Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Smart and our 1st isn't winning us a title. Tyreke and a 2nd might.
    Pretty close IMO. Best option is to keep Smart and get Tyreke.

Next year Monroe's status must be understood before we go near Smart.
    They shouldn't impact each other at all. Monroe would have to come back on the MLE. We could still sign Smart with bird rights.

Also any multi year deal for Smart assures next year is our last year w/ Rozy.
    We could just sign Smart with the intention of trading him...

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Smart and our 1st isn't winning us a title. Tyreke and a 2nd might.

Next year Monroe's status must be understood before we go near Smart.

Also any multi year deal for Smart assures next year is our last year w/ Rozy.
    We could sign Smart to a 2 year deal and then trade him next year or next summer and resign Rozier.

I see a couple of senarios where we resign Smart and keep Rozier beyond next year...but I get what your saying...we wont have them both long term.

I am not sure I see Marcus Smart as an NBA starter...but I do see Rozier as a starter....we may be forced to trade Rozier to give him that opportunity.
    El Presidente

Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    We could sign Smart to a 2 year deal and then trade him next year or next summer and resign Rozier.

I see a couple of senarios where we resign Smart and keep Rozier beyond next year...but I get what your saying...we wont have them both long term.

I am not sure I see Marcus Smart as an NBA starter...but I do see Rozier as a starter....we may be forced to trade Rozier to give him that opportunity.
    Rozier could start and put up good numbers on a bad team, but if Rozier is starting for you, your team probably isn't that good. I see Smart as kind of the same, defensively he's so good. So on a team flush with scoring - he could start.

I think Smart has to be re-signed. He has trade value and on court value so to let that walk out the door for nothing is foolish. Being over the cap we have limited resources to bring talent in. Can't let assets just walk away. I hope the intent is to trade him once re-signed...But even if he stays, it's better than losing him for nothing.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Rozier could start and put up good numbers on a bad team, but if Rozier is starting for you, your team probably isn't that good. I see Smart as kind of the same, defensively he's so good. So on a team flush with scoring - he could start.

I think Smart has to be re-signed. He has trade value and on court value so to let that walk out the door for nothing is foolish. Being over the cap we have limited resources to bring talent in. Can't let assets just walk away. I hope the intent is to trade him once re-signed...But even if he stays, it's better than losing him for nothing.
    they'll probably let another team make him an offer first.
    El Presidente

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234