View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miami

0 0%
  • New England

0 0%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!

Week 12: Miami Dolphins (4-6) at New England Patriots (8-2)

Week 12

vs

Date: Sunday, November 26th, 1:00 PM EST
    TV: CBS

Click For More Stats

(2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Hopefully cooks doesnít wuss out or play soft.

I know... he's like Terry Glenn or Moss... big shot until the going gets tough then he's wearing a dress...

Sorry, I had to tell the truth, if a guy isn't willing to tear his ankle or knee to shreds like Bob Windsor did in 10/17/74, then he's a wuss, and should be released!!
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I know... he's like Terry Glenn or Moss... big shot until the going gets tough then he's wearing a dress...

Sorry, I had to tell the truth, if a guy isn't willing to tear his ankle or knee to shreds like Bob Windsor did in 10/17/74, then he's a wuss, and should be released!!
    You throw out comments about past players as if it makes you an expert, I saw Windsor's injury "live" but it has nothing to do with anything I said. I find it interesting how some posters have a need to talk about others to one another. Insecurity I suppose.

Parcells eventually said Terry Glenn was a winner, but he also referred to him as a "she" based on what he saw.

Here's a question for you Mr. Expert:

Was Parcells wrong?

Come on, tell "the truth".

Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post
    You throw out comments about past players as if it makes you an expert, I saw Windsor's injury "live" but it has nothing to do with anything I said. I find it interesting how some posters have a need to talk about others to one another. Insecurity I suppose.
    Yeah that's it... hang out your shingle, you're amazing! I post a lot on football, basketball and baseball, and am very much a lone wolf, not a joiner, maybe you should look around before you stick your foot in your mouth. Even here in our prior disagreements, I don't need assent from others to be justified when I call out moronic ideas, I can do that all on my own.

Parcells eventually said Terry Glenn was a winner, but he also referred to him as a "she" based on what he saw.
    Actually "she" came up in an interview about an injury to Glenn. Parcells was able to refer to the injury as "she", but also tease it to seem he was talking about Glenn too.

Here's a question for you Mr. Expert:

Was Parcells wrong?

Come on, tell "the truth".
    Glenn showed a huge amount of talent as a rookie, but also showed personal issues and on the field issues (lack of attention/prep, and lack of toughness)

At this point I don't see any serious connections between the two. We'll see as Cooks adds up more games.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Anyhow back to the thread... it mostly looks like another win, but, please keep a TE/RB around to chip or take Suh if he breaks through, that meathead is dangerous.

I miss Hogan, hope the rest is getting him set for the run into the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Yeah that's it... hang out your shingle, you're amazing! I post a lot on football, basketball and baseball, and am very much a lone wolf, not a joiner, maybe you should look around before you stick your foot in your mouth. Even here in our prior disagreements, I don't need assent from others to be justified when I call out moronic ideas, I can do that all on my own.

Actually "she" came up in an interview about an injury to Glenn. Parcells was able to refer to the injury as "she", but also tease it to seem he was talking about Glenn too.

Glenn showed a huge amount of talent as a rookie, but also showed personal issues and on the field issues (lack of attention/prep, and lack of toughness)

At this point I don't see any serious connections between the two. We'll see as Cooks adds up more games.
    LOL! Parcells didn't want Glenn and was angry when Grier shopped for the groceries the year he was drafted, he didn't call any injury "she", he called Glenn that. You're right though, SHE did show a "lack of toughness" which is why Parcells referred to him as a she. A Freudian slip trips you up in the same post. LOL! Another senior moment I guess.

As far as being a lone wolf....you'd like to make yourself out to be an alpha male, but you're not that when you have an obvious need for a reassuring snuggle with other posters, those same ones who think saying "Cooks is timid and faked making a great catch so he could look out of control and run out of bounds" is the same as TRADE HIM!!!

I'd like to see Cooks making more of a difference on 3rd down. Through week 11, he has by far, the worst 3rd down stats among players with at least 16 targets.

The stats receptions/targets: White 16/21, Gronk 15/17, Dola 14/21, Hogan 12/18

Cooks: 4/16

This obvious flaw in Cooks game could come back to haunt the Pats against good teams when the yards don't come easy. IMO, he needs to show more courage in the weeds.

I'd ****ing love it if Cooks could be that guy but he just isn't. He isn't the guy to do things that Edleman, Amendola, Welker do/did. But you know what, those aren't the guys to do what Cooks does. Unfortunately we're never going to field a team of perfect players in every aspect. It's about balance and complimentary skills sets.

You know how Cooks helps you on 3rd and 6? He backs that safety up a few yards that can be the difference between him coming down to stop White 1 yard past the marker instead of one yard before it. He's the guy who drags the safety outside a bit and open up a play for Gronk/Amendola in the intermediate middle area. The CB prioritizing getting a strong press on Cooks so he can't get downfield as quickly can open up a soft spot on the sidelines behind that CB in zone coverage.

If Cooks was a perfect player he wouldn't be here because NO would never traded a perfect player. He has holes in his game. That's life.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I'd ****ing love it if Cooks could be that guy but he just isn't. He isn't the guy to do things that Edleman, Amendola, Welker do/did. But you know what, those aren't the guys to do what Cooks does. Unfortunately we're never going to field a team of perfect players in every aspect. It's about balance and complimentary skills sets.

You know how Cooks helps you on 3rd and 6? He backs that safety up a few yards that can be the difference between him coming down to stop White 1 yard past the marker instead of one yard before it. He's the guy who drags the safety outside a bit and open up a play for Gronk/Amendola in the intermediate middle area. The CB prioritizing getting a strong press on Cooks so he can't get downfield as quickly can open up a soft spot on the sidelines behind that CB in zone coverage.

If Cooks was a perfect player he wouldn't be here because NO would never traded a perfect player. He has holes in his game. That's life.
    Look, I fully understand how the "deep Moss factor" can open up the underneath stuff but that's not what I'm talking about. IMO, there's a difference between making the catch and then going to the ground to protect yourself and going to the ground to protect yourself, before you make the catch, when it causes you to drop the ball. Some short pass plays the Pats have run do go to the ground by design, ones around the goal line for example, but it doesn't appear to be what Cooks is doing. Maybe I'm wrong but his "fake great catch" vs the Broncos reinforced what I thought I was already seeing from him. If I'm right, I have no doubt the Pats know this about him and will try to correct it, but in that case, if he isn't willing to "man up" and make the catch in traffic then he'll be a last resort in those situations. It's not as if they don't have other options but 4/16 on 3rd down targets speaks volumes about going to him. I also have no doubt other teams can see this stuff too because they aren't stupid, and that can help defenses game plan. The difference it'll make is TBD.

Let's hope he shows some stones and becomes more than just a speed guy. That's a good thing right?

I saw that Ebner fake coming. And... he's hurt :/
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Dorsett wide open, wow
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Boom TD, good start
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Good 3 and out start for the D
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

This team! Who do you even game plan for anymore. Every player on O has a purpose. Maybe not today maybe not next week but everyone does something. Itís insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast