Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

UCLA hires Chip Kelly as head football coach

Chip to UCLA for 5 years, 23 million. Chip loves the West coast. 8 clap!!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Well, he is a much more proven commodity at college football than he is in the NFL, so I can't say for sure that this is a bad hire right now. However, he is definitely going to a program where they will expect him to win soon, especially with that contract.

Rosen is 100% gone right? I mean, if it wasn't official before, it has to be now

The guy lost 7 games, I think it was that anyway, in 4 years at Oregon. Yeah this makes too much sense for UCLA.

As an Oregon fan I really don't want to have to face him in the Pac-12. I don't think he'll be as successful as he was at Oregon simply because what he did there was so revolutionary nobody was prepared for it, but now everybody has stolen his ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    As an Oregon fan I really don't want to have to face him in the Pac-12. I don't think he'll be as successful as he was at Oregon simply because what he did there was so revolutionary nobody was prepared for it, but now everybody has stolen his ideas.
    But it appears UCLA is "all in" for football, so he will have a lot more resources at his disposal as well.

exciting time to be an UCLA alum, go Bruins

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    But it appears UCLA is "all in" for football, so he will have a lot more resources at his disposal as well.
    paying Mora's 12 mil buyout and spending upwards of 65 mil for the Wasserman football facility I would there is increased interest in UCLA football now. the big time donors such as Casey Wasserman deserve a lot of credit of creating more interest in the team. Without them UCLA's ad Guerrero doesn't fire Mora or come close to hiring Kelly let alone building a state of the arc facility for our student athletes

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    He'll come up with some new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by hpt View Post
    He'll come up with some new ones.
    invisible helmets!