Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I agree. its one of my favorite elements of following sports. That is what keeps me addicted to GM Franchise/Dynasty mode games. Even now I'm looking forward to smoking a J and playing some MLB the show 17 Franchise mode when i get home. I have a couple guys poised for break out seasons. I sim the regular season and play the playoffs on all the sports games so im in like year 2040something lol.
    That's so funny. I do the same thing. My favorite game all time for that was NCAA Football, recruiting was awesome.

The games for that are better now, I don't remember which basketball game it was, but I figured how to beat it. It was all about defensive awareness. I would tank the first year, draft, sign and trade for only guys with Def Awareness over 80 and the championships would flow. Only worked for one year of that game though, they fixed it with the next release.

This team definitely should not stand pat. I can't remember if I started a thread about this or just posted but about a month ago I mentioned that with such terrific and unexpected play from an almost exclusively youthful bench this may be the only opportunity we ever have to rise out of that dreaded 2nd tier of "contenders" - by trading our attractive excess for a star caliber talent. That remains true.

Do not fool yourself into projecting these young bench players into more than they are. The likelihood that one of them elevates themselves into even a Derozan level of impact is quite low.

Don't get me wrong it's gives me the warm and fuzzies to see so many positive stories from our kids, of whom little was expected. Just remember warm and fuzzies have a way of killing good decision making.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 01-12-2018 at 06:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc.:32096740

I agree. its one of my favorite elements of following sports. That is what keeps me addicted to GM Franchise/Dynasty mode games. Even now I'm looking forward to smoking a J and playing some MLB the show 17 Franchise mode when i get home. I have a couple guys poised for break out seasons. I sim the regular season and play the playoffs on all the sports games so im in like year 2040something lol.
    Lol I used to do the same thing on the PS3.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer:32096814
    This team definitely should not stand pat. I can't remember if I started a thread about this or just posted but about a month ago I mentioned that with such terrific and unexpected play from an almost exclusively youthful bench this may be the only opportunity we ever have to rise out of that dreaded 2nd tier of "contenders" - by trading our attractive excess for a star caliber talent. That remains true.

Do not fool yourself into projecting these young bench players into more than they are. The likelihood that one of them elevates themselves into even a Derozan level of impact is quite low.

Don't get me wrong it's gives me the warm and fuzzies to see so many positive stories from our kids, of whom little was expected. Just remember warm and fuzzies have a way of killing good decision making.

The cap situation is what makes it challenging but I agree. At some point you have to go for it.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post

You make some good points but the list of players that would put us over the top is pretty low. I do think Poeltl is a lock to be a solid contributor though. Maybe even an all star. Ideally I'd want to move JV + Bebe + 1 of Wright, Powell, FVV, Siakam in a deal. If it were 2 of those guys then it'd be a question of who we're getting. The guys I'd be gunning for are Gasol, PG13 and Davis. That's just off the top of my head for now and no I don't want DMC.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    The cap situation is what makes it challenging but I agree. At some point you have to go for it.
    Yeah it really is now or never. Cavs are floundering and Steph's ankle has been bothering him.

I'd still go for Gasol. But I doubt Masai does anything this deadline. He'll probably give this team a chance in the playoffs before determining what we need to get over that hump.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    You make some good points but the list of players that would put us over the top is pretty low. I do think Poeltl is a lock to be a solid contributor though. Maybe even an all star. Ideally I'd want to move JV + Bebe + 1 of Wright, Powell, FVV, Siakam in a deal. If it were 2 of those guys then it'd be a question of who we're getting. The guys I'd be gunning for are Gasol, PG13 and Davis. That's just off the top of my head for now and no I don't want DMC.
    Maybe not as low as you think. If you think in terms of disgruntled stars sure. But how many all-stars are there? How many high draft picks who look like they may have another gear on teams stuck in the mud? Make someone an offer they can't pass up.

we probably have never had an abundance of assets like this in the franchise's entire history but this is a top heavy league, our ceiling really hasn't changed.

I have seen enough of masai to completely trust his ability to identify which of our current players are playing well within their roles and which could be more down the road.

I trust him to make that call.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Gasol can't defend anymore....unless you're hoping he's not trying right now.

I'm hoping that. Totally. Because he's the fit that puts the group over the top [emoji4]

If you could get Tyreke and Gasol. That actually might take this team over the top.

What about OG-Miles-JV-future pick for Gasol and Evans. The team would be destine for the Luxury taxs in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    Gasol can't defend anymore....unless you're hoping he's not trying right now.
    Neither does JV but the offense should dramatically improve.

I simply don't see any potential trades that make an awful lot of sense. I'm much lower on Gasol than most of the people here. Tyreke Evans simply doesn't fit. I love his game, but we shouldn't move him or DeRozan to SF, Lou Williams brings the same issue, and I simply don't see any feasible Anthony Davis trades. Also, I can't possibly imagine the Thunder even entertaining moving PG13. Simply put, who is there to trade for that fits anywhere? Luckily, we can trust Ujiri to only make moves that make sense, and if there's nothing to be done, then he won't do anything. If there's actually a great trade I'm not considering, then he'll make it. This is the first time that I can remember where I'll be completely satisfied with a quiet trade deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor:32098080
    I simply don't see any potential trades that make an awful lot of sense. I'm much lower on Gasol than most of the people here. Tyreke Evans simply doesn't fit. I love his game, but we shouldn't move him or DeRozan to SF, Lou Williams brings the same issue, and I simply don't see any feasible Anthony Davis trades. Also, I can't possibly imagine the Thunder even entertaining moving PG13. Simply put, who is there to trade for that fits anywhere? Luckily, we can trust Ujiri to only make moves that make sense, and if there's nothing to be done, then he won't do anything. If there's actually a great trade I'm not considering, then he'll make it. This is the first time that I can remember where I'll be completely satisfied with a quiet trade deadline.
    More vets returning!

I'd be okay with it as well but I'd really like to see them get another 3 point shooter.

Jack was talking about this yesterday. The Raptors need to be able to hit threes at a high level.

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast