Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast
    If Philly decides to use Simmons as a wing we could maybe swing a deal with them?

Lowry for McConnell, Ro Co and a pick.

Or how about DeMar for Beal and a pick? It’s no secret Beal and Wall hate each other and Beal has the ability to take over games.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Ummm this team without JV gets out rebounded every night.

I'd be fine going with peoltl and BeBe only if Val is used as a piece to bring in a premier wing like Leonard.
    You can find other guys to rebound. It's not like he just comes out of the lineup and you don't put another guy in the lineup. He's severely overrated as a rebounder. He's good, he's not Dennis Rodman.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    If Philly decides to use Simmons as a wing we could maybe swing a deal with them?

Lowry for McConnell, Ro Co and a pick.
    There is no way they give up something to get Lowry without letting Fultz get a shot first.

Or how about DeMar for Beal and a pick? It’s no secret Beal and Wall hate each other and Beal has the ability to take over games.
    Probably would do that, but you just know we'd face them in the playoffs and he'd kill us.

Batum has been floated around on the radio. He would basically give you the same things as Demar, but you could probably get him plus back. I don't know if I would do that or not, but it's interesting.

Trading DeMar would be the biggest mistake in franchise history.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Batum has been floated around on the radio. He would basically give you the same things as Demar, but you could probably get him plus back. I don't know if I would do that or not, but it's interesting.
    I have a hard time believing Batum would give us 20+PPG. He'd definitely bring other tools that DeMar doesn't have but the scoring, which is the most important part for a 2 guard in our system, would take a big hit. The more I'm thinking about the Beal deal the more I like it. Even if it's straight up. Imagine if we could throw Ibaka in there what with Gortat saying mid season he wanted to be in Orlando next year.

Beal and Porter for DeMar, Ibaka and one of OG/Delon. I assume they'd want OG more though.

**** no to batum

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    **** no to batum
    Hell no as well here! If you trade a star you must get a star back. At this point change the coach for heavens sake. We need a different coach. Casey has got them here yes but we have stalled in the playoffs we’re it matters. It’s not just playing against lebron of which many fail to understand. We play horrible period in the playoffs for some reason. It has plenty to do first with pride and mental strength of which demar and Lowry suffer from but also are coaching staff is not getting every ounce out of them in the “ playoffs”.

We play every game in the playoffs for the last 3-5 years all nervous and stressed out praying we win. We have never gone into a game and dominated or blown out the other team. Again this year as well as last year we had no business going 7 games with Indiana and 6 with wizards no business. If we are hand tied and no one wants to break it up then bring in another voice. Promote Magloire to assistant bring in Stackhouse do whatever maybe bring someone out of retirement but do something. You guys are better then me when it comes to what’s out i there.

Through me some names?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenfidish View Post
    Gosh no disrespect but all I keep hearing is surround surround when will we admit it’s the core that needs to go or miraculously play defence and increase mental strength.
    The issue is the amount that Demar Kyle Serge and even Powell make... its hard to fathom a trade for these guys.. I’m sure there are teams that would part with some younge players but they would have to send back a lot of bad salaries to match

For example I would offer Demar to the Celtics for some of their young talent such as Rozier and Brown but who would they include in the trade that would make salaries close to matching ?

Another player I really like is Jamal Murray and I would offer up Lowry to get him but again who would they send back that would make salaries close in matching ?

Masai has a tough offseason ahead of him.

If the Spurs trade Leonard and decide to blow it up would LA be a good target ?

He makes 22.3 mill next season. We need to make salaries match and also add enough young talent to make it worth their while in trading LA

JP - 2.9 mill
    Siakam -1.5 mill
    These are the young pieces in the deal that could Interest a rebuilding team...

Salary fillers
    Powell - 9.3 mill
    Miles - 8.3

= 22 million

Lowry - FVV
    Derozan - Wright
    OG -
    Aldridge -Ibaka
    Jonas - Ibaka

Maybe we sign VC for cheap to fill that back up SF spot, or find another cheap vet to sign

I have a hard time believing Batum would give us 20+PPG. He'd definitely bring other tools that DeMar doesn't have but the scoring, which is the most important part for a 2 guard in our system, would take a big hit. The more I'm thinking about the Beal deal the more I like it. Even if it's straight up. Imagine if we could throw Ibaka in there what with Gortat saying mid season he wanted to be in Orlando next year.

Beal and Porter for DeMar, Ibaka and one of OG/Delon. I assume they'd want OG more though.
    We’re giving up the best player in the trade why would we have to include OG or Wright ?

Beals injury prone and that’s a concern. Pretty lateral trade and if we give up Wright or OG we lose the trade by a significant margin

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    You can find other guys to rebound. It's not like he just comes out of the lineup and you don't put another guy in the lineup. He's severely overrated as a rebounder. He's good, he's not Dennis Rodman.
    I'm gonna sound like Casey here but I'd be concerned with moving JV, in a vacuum at least, because he's the only guy I can honestly say plays with that mental toughness we seem to severely lack. He plays with force. He doesn't just get the rebound, he takes it if you catch my meaning. I know he has limitations but he seems awfully good now at playing within them.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Oh I can think of much much bigger.

Although I will edit this to say that Demar has earned plenty of respect for how he works at his game. Demar at 31 could be something. But I would rather not wait for that. He's the 3rd best player on a championship team right now imo.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 05-10-2018 at 02:19 PM.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Oh, well you've definitely lost my support for a Beal/Demar deal now

Not necessarily. If you can consolidate talent, then it would be terrific. Turning him into 3 depth guys would be a huge failure.

I think the idea is that if Batum takes all of Demar's shots, he's going to score at almost the same clip (their eFG is eerily similar).

I'm not advocating for Batum, the guys on the radio were. I just mentioned it.

Ride it out for 2 more years, make some loot and do a proper rebuild. The team will be hard pressed to get anything back of equal value. Most playoff teams are looking to cut money to avoid repeaters tax. Salary dumping will be hard because teams have unwisely spent too much on mediocre players.

Derozan is the only guy you might be able to get something close to value.

Lowry is an aging PG (arguably declining shortly and overpaid) and Ibaka is overpaid already declining.

GS or a Lebron super team are winning the next years and the following titles, so no point in forcing anything to try and contend.

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast