Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Week 12: Miami Dolphins (4-6) @ New England Patriots (8-2)

Week 12

VS

Sorry no fancy thread, been busy with the holiday and stuff :/

As most my have seen Cutler is out, Moore gets the start

I am ready to get thumped.

Lulz. BB has no fear in us, runs and converts a fake punt at his own 27.

I'll say it again, how many players from this team would you actually want on an NFL roster?

Lol refs. Call a hold on us but not on the Pats OL who was mauling a dude?

Hahaha that pretty much sums up the season. COme out from a timeout and have no idea what you're doing and take a sack. Then throw an INT when you are pretty much guaranteed a FG. Chance to be down one score to the Pats at halftime on the road, just wow.

Refs for **** sakes we already dont have talant to match up, now you toss McCain for trying to get Amendola off him. Dude was holding him down.

how do you not go for it on 4th and inches in a game your defense isnt doing the job

Today was the one that broke me. Because we didn't even have that moment where a young player looked good. I mean I guess Tankersley didn't get picked on which is a good sign, but there was so much bad that happened.

We need a serious rebuild this year. I mean anyone they think needs to get replaced should. No one on our offense can create a play by themself and the defense is relying on too many young guys to make plays when they look better as rotational guys.

Just rebuild, get rid of the big contracts and get talent. You could make the argument for getting rid of everyone for me. I know it was the Patriots but even the Jets have put up a fight against them and they tried to tank.

Team tried to go all in this year singing and dealing for Vet guys, and resigning all the guys from the year before but it's failed. Tried to go all in too soon and guys they picked up have just not produced. Doesn't help that the starting QB and two promising young parts of the D all went on IR before the season even started.

The entire OL regressing might be one of the biggest issues on the season, there isn't one thing they do well. Last year they at least protected well and late in games could open some lanes for Ajayi. This year they have been a train wreak and now it's even worse with James out being he was the best of them all to this point.

Looking at our "young" talent this is what I see.

Positives:
    Tankersley - Shown very well as a raw rookie, not easy playing CB straight out of college.
    Godchaux - Agian been solid all season so far next to Suh, better than Phillips. Taylor isn't far behind him either.
    Harris - He can rush the passer with ease, run D needs alot of work though, still think he needs more snaps than Branch
    McCain - Has been really good in the slot, been our best CB all year

Negatives:
    Howard - I just don't see the progression, doing alot of the bad stuff he did as a rookie. Very handsy and that doesn't work in the NFL
    Tunsil - At this point I don't think he will ever be that great LT, might be better moving him back inside
    Drake - really like what I saw in his rookie season but now not as much, not holding onto the ball doesn't help matters
    Parker - He is just running lazy routes, not great to hear coaches say he isn't motivated when that is there job.

Past that we don't have any "young" talant. Branch, Alonso are looking like terrible resigns that we are stuck with - thank god Timmons went AWAL and got suspended so we can cut him next season as after he started off well he has been terrible.

Next season we need so much, it's going to take a few seasons to fix all these issues and IMO Tannenbaum needs to go. He hasn't made a single move or draft pick that has worked out so far. His best thing he has done is trade for William Hayes but then somehow ****ed that up by voiding the rest of a cheap contract.

Team is all around garbage from top to bottom. Guess Gase was not the answer, Tom Brady himself could not save this franchise and he's supposedly the best ever

Devante Parker is so embarrassing to watch

Positives
    Suh - monster but just expensive
    Matt Moore - great cheap backup
    Stills + Landry - studs and my favorite 2 players on the team
    Julius Thomas - biggest surprise of the season
    young CB core with good upside
    young DTs with good upside
    Harris will only get better
    Reshad Jones

the strength of the team right now is Suh and the trio of Stills, Landry, Thomas

Negatives
    no franchise QB
    the OL looks bad all the way across the board
    no RBs. when Drake is a starter thats bad
    no LBs. McMillan might be our best LB by default

Julius Thomas has been the biggest surprise for me but Kenny Stills also has been. I expected a dip once he got paid but he has only got better. on the flip side DVP has been the seasons biggest letdown. I hated him before the season but the preseason hype around him got me optimistic he was going to turn the corner finally.

cant wait until we resign Landry

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Team tried to go all in this year singing and dealing for Vet guys, and resigning all the guys from the year before but it's failed. Tried to go all in too soon and guys they picked up have just not produced. Doesn't help that the starting QB and two promising young parts of the D all went on IR before the season even started.

The entire OL regressing might be one of the biggest issues on the season, there isn't one thing they do well. Last year they at least protected well and late in games could open some lanes for Ajayi. This year they have been a train wreak and now it's even worse with James out being he was the best of them all to this point.

Looking at our "young" talent this is what I see.

Positives:
    Tankersley - Shown very well as a raw rookie, not easy playing CB straight out of college.
    Godchaux - Agian been solid all season so far next to Suh, better than Phillips. Taylor isn't far behind him either.
    Harris - He can rush the passer with ease, run D needs alot of work though, still think he needs more snaps than Branch
    McCain - Has been really good in the slot, been our best CB all year

Negatives:
    Howard - I just don't see the progression, doing alot of the bad stuff he did as a rookie. Very handsy and that doesn't work in the NFL
    Tunsil - At this point I don't think he will ever be that great LT, might be better moving him back inside
    Drake - really like what I saw in his rookie season but now not as much, not holding onto the ball doesn't help matters
    Parker - He is just running lazy routes, not great to hear coaches say he isn't motivated when that is there job.

Past that we don't have any "young" talant. Branch, Alonso are looking like terrible resigns that we are stuck with - thank god Timmons went AWAL and got suspended so we can cut him next season as after he started off well he has been terrible.

Next season we need so much, it's going to take a few seasons to fix all these issues and IMO Tannenbaum needs to go. He hasn't made a single move or draft pick that has worked out so far. His best thing he has done is trade for William Hayes but then somehow ****ed that up by voiding the rest of a cheap contract.
    Our DL has a ton of young talent in Harris, Godcheaux and Taylor. Need to add another young buck to the DE position cause Wake will eventually retire. Kiko is still relatively young, but the dude is getting eaten alive in coverage . . . he needed to stay at MLB, and the move has hurt bad. MacMillan is a true MLB and cannot, I repeat, cannot cover, so yes, we are stuck with Kiko on the outside. I really like Stephone Anthony as well. I'd love to know more as to why he is not getting more playing time, especially in coverage. He is our fastest LBer. He will be starting next year outside MacMillan and Kiko.

We are still young at WR, and the group is good. I really love Parker, but the stuff being said about him is very troubling. If we have to waste another high pick on a WR, that will suck. Carroo has already flamed out and we spent two picks on him.

Positives moving into the future:
    DL youth movement
    True thumper at MLB with MacMillan
    Our safety tandem is pretty solid, but both are more strong safety and we don't have a true FS.
    Tankersley is progressing rapidly
    Jesse Davis is a possible steal at OG for us
    Tunsil is and will be our future at LT
    Gase is still young and inexperienced as HC, has tons of room for improvement

Negatives:
    Future cap space
    Bad contracts

The only thing that gives me hope is that so many teams rebuilt their teams this offseason. I mean the best teams were able to get massive returns this year like the Vikings, Eagles, Saints and the Rams most notably. The only problem is I don't trust Tannenbaum to get the right players and I don't expect Gase to give the ok to tear everything down. He's too competitive to think that we need to completely rebuild.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast