Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
    I'd prefer I'll over Bruno.

I would go after Noah if he was bought out but that's probably unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44:32165802
    VC isnt even getting waived, so I don't know why he seems to be everyones focus. ( ...or at least most people here.)

Wright and Joe Johnson are both tagging along with Houston. So they are gone.

Arden Zwelling said yesterday on PTS that he thought Ujiri may be looking at Europe and not the NBA to fill that 15th spot on the roster.

I don't know who makes any sense tbh. The only thing that would have would have been an upgrade in the starting lineup somewhere. Using our deep bench and a large contract to get back an impact player. Who really cares about some bench warmer.

I would have rather just let Bruno sit on the bench as a 3rd string PF/SF behind Siakam and Miles to play some garbage minutes down the stretch with the bench mob.
    Sign Belli, Ilya, or Frye and call it a day.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Sign Belli, Ilya, or Frye and call it a day.
    Anyone youd be willing to let go of to add 2 of the above? Noguerra is probably the only player I'd consider but he seems so important to the chemistry and he isn't the worst. Might be able to re-sign him really cheap but I wouldn't mind replacing him with Frye and signing Illy in the Bruno spot. I don't see a place for belli. I'd prefer Powell getting those minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc.:32166104
    [

Anyone youd be willing to let go of to add 2 of the above? Noguerra is probably the only player I'd consider but he seems so important to the chemistry and he isn't the worst. Might be able to re-sign him really cheap but I wouldn't mind replacing him with Frye and signing Illy in the Bruno spot. I don't see a place for belli. I'd prefer Powell getting those minutes.
    If that was possible, I'd let go Bebe. He's out of the rotation anyway but he can be effective in spot minutes.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Illya is probably the only player that could help. Instead of watching Siakam throw up bricks we could actually have a stretch 4 who can shoot. Belly would be interesting but with Miles and Powell I don’t see much room for him.

The problem is Ilya doesn't move the ball as well, nor does he defend as well. He will add some shooting but lacks in the other areas Siakam does well in. He's also an okay three point shooter. Okay is a lot better than what Siakam is shooting but he's far from a reliable shooter.

With that said, it's still nice to have that option in case the Raps need it.
    Last edited by aman_13; 02-10-2018 at 06:17 PM.

Even without a 3pt shot I'll take Siakam over Ilyasova any day. He does so much else on the floor that adds value. One of our best defenders too.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Even without a 3pt shot I'll take Siakam over Ilyasova any day. He does so much else on the floor that adds value. One of our best defenders too.
    And he has been passing up a lot more 3s recently. I dont see the appeal for Ilyasova. I rather have Bellinelli in case Miles and Powell are bricking 3s in the playoffs. Its nice to have another sharpshooter.

I want no part of Ilyasova.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I don't really see it as 1 or another though.

Most buyout candidates aren't playing heavy minutes for playoff teams anyway. Ilyasova is more insurance than anything else.

Belinelli is going to 76ers. Scratch that off the list.

So Belli is signing with Philly.

Any other wings that may be bought out?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ:32167198
    Any other wings that may be bought out?
    No clue. Kind of disappointed that we didn't sign Belli.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast