEAM TO A SB LIKE CK HAD DONE!

Peace

Please god, make it stop. I think I'll go back to not posting here. Have fun with that edush.

Please god, make it stop. I think I'll go back to not posting here. Have fun with that edush.
    You not posting here won't get rid of eDouche.

Just put him on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Just put him on ignore.
    He doesn't know how to like he doesn't know how Kap is better than Gabby but it's true

And he wonders why I don't scold other posters.

And he wonders why I don't scold other posters.
    He called me the F word when I supported Kap last season and you did nothing. You're like an absentee mod that will not unforced order

He called me the F word when I supported Kap last season and you did nothing. You're like an absentee mod that will not unforced order
    Link me to where, and if you did nothing to instigate that, you might have a case. Given your track record as of late, I'm going to guess it wasn't without good reason until proven otherwise.

Link me to where, and if you did nothing to instigate that, you might have a case. Given your track record as of late, I'm going to guess it wasn't without good reason until proven otherwise.
    Like am gonna spend my time trying to find it lol and it shouldn't matter who instigated it...he used the F word and the entire post was in CAPS if it hasn't been deleted already. He needs anger management perhaps

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast