Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Don't understand trading DeMar for so little when we could flip Lowry for the same price. We have PG depth where as SG is one of the thinnest positions in the league.
    i'd take a rotation player with upside and a 1st rounder. i get that we have point guard depth but i don't think Lowry is the limiting factor on this team.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Don't understand trading DeMar for so little when we could flip Lowry for the same price. We have PG depth where as SG is one of the thinnest positions in the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    you don't know that. none of us do
    I don't think Lowry has the same value. Age being the biggest factor. But I also think there's a bigger quantity of good PG's in the league right now, so the demand is lower.

I want to see DD traded just to see your reaction

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I don't think Lowry has the same value. Age being the biggest factor. But I also think there's a bigger quantity of good PG's in the league right now, so the demand is lower.
    I think Lowry can get us something decent if he fills a specific need(s) for a certain team. For example, Orlando needs a veteran point guard who can shoot, to develop (and evaluate) their bigs. Lowry could probably net us a first rounder from them. There aren't that many experienced point guards who can shoot. But he's nowhere close to netting us Ingram. I would be very surprised if Masai is able to get Ingram in exchange for Demar. Although based on past comments, Magic is quite high on Demar. If Demar was with Klutch Sports, I could see a conversation taking place.

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    I want to see DD traded just to see your reaction
    The only thing that wouldn't upset me would be a blockbuster with LA where we give them DeMar and Lowry for Deng, Kuzma Ball and Ingram. Add that to our young roster and we're looking good moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I think Lowry can get us something decent if he fills a specific need(s) for a certain team. For example, Orlando needs a veteran point guard who can shoot, to develop (and evaluate) their bigs. Lowry could probably net us a first rounder from them. There aren't that many experienced point guards who can shoot. But he's nowhere close to netting us Ingram. I would be very surprised if Masai is able to get Ingram in exchange for Demar. Although based on past comments, Magic is quite high on Demar. If Demar was with Klutch Sports, I could see a conversation taking place.
    Can't see Orlando doing that. If Lowry was going somewhere, I'd have to be with a team that already has multiple stars.

I can see the Wolves offering Teague and Gibson for Lowry but Masai wouldn't do that. Not sure if they'd trade Wiggins for Lowry though.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Can't see Orlando doing that. If Lowry was going somewhere, I'd have to be with a team that already has multiple stars.

I can see the Wolves offering Teague and Gibson for Lowry but Masai wouldn't do that. Not sure if they'd trade Wiggins for Lowry though.
    I don't think they'll do it now since they just signed IT. But if they whiffed, I can see them forcing through a trade for someone like Lowry. They need to develop and evaluate their talent. Weltman needs to be able to identify how good these guys are capable of being without the lack of shooting/playmaking hanging over their heads. Hennigan gave up on a lot of talent and wasn't able to evaluate them fairly because of this. They basically had to play Gordon at the 3 out of necessity to stretch the floor even though Gordon at the time was a raw big prospect. That could have easily backfired on him. Same with Dipo and all of their young wings. How good are they capable of being without having to be the defacto PG. Dipo did a podcast with Woj and the situation there sounds horrid.

Speaking of Weltman, I don't know what the Raptors saw in him. Some of his moves have been ????, especially the Clifford signing. Maybe the situation there is so bad he can't risk a guy like Messina or Udoka but really, Clifford?

Thibs probably gonna get fired early-mid season. Then someone is going to get traded. But Glen Taylor is super trusting and gives his staff a long *** leash so hard to say. I used to respect Thibs but I think he's pretty washed up. Defensive coaches just can't hang in the modern NBA.
    Last edited by ecart; 07-04-2018 at 09:06 PM.

bobby marks is definitely reading this forum - he's stealing my ****

https://clutchpoints.com/raptors-new...kawhi-leonard/
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

With Lebron gone to the west, I believe MU has a new false sense of hope and that leads me to believe there will be no changes at all. Other than coaching ofcourse

I could see a minor move involving Powell or an upgrade on Ibaka but that's being optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    With Lebron gone to the west, I believe MU has a new false sense of hope and that leads me to believe there will be no changes at all. Other than coaching ofcourse
    I really hope he is not that naive. Surely he has to see the difficulties this team had in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    I really hope he is not that naive. Surely he has to see the difficulties this team had in the playoffs.
    Clearly he did. Casey is gone.

Was it game 3 where Masai send down on the court and blasted the refs at halftime?

https://clutchpoints.com/raptors-new...kawhi-leonard/[/QUOTE]

I saw that one. I think we have to kick in a little extra. Too bad we couldn't add Kawhi to Demar and Kyle though.

Pop didn't want Kyle. Why would he want Demar?

Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast