Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
Results 886 to 900 of 935
  1. #886
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    22,109
    Unless we include like Siakam or something maybe

  2. #887
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Unless we include like Siakam or something maybe
    I think Pascal and OG should be untouchable unless we get a perennial all-star like Kawhi. They're the type of players that come back to haunt you IMO. I would only give them Wright.

  3. #888
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,811
    Anyone else shocked at Boston being willing to trade Irving for Kawai? I mean Rozier had a great run there but he wasn't Irving level. He doesn't have superstar level skills like Irving and he basically lost them game 7 against the Cavs bricking it tons of times down the stretch. They already have the depth at the wings. I sorta hope it happens because if they do that and then Kawai leaves after next season it will help Toronto in the long run.

  4. #889
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    23,358
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Anyone else shocked at Boston being willing to trade Irving for Kawai? I mean Rozier had a great run there but he wasn't Irving level. He doesn't have superstar level skills like Irving and he basically lost them game 7 against the Cavs bricking it tons of times down the stretch. They already have the depth at the wings. I sorta hope it happens because if they do that and then Kawai leaves after next season it will help Toronto in the long run.
    not shocking to me at all. danny ainge is very smart, i don't think Irvings the kind of guy that he would have been pursued in free agency, but as an asset upgrade over Thomas it was just a no brainer. now they are loaded and the kids are better than expected and they want to flip him for a superior talent that fits perfectly with their style of play and culture - no brainer to me. they could lose leonard of course but since there are questions about Irvings long term fit there anyways it seems like a perfectly reasonable gamble to me. i have been an advocate of trading Irving (from their point of view) since the playoffs concluded.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 07-08-2018 at 06:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  5. #890
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,811
    I like our PG depth more than Bostons.

    If anyone should be looking at shopping their Allstar PG its toronto imo. Rozier just doesnt seem like a bonified starter to me. Especially with boston having championship aspirations. Irving's talent has a greater impact on that team than Leonards imo (based on the roster they already have in place).

  6. #891
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,158
    I don't like the idea of giving away major piece for one year or Kawhi . Especially after all the crap he pulled getting his own doctors and sitting out pretty much all of last season. If they will take Ibaka and Wright or something I would be all for it, but swapping one all-star for another doesn't seem like a big enough move when its likely only for one season.

  7. #892
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    7,423
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I don't like the idea of giving away major piece for one year or Kawhi . Especially after all the crap he pulled getting his own doctors and sitting out pretty much all of last season. If they will take Ibaka and Wright or something I would be all for it, but swapping one all-star for another doesn't seem like a big enough move when its likely only for one season.
    All depends on what raptors are thinking in terms of future. Sure KL will be here for one year, but you clear up DD's contract along the way. But I highly doubt even DD is enough to get KL here. Ibaka and wright won't even get you a bag of balls.

  8. #893
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    not shocking to me at all. danny ainge is very smart, i don't think Irvings the kind of guy that he would have been pursued in free agency, but as an asset upgrade over Thomas it was just a no brainer. now they are loaded and the kids are better than expected and they want to flip him for a superior talent that fits perfectly with their style of play and culture - no brainer to me. they could lose leonard of course but since there are questions about Irvings long term fit there anyways it seems like a perfectly reasonable gamble to me. i have been an advocate of trading Irving (from their point of view) since the playoffs concluded.
    How does Kyrie not fit their play and culture? lol he's even injury prone like every other Celtic PG before him.

  9. #894
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10,867
    Love the idea of Kawhi, hard to know what it would take to acquire him though.

    Lowry + Miles for Leonard + Mills might make some sense. SAS would probably want someone like Poeltl or Anunoby though, which is where it gets trickier.

  10. #895
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    23,358
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    How does Kyrie not fit their play and culture? lol he's even injury prone like every other Celtic PG before him.
    defense, high iq, unselfishness, do i need to go on here.

    it should be noted I didn't even say he didn't fit, I said kawhi was a better fit. the long term future part was in regards to contract status.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 07-09-2018 at 04:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  11. #896
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    defense, high iq, unselfishness, do i need to go on here.

    it should be noted I didn't even say he didn't fit, I said kawhi was a better fit. the long term future part was in regards to contract status.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    I see. Didn't know you were talking about his contract when you said 'long term fit'.

    I don't know. I just think you're extremely biased against high usage volume shooters. Kyrie is not a great defender, but he's a high iq unselfish player.

  12. #897
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    23,358
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I see. Didn't know you were talking about his contract when you said 'long term fit'.

    I don't know. I just think you're extremely biased against high usage volume shooters. Kyrie is not a great defender, but he's a high iq unselfish player.
    i don't know if it's a bias, really. look at the words you are using - high usage, volume shooter. very few of those guys qualify as either high IQ or unselfish.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  13. #898
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i don't know if it's a bias, really. look at the words you are using - high usage, volume shooter. very few of those guys qualify as either high IQ or unselfish.
    I think that's where the bias comes from. They're not mutually exclusive. If your preconception of every player that takes a lot of shots and has a high usage is Kobe-lite, then yeah, every star player is going to be Kobe-lite through such a sweeping lens.

    But if you have a guy that is an extremely efficient scorer, why shouldn't they be a high usage/volume shooter? Why is there necessarily a negative subtext? For every Melo, Gay, Maggette etc there's a Kawhi, Lebron, CP3, Wade etc. If you're running the type of motion offence that Stevens is running, why wouldn't your point guard be shooting a ton of shots? Is Curry, low iq and/or selfish? Is Donovan Mitchell?

    What makes Kyrie a selfish, low IQ player other than your personal aversion to the terms "high usage" and "volume"? Morey had a pretty good quote about this - “The marginal assist is worth more money to the point guard than the marginal point”. Kyrie can pass up scoring opportunities to make himself more amenable to basketball fans such as yourself, but the trade off is that it comes at the expense of his team.

  14. #899
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    270
    Damn. Clippers got Luc for 4.3 for one year. That's a move we should have made for the MLE or something.

  15. #900
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    54,766
    Yea was really hoping for a guy like him with the MLE.

Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •