4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eagles by a lot

3 75.00%
  • Bears lose, but keep it close

1 25.00%
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Yea but Torrey Smith hasnít been much of a factor this year. So idk
    Yeah I'd imagine they'll just attack Fuller like every other team has.

Gotta be worried about Ertz though. He's a stud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgive me. I'm not looking to cause problems. I just wanted to let you know that since Torrey Smith has been pretty much of a bust and Jeffrey has been O.K. but not lights out this year, that Wentz likes to spread the ball around. His favorite target is probably Ertz and the other tight ends.
    Lately, they have been running the ball a lot more with Ajayi, Blount, and Corey Clement. In the last couple of weeks, they have been gaining around 200 yards per game on the ground. That is another reason why the receivers don't always have huge numbers. Wentz isn't a "scrambler" but he's a decent runner.
    On defense, the Eagles are the #1 team at stopping the run. They will look to do the same thing tomorrow and force Trubisky to beat them.
    Jake Elliot had a concussion last week against the Cowboys, forcing a linebacker to kick off. He even had a touch back. They had to go for 2 pointers after TD's. They made 3 of 4. Elliot is back but don't be surprised if Pederson goes for 2 at times.
    I don't believe that anybody is hurt enough to miss the game, except those who are already out for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Geez, can people stop with the Alshon ****? He didn't want to be here.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Exactly...unless the Bears gave him a ridiculous overpay he wasnt staying in Chicago. He just didnt want to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    Exactly...unless the Bears gave him a ridiculous overpay he wasnt staying in Chicago. He just didnt want to be here.
    Only way he was staying was by tagging him again, would've been around $17M.

The Bears offered him a market value extension (IIRC it was around $13M AAV) and he opted for a 1 year deal at under $10M. That kinda tells you he had no interest in staying.

Only way he was staying was by tagging him again, would've been around $17M.

The Bears offered him a market value extension (IIRC it was around $13M AAV) and he opted for a 1 year deal at under $10M. That kinda tells you he had no interest in staying.

Yeah, he is looking for a huge pay day and didn't feel like he would get the numbers here with Glennon, rightfully so. Plus he never really liked it here in Chicago.

He took less money to go to Philly and play with a great talent in Wentz and he still hasn't really played up to the level of a monster payday. He's only catching something like 47% of his targets and is again on pace for less than 1,000 yards. I'm glad Pace didn't overpay for him. He's a great talent, but he's not the guy you want as your #1 WR.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Yeah, he is looking for a huge pay day and didn't feel like he would get the numbers here with Glennon, rightfully so. Plus he never really liked it here in Chicago.

He took less money to go to Philly and play with a great talent in Wentz and he still hasn't really played up to the level of a monster payday. He's only catching something like 47% of his targets and is again on pace for less than 1,000 yards. I'm glad Pace didn't overpay for him. He's a great talent, but he's not the guy you want as your #1 WR.
    The league is moving toward receivers who make catches through separation, making it easier on the QB. Alshon is basically the opposite of that.

He's still a good player obviously and guy's like him have great value as red zone/third down options, but they can be limited in today's NFL.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Geez, can people stop with the Alshon ****? He didn't want to be here.

We literally made him the same one year offer if i remember correctly. He took someone else on a one year deal

If Hicks can't play at 100%, we might as well just get back on the plane. Without him, I can't see how we will create any pressure on Wentz.

Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    If Hicks can't play at 100%, we might as well just get back on the plane. Without him, I can't see how we will create any pressure on Wentz.

Especially without Floyd. Wentz is going to torch us. Without a pass rush the secondary is really going to get exposed. It's going to be ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    The league is moving toward receivers who make catches through separation, making it easier on the QB. Alshon is basically the opposite of that.

He's still a good player obviously and guy's like him have great value as red zone/third down options, but they can be limited in today's NFL.

I think Pace is especially high on crisp route running and timing from his days in New Orleans. It seems like it's easier to find a big body WR than it is to find an excellent route runner. Very curious to see what Pace does in free agency and the draft to get Mitch some weapons.

Go

McPhee / Kwit / Timu / Jones

At LB

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post

And the saints have continued that without pace as well. Michael Thomas is their best WR and his route running is phenomenal. I would always choose a guy that can get himself open through route running like Antonio Brown before a big slow jump ball catcher.

Trubiscuits and Biscuit Boyz CEO and Owner

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

We are so lucky to have Akiem Hicks.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

Hicks is the man ... nice first series by the D

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast