Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I don't agree about being better than Bagley, just because Bagley projects to be a more versatile big and Carter is more of an old-school big.

I wouldn't mind Carter, but it's the worst case scenario for me. Do you think he's separated himself from either of the Bridges'? I don't, which is why I would still opt for one of them.

I've gotten to the point where if the Knicks are sitting as high as 6 or 7 and one of Porter, Bagley or Jackson aren't available, I would prefer that they take one of the Bridges'. If Bamba is available, they should see if a team is willing to trade up for him and then still take one of the Bridges'.

I don't think there is much separation with prospects 7-11 and I am super high on Miles Bridges specifically. The faster pace, increased spacing, and playing with better players will help him similarly to the way it's helped Tatum. I think he's suffering from being "old news" right now. It's not easy to find that level of athleticism and versatility combined with his skill, which is why I'm convinced.

Mikal Bridges is older and has been around longer, but this is the first time he's emerged as a lottery pick so he still somewhat has that new shiny toy appeal.

If they opt for one of the PGs, they better be sure and I would probably look to move Frank for an additional pick.
    Miles seems like he has that dog in him too, he just plays with power.

If we end up in the top 7/8 though Iím guessing we donít take him, although at 8 he could end up being the right pick.

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    Who is better fit for KP

Trae or Frank?

I'm taking best case scenario

Trae -pg version of CJ McCollum
    Frank - PG version of Nic Batum.

I'm still taking Frank. Trae, is he is not Curry, will get eaten alive on the next level. And Curry is 6'2" and a little bigger.
    Trae would be the pick if Knicks don't think frank is long term at PG. They would play together most likely. Both have what the other does not. Trae is 6'2 180lbs Curry is 6'3 181lbs when drafted. Heard all the same things about Steph when he was drafted. Too small for SG, not enough handles/vision for PG, bad defensively, physically weak. Also did 3 years in College. There will not be another Steph Curry of course and he has worked non stop to get to his level now but he did have to develop. Mark Jackson did a great job with him. I think Trae could be similar if developed right. Trae has the better handle coming out of college.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Miles seems like he has that dog in him too, he just plays with power.

If we end up in the top 7/8 though Iím guessing we donít take him, although at 8 he could end up being the right pick.
    I'm telling you we're overthinking it regarding him. Many of us wanted a top-5 pick to draft him this year. It could be a case of over-evaluation.

He's the kind of player that will stand out during workouts. It wouldn't surprise me to see him work his way into the 7/8 range, especially if the choices are Young/Sexton, Carter, or either Bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    I think I pretty much agree with everything here. Same page.

I think Jackson is the one most likely to be there at 6-7 of the Porter/Bagley/JJ group. I hope someone takes Bamba ahead of us. I really think Jackson is a potential perfect fit next to KP.

I think the Bridges will move up some spots by the time the tournament is over, they will contribute to winning teams and should get some attention. My issue with taking them @ 6 is that it almost looks like they can be had 11-15. Add Knox to that mix. If we fall back 8-10 I have no issues. But if we get 6-7... Man we really need to try and trade for end of lotto pick for Miles. Wouldn't mind Knox there either.

I think the Suns, Spurs & even Philly could be candidates to trade the pick, given they are loaded on wings. A package of Lee, Mudiay & 2020 first? If its the Spurs we could take Danny Green/Rudy Gay off their hands both expire end of 2019
    I don't think Miles would be a reach only because unless it's Porter, Jackson, or Bamba, I don't see much of a difference between Young, Sexton, Bridges, Bridges, and Carter.

Kyler is really high on Bridges. He called him a star just yesterday on Twitter. He also claims that his mocks are based on what people around the league tell him, so we'll see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RDAizYTJyg

Brandon McCoy is someone that I'm talking about re: who to pair with KP. Someone we can develop, has athleticism. 2nd rounder im guessing. Has upside on both ends.

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RDAizYTJyg

Brandon McCoy is someone that I'm talking about re: who to pair with KP. Someone we can develop, has athleticism. 2nd rounder im guessing. Has upside on both ends.
    Tankathon has us taking him in round 2 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Tankathon has us taking him in round 2 right now.
    Yeah i know, that's where I got him from. I dont know these dudes.

All I know is we need - a SF and a Point.

I am hoping Frank has one on lock next year and Mikal has other. That defense is just too good to pass up man.

I think I pretty much agree with everything here. Same page.

I think Jackson is the one most likely to be there at 6-7 of the Porter/Bagley/JJ group. I hope someone takes Bamba ahead of us. I really think Jackson is a potential perfect fit next to KP.

I think the Bridges will move up some spots by the time the tournament is over, they will contribute to winning teams and should get some attention. My issue with taking them @ 6 is that it almost looks like they can be had 11-15. Add Knox to that mix. If we fall back 8-10 I have no issues. But if we get 6-7... Man we really need to try and trade for end of lotto pick for Miles. Wouldn't mind Knox there either.

I think the Suns, Spurs & even Philly could be candidates to trade the pick, given they are loaded on wings. A package of Lee, Mudiay & 2020 first? If its the Spurs we could take Danny Green/Rudy Gay off their hands both expire end of 2019
    I don't think Miles would be a reach only because unless it's Porter, Jackson, or Bamba, I don't see much of a difference between Young, Sexton, Bridges, Bridges, and Carter.
    Yea I'm trying to get more comfortable with Miles. Mich state will probably get duke in Sweet 16. That will be a game to watch
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So the Trae hype is heating up on mocks along with sexton

I think if they stay at 9 they would take mikal

If/he is gone than who/knows

Because he keeps getting the stage and does nothing with it. He needs a big tournament for me to even add him to the consideration mix
    ESPN has moved Knox down to 15 in their new mock. He's trending in the wrong direction.
    Exactly, I get that his physical tools are intriguing but he has to show himself first.
    Yup, and it doesn't help that he hasn't even been the best freshman on his team for a month and a half now. Shai has been playing really well and was clearly their best player in the conference tournament. Smood, where is Shai listed on ESPN right now? Just curious.

In his last 13 games, since Jan 30th, Shai is averaging 17.2 PTS, 6.1 AST, 4.2 REB, 1.6 STL, 0.6 BLK, 2.5 TO while shooting .500/.385/.826 with 2.0 3PA and 5.2 FTA per game.
    Last edited by FOXHOUND; 03-13-2018 at 08:34 PM.

I'm telling you we're overthinking it regarding him. Many of us wanted a top-5 pick to draft him this year. It could be a case of over-evaluation.

He's the kind of player that will stand out during workouts. It wouldn't surprise me to see him work his way into the 7/8 range, especially if the choices are Young/Sexton, Carter, or either Bridges.
    I agree, and I don't think you worry about a 1-3 spot difference in drafting someone over what the presumed draft board is. If you really like Miles then you take him at 7 or 8 just fine. "Reaches" happen all the time for that reason.

Yea I'm trying to get more comfortable with Miles. Mich state will probably get duke in Sweet 16. That will be a game to watch
    When they played at the beginning of the season he had 19 pts, 5 rebs, 4 asts, 4 blks, against them.

Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    Yup, and it doesn't help that he hasn't even been the best freshman on his team for a month and a half now. Shai has been playing really well and was clearly their best player in the conference tournament. Smood, where is Shai listed on ESPN right now? Just curious.

In his last 13 games, since Jan 30th, Shai is averaging 17.2 PTS, 6.1 AST, 4.2 REB, 1.6 STL, 0.6 BLK, 2.5 TO while shooting .500/.385/.826 with 2.0 3PA and 5.2 FTA per game.
    They have Shai going ahead of Knox at 13.

Page 42 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast