Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 115159606162 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I think that's where the bias comes from. They're not mutually exclusive. If your preconception of every player that takes a lot of shots and has a high usage is Kobe-lite, then yeah, every star player is going to be Kobe-lite through such a sweeping lens.

But if you have a guy that is an extremely efficient scorer, why shouldn't they be a high usage/volume shooter? Why is there necessarily a negative subtext? For every Melo, Gay, Maggette etc there's a Kawhi, Lebron, CP3, Wade etc. If you're running the type of motion offence that Stevens is running, why wouldn't your point guard be shooting a ton of shots? Is Curry, low iq and/or selfish? Is Donovan Mitchell?

What makes Kyrie a selfish, low IQ player other than your personal aversion to the terms "high usage" and "volume"? Morey had a pretty good quote about this - “The marginal assist is worth more money to the point guard than the marginal point”. Kyrie can pass up scoring opportunities to make himself more amenable to basketball fans such as yourself, but the trade off is that it comes at the expense of his team.
    you are correct sir, they are not mutually exclusive. that is why i said very few. seems to me you are playing the prove to me game when the burden of proof should be on you since nothing in personal stats or reputation supports him being a particularly unselfish player.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 07-10-2018 at 12:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    you are correct sir, they are not mutually exclusive. that is why i said very few. seems to me you are playing the prove to me game when the burden of proof should be on you since nothing in personal stats or reputation supports him being a particularly unselfish player.
    1. Burden of proof doesn't apply here. It doesn't even made sense. I provided several reasons.

2. There's no point going further since it's quite clear from the bolded that you've made up your mind. Any "proof" that I provide will just be hand waved away.
    Last edited by ecart; 07-10-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    1. Burden of proof doesn't apply here. It doesn't even made sense. I provided several reasons.

2. There's no point going further since it's quite clear from the bolded that you've made up your mind. Any "proof" that I provide will just be hand waved away.
    sounds good

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Don't like Kyrie but he generally gets a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Don't like Kyrie but he generally gets a bad rap.
    I actually like him, but it’s no secret that he isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer. A lot of the “bad rap” is fully called for imo.

Just meant in general he gets a bad rap. He might deserve flak for things here and there but overall he probably gets more flak than usual.

Like he's not a high IQ player but he's pretty far from being a low IQ player. A lot of people generally assume that he's low IQ because he shoots a ton of shots, when him taking shots is probably better than him creating for others in many cases.

We have too much depth at the PG spot this year, 4 pgs if you count normal powell, lol. I think if FVV started this year and we traded away lowry, to fill in other holes, would be a great idea. Onuoby and siakim should be untouchable with FVV as well. Wright, powell, lowry, possibly derozan (for a package deal) ibaka should all be availabl for trade.

I think the raptors will win the east like we always do, philly is going to be good with boston, but I still think we can take the east this year and this is our chance to make it to the nba finals. Noone has hope like our fans, dwayne casey never drew up plays for JV or call up mastermind plays in the dying seconds which has costed us so many games last year, our new coach is a huge upgrade and all our young guns have another year under there belt, so as a team we improve by about 20 percent as a team from last year and we can stilll improve from here. im happy with staying competitive and winning the east everyyeear and losing to goldenstate, at least I can go watch the game live and get a banner, lol.

Lowry for Kemba walker plus a top 10 protected 1st. Kemba has been on bad team his entire career, he is way better than what the hornets record looks like. He is actually clutch as well, what we lacked from Lowry.

Or maybe a Ibaka Unouby FVV for kawia leonard. It would be worth a shot to make an offer to them.

Do you see OG as anything more than a role player? I don't get the hype with him. The next Kawhi stuff is over the top.
    Last edited by aman_13; 07-12-2018 at 01:09 AM.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I think he'll actually be an all star in a few years, just need to give him more mins and touches to develop. Hopefully this year we actually draw up some plays for everyone so we can become a better team.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Do you see OG as anything more than a role player? I don't get the hype with him. The next Kawhi stuff is over the top.
    Well he was one of the better role players in the league as a rookie coming off of a major injury. I think we've seen his floor so from here it's all upside.

I definitely remember thinking the same thing when I first saw Kawhi.

That 3 he hit against Cleveland was the highlight of the season for me beside the Detroit game DeRozan dunk.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    he needs to learn how to dribble like demar did, but i'm high on him. The Kawhi stuff is extra for sure tho

we need to start digging into his family history now then

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

He looked pretty good last night........in the summer league. He was already fairly explosive last year at less than 100%. The guy I was most impressed with was Chris Boucher though. This is a shot blocker who can step outside and shoot. He had 6 blocks in 22 minutes and knocked down 2 of his 3 long range attempts. He is 6'10 with almost a 7'4 wingspan. With some more NBA coaching I think he could turn into a decent 4/5 in today's game.

Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 115159606162 LastLast