Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My God!!!

look at the stat on the screen right now.

Wolves are +80 in the first 3 quarters during the final 3 minutes of quarters...

they are -44 in the same category in the 4th.

Wonder what stubborn Thibs thinks the problem is.

so dumb.

Something that's becoming scarily clear, is that with Thibs having a 7 or 8 man rotation and playing his starters 40 minutes a night, even one minor injury has massive ramifications on this team.

Going to Wiggins for the winner, who had not had a jump shot since the first quarter, is absolute Timberwolves Basketball 101, too.

Losing to a Wizards team, at home, without John Wall and with Beal not breaking double digits is downright embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    Something that's becoming scarily clear, is that with Thibs having a 7 or 8 man rotation and playing his starters 40 minutes a night, even one minor injury has massive ramifications on this team.

Going to Wiggins for the winner, who had not had a jump shot since the first quarter, is absolute Timberwolves Basketball 101, too.

Losing to a Wizards team, at home, without John Wall and with Beal not breaking double digits is downright embarrassing.
    He got run out of Chicago for exactly what is going on with the Wolves right now. You would think he would learn a lesson.

Problem is, we got to ride him out. He blew the rebuild up, and now we are in win now mode. Get rid of Thibs, and Butler will lose his mind.

Sure is fun watching Dunn put some good games together, as well as the guy Thibs alluded to who he would have drafted, had he not traded for Butt (Donovan Mitchell)...gonna be great to see what Lavine does when he gets back.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    He got run out of Chicago for exactly what is going on with the Wolves right now. You would think he would learn a lesson.

Problem is, we got to ride him out. He blew the rebuild up, and now we are in win now mode. Get rid of Thibs, and Butler will lose his mind.

Sure is fun watching Dunn put some good games together, as well as the guy Thibs alluded to who he would have drafted, had he not traded for Butt (Donovan Mitchell)...gonna be great to see what Lavine does when he gets back.
    Not really an issue my friend since two of our best producers are die hard thibs defenders. I donít see why we get rid of our inside game every single game when it gets to crunch time. Towns fights so hard to get great positioning in the post only to hear thins scream for a clear out pick and roll which effectively makes his efforts wasted.

awful coaching at the end of this game. awful coaching.

This team is so hard to watch in 4th quarters. We controlled that entire game only to lose right at the end. Without John Wall. Wiggins had the space to drive at the end, instead he pulls up for a jump shot. Gets the ball back and jump shot fired away again. Towns step back into a defender? WOW! so dumb.

Towns was getting hit and fouled so much this game without the calls. Annoying he moans so much, but he is getting hit constantly.

Yeah, obviously heís here for the long term. Just so annoying that every time we lose, itís the same way, we donít learn from our mistakes.

How many more years does thibs left on his contract? I don't know why we decide to hire him in the first place. In my book, fired doesn't mean made by accident nor is it someone that need to be bring back into the same position. Even now, riding him out seems really bad to me. We still got some of the talent players that flip left behind. I do feel Towns want out, but he's still here for one reason and that is keeping his promise to flip, get this team to the playoff. Wiggins' delay contract sign at the start of this season, Bazz's poor plays...alot of them have to do with thibs. It's better to get rid of him sooner then later. I don't mind if butt lose his mind. I would even trade him for Rubio, heck...even throw in Thibs as a bonus. LOL

I get that Thib's plays our starters too much (Wiggins and Butler are both top 7 in the league in mpg), but it's no excuse. The real problem is that late in games, it becomes as close to a playoff atmosphere as it can. Each possession, teams lock in. Our offense, is so painfully predictable. All we ****ing do is bring it up, and give it to Butler on top, and let him go 1-5. Guys stand around, there is no movement, it's ridiculous. Thib's doesn't run a single play, he just does the same ****, over and over again. It's like watching a coach from the 90's, when all they did was attack what they perceived as matchup advantages. Except, in today's game, isolation is the kiss of death because defenses don't have the same rules as back then, where a clear 1-1 advantage was going to typically create a good shot. If you watch, teams just load up the side of the floor with Butler, or Wiggins, or Towns (whomever is taking turns this time around going 1 on 5), and we don't have shooters to make teams pay on the weakside.

It's like groundhog day watching this team right now. We have to be the easiest team to scout in the league.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Yeah, obviously heís here for the long term. Just so annoying that every time we lose, itís the same way, we donít learn from our mistakes.
    it's the EXACT same way!

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

from Thib's:

"When you're short-handed and we're down two rotation players, we can't underestimate how hard we have to play the whole time to get that win," coach Tom Thibodeau said. "And if you get a lead you have to play tough with the lead. You can't play a loose game."
    all this guy ever does it talk about playing "hard". Um, playing smart is far more important. If you can't construct a modern day offense, then you are useless on that side of the floor. We can't continue to keep doing this. One of the reasons our guys are so tired, is the minutes they do play, are all a total grind. Do you think playing 30 minutes for GS will get you anywhere near as tired as playing 30 minutes for Thib's?

Lastly, I am losing faith in Towns becoming a superstar. I know he is 22, but he is so bad defensively, and he just seems mentally weak. Watch him get toyed with tonight by Davis and Cousins again. Until he can still dominate a game without needing to score, he is far from a star.

This team misses Rubio badly imo. Guys like Butler, Towns, and Wiggins, get zero uncontested, cutting layups, or dunks in transition they didn't create themselves. Instead, we have to work "hard" for every basket we get, which I guess makes Thib's happy, since he likes nothing easy. You know, like when GS scores 40 in a quarter without breaking a sweat..

The recipe for beating the Wolves is quite simple: run and shoot 3s

Or, in other words, be a modern NBA offense.

These depleted East teams are simply using transition to get easy shots and resting 4 guys on the other end.

Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    The recipe for beating the Wolves is quite simple: run and shoot 3s

Or, in other words, be a modern NBA offense.

These depleted East teams are simply using transition to get easy shots and resting 4 guys on the other end.
    If there is a stat for giving up transition baskets after a make we must be leading the league in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    from Thib's:

all this guy ever does it talk about playing "hard". Um, playing smart is far more important. If you can't construct a modern day offense, then you are useless on that side of the floor. We can't continue to keep doing this. One of the reasons our guys are so tired, is the minutes they do play, are all a total grind. Do you think playing 30 minutes for GS will get you anywhere near as tired as playing 30 minutes for Thib's?

Lastly, I am losing faith in Towns becoming a superstar. I know he is 22, but he is so bad defensively, and he just seems mentally weak. Watch him get toyed with tonight by Davis and Cousins again. Until he can still dominate a game without needing to score, he is far from a star.

This team misses Rubio badly imo. Guys like Butler, Towns, and Wiggins, get zero uncontested, cutting layups, or dunks in transition they didn't create themselves. Instead, we have to work "hard" for every basket we get, which I guess makes Thib's happy, since he likes nothing easy. You know, like when GS scores 40 in a quarter without breaking a sweat..
    I really like this quote regarding Towns' D following the loss (could easily use the same analogy for Wig) -

That doesnít just fall on Towns. But against the Wizards on Tuesday, the Wolves center looked a step behind or completely unengaged when defending pick-and-rolls, and followed opponents in the paint rather than staying in good position to stop them. Itís a common problem for Towns, who Method-acts the role of rim-protector without ever being prepared to own the stage.

The last sentence especially is exactly how I feel when I watch Towns and Wiggins.

I really like this quote regarding Towns' D following the loss (could easily use the same analogy for Wig) -

That doesnít just fall on Towns. But against the Wizards on Tuesday, the Wolves center looked a step behind or completely unengaged when defending pick-and-rolls, and followed opponents in the paint rather than staying in good position to stop them. Itís a common problem for Towns, who Method-acts the role of rim-protector without ever being prepared to own the stage.

The last sentence especially is exactly how I feel when I watch Towns and Wiggins.
    Towns chases blocks, and is always one step behind the play. To the casual observer, it looks like he is always "right there, so close!", but if you watch him on defense a lot, you clearly see he just goes through the motions, avoids contact, doesn't anticipate a single thing, instead reacting (too late), and routinely leaves himself in a terrible position by running after blocks instead of just admitting defeat, and protecting against offensive rebounds.

Wiggins, has been better defensively. His stance is still dismal, but at least he puts himself in the right position most the time now, and causes deflections. At least he is progressing on that end, where Towns seems to be going backwards..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12