Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 119 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121 LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1805
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I only question his defense in space.
    Fair. I question that too.

I think the bold is a false narrative. Yes, we are in a time where ball movement is emphasized, but the best teams still have those players that do it at an elite level. That's what makes them so good. Ball movement has yet to prove to be a replacement for that, especially come playoff time.

This team is not a finished product, but the foundation for any good team is exactly that. Haven't we learned that a bunch of complimentary pieces will never cut it? Yes, these guys are valuable and contribute to winning, but they are nothing without those pieces.

Let's not sit here and act like Tony Parker couldn't get to the basket at will or that Ginobli wasn't one of the most craftiest players with the ball in his hands. Let's not act like what makes Curry and Klay so special is what they can do off the dribble combined with their shooting. What is Draymond without his vision and playmaking ability? Do the Warriors still not go through stretches of Durant or Curry in isolation? What makes their style of play on offense so effective is their ability to attack in multiple ways with multiple people, it's not just because they share the ball.

This is why I've argued that there are players that people like because they represent a certain style of play. The biggest difference and why they aren't as good is because they play that way due to their limitations, not because they are sacrificing. That is a huge difference. Do you realize how much easier some of these guys would be to defend if they lacked on the ball skills?
    No I am not saying it is not needed but everyone does not need to be an elite penetrator. I think we agree I just want one that plays tough defense I do not want to sacrifice that. Klay can get to the basket but it is not an elite trait. I agree you will have to put the ball on the floor and u will have to be able to finish or it still does not work. Zhaire has the defense and the athleticism and from what I am reading the handle but is raw offensively. Can he be developed. I am looking to still be bad next year. I am looking at Frank and Smith developing together in the next three years to begin to reach the peak. Maybe I am projecting us to be good further down the road than others. Frank and Zhaire switching up playing the one and two with size, skill, athleticism, IQ and stifiling D.
    Last edited by cssdmark; 05-15-2018 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    No I am not saying it is not needed but everyone does not need to be an elite penetrator. I think we agree I just want one that plays tough defense I do not want to sacrifice that. Klay can get to the basket but it is not an elite trait. I agree you will have to put the ball on the floor and u will have to be able to finish or it still does not work. Zhaire has the defense and the athleticism and from what I am reading the handle but is raw offensively. Can he be developed. I am looking to still be bad next year. I am looking at Frank and Smith developing together in the next three years to begin to reach the peak. Maybe I am projecting us to be good further down the road than others.
    I have the same idea as far as their timeline. I just don't know if they'll draft this high again after next year, which is why I think it's really important that they take advantage of it this year and next.

They need more possibilities for natural improvement and internal growth with KPs extension coming and especially if they truly are going to attempt to spend in the summers of 2019 and 2020. That's why I'm so adamant about good not being good enough.
    Last edited by smood999; 05-15-2018 at 02:29 PM.

I keep seeing Wendell Carter high in draft boards and potentially going to us but i think that would be a major no no. Another sleeper in this draft that most aren't talking about is Robert Williams. I would take him over Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    I keep seeing Wendell Carter high in draft boards and potentially going to us but i think that would be a major no no. Another sleeper in this draft that most aren't talking about is Robert Williams. I would take him over Carter.
    You favor all athletic types.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    so you want to trade Frank to move up from 37th to 29th or so?
    I agree with you on this one. I think Frank will eventually become a good player in the mold of the Cav's George Hill nothing more. Guys like that are a dime of dozen and so Frank is not a untouchable. I think the Knicks should clean house and Frank can be moved also for the right package. If the Knicks were to roll the dice like the above mentioned. They would have one of the best young front courts in just a short time. Dotson and Lee can hold down the SG position and Mudiay and Burke can hold down the PG position unless the Knicks invite Rondo to come in and be the floor general for our young guns.

JV can run point forward like Ben Simmons does for the Sixers and that would be fun as heck to watch. I ahve a feeling that Vanderbilt would get the best of Simmons as well and lock him down..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    I'm throwing ideas out there. I have no idea how much teams value Frank and because so many were hanging on to their firsts this yr, I thought Frank alone wouldn't net us much. Adding that 2nd for the 20th pick or so, to get a guy that most tams are sleeping on due to all the reasons you guys pointed out, could be a major move for the Knicks. Sure, the entire basketball world would say the Knicks screwed up, until they see Vando on the court. They would've probably said that last yr if we took Mitchell over the others, until they saw him play.

Celts have 4 players between 6 7' and 6 9' and all of these wings could start for just about any team
    in the league. Make the moves im saying and the Knicks walk away with two very versatile wings that can guard 3's or 4's, run like the wind, dribble, and score. Right now, the Knicks have ZERO players in this mold. Listen to Biv and add two this yr
    JV for Point Forward like Ben Simmons is for the Sixers.

I have the same idea as far as their timeline. I just don't know if they'll draft this high again after next year, which is why I think it's really important that they take advantage of it this year and next.

They need more possibilities for natural improvement and internal growth with KPs extension coming and especially if they truly are going to attempt to spend in the summers of 2019 and 2020. That's why I'm so adamant about good not being good enough.
    Yea I am not sure u will find what u are looking for if we stay at 9 but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Yea I am not sure u will find what u are looking for if we stay at 9 but you never know.
    It should not be expected, but it happens. The number 9 pick has also had some good results, so this being a stronger draft makes it more likely than usual (still slight). Let's just hope that the Knicks get lucky for once.

You favor all athletic types.
    That's true. It's the one skill that can't be taught With that said, I think Knox is right in the middle. Athletic, but skilled none the less.

oh I so hope we get a top pick, if not we will have to keep reading about the same things that have been said for months already lol

Mikal will go between 8-12

He will be a very good pick there, lock down defender, pure shooter, can get to the rim, can dunk with aggression, all at 21 years old.........I know some of you actually think that is too old lol............whatever!

I think there's more of a chance that Porter or Young fall to the Knicks than we expect. People seem to be really high on these big men and I can see Mikal going before the Knicks pick.

Orlando is the team to watch for Young. If they don't take him, there's a good chance he falls to the Knicks. No clue what's happening with Porter and his injury. He also seems to be getting some criticisms for being a ball stopper. They said the same about Tatum though...
    There are few teams in lotto who have no clue what they're doing like Orlando so hoping they continue their streak and then there are teams like Cavs who have sucked when they're not picking #1.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    There are few teams in lotto who have no clue what they're doing like Orlando so hoping they continue their streak and then there are teams like Cavs who have sucked when they're not picking #1.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    Orlando isnít that bad. They are like the Knicks constantly hitting singles. If you want the Knicks to stay in the lottery they just have to keep hitting singles over and over again like theyíve been with the exception of KP.

Until we get the bases loaded and then hit a grandslam.