Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Jimmy Garoppolo to Start Week 13

So the news has come out that Shanahan will indeed be starting Garoppolo against the Bears. What do you guys think? You guys agree with the decision?

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    So the news has come out that Shanahan will indeed be starting Garoppolo against the Bears. What do you guys think? You guys agree with the decision?
    Sounded like Beathard wasn't going to be able to practice in full, so yes lol. First start in his hometown, I was there for work this time last year, let's call it fate.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Sounded like Beathard wasn't going to be able to practice in full, so yes lol. First start in his hometown, I was there for work this time last year, let's call it fate.
    Sounds like Trent Brown will be back, so this is about as good as the offensive line is going to get this year. Jimmy gets rid of the ball a lot faster than Beathard too, so that should help minimize some of the beating that he'll take.

It will be relatively windy Sunday in Chicago and that should play to Garoppolo's advantage since he's been throwing in those conditions since high school to college and even in New England. This is an exciting time. I don't think once this season have I actually looked forward to a game except for week 1 which turned out to be a dud.

More upset each day that I have to work

I'm looking forward!... I hope the Niners lose ( with some dignity of course), but I hope the stats goes up!

Beathard was hurt so he didn't have much of a choice. I'd be fine if they went back to Beathard after this week. I'd rather Garoppolo be healthy. It doesn't matter how Garoppolo plays in a handful of games. It's going to be a small sample size that will tell us nothing about his future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

I think those few games will tell us a lot about his future.

If he's making the correct throws, looking off defenders, anticipating the pass rush, leading his receivers. Those are all things you HAVE to look at and if he's not doing those, then that is a huge red flag. Qb instincts need to be taken out of these starts from him.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post

If he's making the correct throws, looking off defenders, anticipating the pass rush, leading his receivers. Those are all things you HAVE to look at and if he's not doing those, then that is a huge red flag. Qb instincts need to be taken out of these starts from him.
    I think he did all of that in just a minute of playing against the Seahawks, but would definitely like to see it through a couple of games. But with a quick pressure, I saw him do something that Beathard wasn't able to do in 6.5 games. In a minute, he has 1/4 of the TD passes that Beathard has had in those games. I sense great things from Garoppolo. At least I'm hoping for it. I haven't been this excited about a 49er QB since Steve Young.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Having said that, I really hope we have our qb of the future... we've been through so many QB's since Garcia, that I have to fully expect more of the same from Jimmy.

Kaepernick looked like a world beater for a year. Alex Smith looked like an MVP for the first 5 games this year. These games won't tell us anything.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Kaepernick looked like a world beater for a year. Alex Smith looked like an MVP for the first 5 games this year. These games won't tell us anything.

I'm not entirely disagreeing with this, but I do think any game action he gets will help Jimmy going into next season. He only has 1 2/3 games under his belt in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Christmas View Post
    I'm not entirely disagreeing with this, but I do think any game action he gets will help Jimmy going into next season. He only has 1 2/3 games under his belt in his career.
    It'll help Jimmy, but it doesn't do a ton for anyone else. Still a small sample size. Probably still gets tagged.

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post

Not to toot my own horn, but I didnít think Kap was the real deal at all. He was a gimmick. Thatís completely different than being able to tell if a Qb has yh ability to be an NFL Qb
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Not to toot my own horn, but I didnít think Kap was the real deal at all. He was a gimmick. Thatís completely different than being able to tell if a Qb has yh ability to be an NFL Qb
    I don't think you can accurately tell with 5 games.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast