Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2018 Redskins Draft Thread

I know the Skins need DL, WR,Safety, and more OL help. Would you take this guy if available with your #1 ?

Texas OT Connor Williams announced he will enter the 2018 NFL draft.
    Big media seems to believe Williams is a candidate to be a top-ten pick. Listed at 6-foot-6, 315, Williams started all three years for the Longhorns before leaving school early. The NFL badly needs an influx of offensive line talent.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

We need more OL depth, sure, but unless we are packing it in and trading Cousins and Williams, there is no need to make for huge upgrades. Long is an above average center, Lauvao needs to be replaced, Williams is a top five left tackle and Scherff is arguably the best guard in the game. Moses is a top five right tackle. I would even argue our depth is fine except at center, because I've never seen a team lose their lineman like ours this year.

I also have a feeling that, with so many players on one year deals, Cousins is going to be traded and QB is going to be on our radar since this is a beyond rich draft for them for once.

I was thinking this guy at guard.....but.....we do need to replace Lauvao.......and add depth....

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Not looking like a great draft for a team that needs receivers. We're definitely out of the Calvin Ridley range at this point. Simmie Cobbs would be a great pickup in the 3rd-ish round range.

Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    Not looking like a great draft for a team that needs receivers. We're definitely out of the Calvin Ridley range at this point. Simmie Cobbs would be a great pickup in the 3rd-ish round range.
    Not a good year for free agent receivers either- http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/wide-receiver/

Jordan Matthews intrigues me with his size, but if we still can't throw end zone fades to Pryor or Quick, and instead throw them to Thompson, well, that's a coaching problem.

if we can sign kirk long term, then im fine using every draft pick on defense. After losing garcon jackson and now thompson and not really any running game identity, we still have a top half offense. If we let cousins walk, then build up the O outside of qb as best we can.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    if we can sign kirk long term, then im fine using every draft pick on defense. After losing garcon jackson and now thompson and not really any running game identity, we still have a top half offense. If we let cousins walk, then build up the O outside of qb as best we can.
    Except this is the year to draft QBs, the draft should be loaded especially if the underclassmen come out.

Whoever we pick will bust.

Looks like we're lucky number 13 in the draft this year.

vibe607 is offline The 2nd coming of Schuler
    Baker Mayfield is the most typical Snyder pick

I do like the Vita Vea kid, and the LB from the Georgia bowl game last night. Hoping we go D playmaker but Cousins will have to be the first domino to fall before we have a better sense of things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Not a good year for free agent receivers either- http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/wide-receiver/

Jordan Matthews intrigues me with his size, but if we still can't throw end zone fades to Pryor or Quick, and instead throw them to Thompson, well, that's a coaching problem.
    Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins, Jarvis Landry... they are all solid. I really like Jarvis Landry, but I think him and crowder are too similar to have on the same team. I would be fine with Allen Robinson, but I don't know what kinda money he is going to be looking for/offered coming off the knee injury
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Supposedly Crabtree is/will be on the market

Quote Originally Posted by vibe607 View Post
    Baker Mayfield is the most typical Snyder pick

I do like the Vita Vea kid, and the LB from the Georgia bowl game last night. Hoping we go D playmaker but Cousins will have to be the first domino to fall before we have a better sense of things to come.
    Baker Mayfield is a gump, Johnny Manziel 2.0 if you ask me. I was not impressed last night, because Lincoln Riley took the ball out of his QBs hands when it mattered most. That is telling to me.

Rayquon Smith is the real deal. He might be in our range depending on the game he has in the national title. As a Georgia fan, I'd love to get him and one of Chubb/Michel.

I don't think Baker Mayfield is Manziel 2.0 at all.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

What we really need is a gm that can lead us in the right direction. Mcloughan did do that with the free agent signings and drat picks. He should have been there on the first day of free agency to resign Jackson, Garcon, or both. They, however, did not do well on their new teams. I would say re-sign Cousins, try to get some defensive picks for the defensive line, and aim for sammy watkins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast