Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who wins this SNF matchup?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Green Bay Packers

    0 0%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

    2 100.00%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 82
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    121,994
    Remember the GOAT GM of free agents John elway. The guy who's nuts everyone kissed. You'd want him fired right now.

    What about the cowboys great roster. What's their record?

    How about the raiders. What happened to the chiefs and all their stars and super fast and awesome draft picks. How they doing?

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    91,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Lol. Lately the Cardinals have beaten the 9ers in OT. Lost by 27 to Philly. Beat the awesome bucs by 5. Lost 33-0 to the Rams. Beat the 9ers again. Lost to Seattle and the Texans (who you said before the year was the worst team in football) and then some how beat the Jags.

    Jesus. I wish we could do that. Then we'd be awesome!!!

    Stop throwing this trash into all these posts.
    Lost to Philly/Rams/seattle... SHOCKING... The texans and 49ers are bad but they are playing well enough to beat us right now... Who was the texans QB when they beat them? The 49ers have played plenty of great teams tough this year as well... I hated the texans because of the QB they had remember? That same QB that is now on the broncos.

    Again Nobody falls off a cliff like we do when we lose our QB and nobody outside of a few teams is suppose to have the ALL AROUND TALENT THAT WE DO.... Then when rodgers goes down all that talent becomes trash... Maybe just maybe the talent that we overvalue isnt that great and we are blessed with our 2nd legendary QB and potential Goat QB.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    121,994
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Lost to Philly/Rams/seattle... SHOCKING... The texans and 49ers are bad but they are playing well enough to beat us right now... Who was the texans QB when they beat them? The 49ers have played plenty of great teams tough this year as well... I hated the texans because of the QB they had remember? That same QB that is now on the broncos.

    Again Nobody falls off a cliff like we do when we lose our QB and nobody outside of a few teams is suppose to have the ALL AROUND TALENT THAT WE DO.... Then when rodgers goes down all that talent becomes trash... Maybe just maybe the talent that we overvalue isnt that great and we are blessed with our 2nd legendary QB and potential Goat QB.
    We just lost to the #1 AFC seed on the road, by 3.

    Maybe you missed that.

    If we're the worst team who drops off more than anyone else, how did we do that?

    Luck, right?

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    91,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    We just lost to the #1 AFC seed on the road, by 3.

    Maybe you missed that.

    If we're the worst team who drops off more than anyone else, how did we do that?

    Luck, right?
    Jesus christ its like you dont realize this is the NFL and it happens... Texans lost to the patriots by 3... Bucs lost to the patriots by 5... The redskins lost to the red hot saints by 3 with a million injuries... The BROWNS lost to the steelers by 3 as well. Oh yea the the 49ers lost to the rams at rams by 2...

    THIS **** HAPPENS... We are horrid without rodgers and 1 great game that you were clearly waiting for as ammo doesnt take away from that.


    The bills last year beat down the 14-2 patriots in the regular season 16-0... The 5 win charger team last year beat the 11 win falcons..... But yo we finally played a good game against an opponent and played well lol.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    7,232
    I would be willing to bet anything that if Russell Wilson went down the Seahawks would go to total **** or if Matt Ryan went down the Falcons would be out of it.

    and I am tired of the Case Keenum argument, this is the same guy who last year when he was trash for St Louis was saying he was seeing phantoms on the field and everybody and their little brother blasted him about how trash he was. yes, he finally must have had something click but, the big difference between Keenum and Hundley is Keenum has played 36 total games in his career and Brett has 7 games and most of those were in garbage time.

    Hundley had a hell of a game last night and I really hope he will keep the momentum going

    RIP Gene Wilder

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    121,994
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Jesus christ its like you dont realize this is the NFL and it happens... Texans lost to the patriots by 3... Bucs lost to the patriots by 5... The redskins lost to the red hot saints by 3 with a million injuries... The BROWNS lost to the steelers by 3 as well. Oh yea the the 49ers lost to the rams at rams by 2...

    THIS **** HAPPENS... We are horrid without rodgers and 1 great game that you were clearly waiting for as ammo doesnt take away from that.


    The bills last year beat down the 14-2 patriots in the regular season 16-0... The 5 win charger team last year beat the 11 win falcons..... But yo we finally played a good game against an opponent and played well lol.
    Exactly.

    Any good performance we have is a fluke.

    Any bad one is who we are.

    No wonder you are never wrong. You rig the game so you can't be.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    121,994
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I would be willing to bet anything that if Russell Wilson went down the Seahawks would go to total **** or if Matt Ryan went down the Falcons would be out of it.

    and I am tired of the Case Keenum argument, this is the same guy who last year when he was trash for St Louis was saying he was seeing phantoms on the field and everybody and their little brother blasted him about how trash he was. yes, he finally must have had something click but, the big difference between Keenum and Hundley is Keenum has played 36 total games in his career and Brett has 7 games and most of those were in garbage time.

    Hundley had a hell of a game last night and I really hope he will keep the momentum going
    No nobody can ever be as bad as us and if they do it's just a fluke. We are worse. We could win out and it would be because sometimes bad teams win games. But they don't count. Only bad stuff counts because I need confirmation online of my stupid opinions because my ego is flawed.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    749
    Last night was kinda weird, we almost beat an 8-2 afc powerhouse on the road, without our RT, two RBs, and without a young stud Defensive linemen, and no Matthews. Finally a night where we showed we can have some depth step up at times.

    Goes without saying, we go as far as a healthy Rodgers takes us. And we prob win by 7-10 if he plays last night. Same goes for Nola Det Balt and Vikings games.

    Hundley has been bad and we shouldve done better backup qb wise. But its so hard to win when ur an offensive based team but don't have the guy who is the reason why ur an offensive based team. So i guess we shouldve planned better for the scenario of losing Rodgers. Sucks we didnt.

    The next 2 games will be telling. If we go 3-5 without AR, isnt that kinda accurate? I mean, how can you lose ur best player who plays the most impactful postion and be a winning team?

    As crew said, TT hasnt made any major win now moves. No big trades no big signings and no move up in the draft to get a higher ranked prospect. So his conservative roster for this 2017 season, projects to go 6-10 (if we beat TB and CLE) without an mvp QB, and projected to go 12-4 with that mvp QB.

    Its kinda a new way ive been looking at it. This rodgersless team is a team that has built its current core from bottom third of each round draft picks, and zero key Fa or trades that netted elite talent. How in gods name is that supposed to be a winning team you know?

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    91,921
    Except i gave them credit... Its the same stupid notions and optimism that have no factual evidence behind them that you guys spew... Its like that time the dude won and threw like 13 touchdowns against detroit.

    http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...ory_in_gr.html


    He went on to be a god right? One game does all that... The majority of the time Rodgers has gone down how have we looked? Whenever rodgers isnt in a game how have we looked? How has the team looked? You can hate case keenum arguments etc etc etc but there is so many other relevant times that other teams had a similar situation and did far better than we do. You cant sit here and go on for years about how loaded we are and how great we are at this position/coaching/GM and constantly hand out that kind of credit and then excuse it when we finally have the situation happen and the **** hits the fan.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Except i gave them credit... Its the same stupid notions and optimism that have no factual evidence behind them that you guys spew... Its like that time the dude won and threw like 13 touchdowns against detroit.

    http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...ory_in_gr.html


    He went on to be a god right? One game does all that... The majority of the time Rodgers has gone down how have we looked? Whenever rodgers isnt in a game how have we looked? How has the team looked? You can hate case keenum arguments etc etc etc but there is so many other relevant times that other teams had a similar situation and did far better than we do. You cant sit here and go on for years about how loaded we are and how great we are at this position/coaching/GM and constantly hand out that kind of credit and then excuse it when we finally have the situation happen and the **** hits the fan.
    Trust me i wish TT did more. The latest move being signing Aj Bouye who is balling out. He couldve had the balls to make that move and our secondary wouldve been much improved for sure.

    As for how we have looked, i mean first off, we have to look at the teams weve played...MIN NOLA DET.....all pretty solid teams. And we hung with Nola for majority of that game.
    Beat the bears, as we were supposed to. And prob should've beat the steelers.

    Thats why i said these next two games are telling. Cause we cant lose to teams that bad like TB and Cle. But i dont think losing to all these teams weve lost to is some huge indictment on us. Hundley vs two elite Ds, then our D vs elite QBs.
    Losing to chicago Tb or cle who have elite nothing would be the indictment on us.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,654
    He cites teams like Pitt winning without Big Ben. Landry jones is 2-2 as a starter with 2 wins over Cleveland.

    Take Wilson, stafford, ryan, newton, Brees or any elite qb off their team and none of them are playoff teams outside of possibly New England, who plays in a trash division.

    Look at teams like the eagles or Oakland. Last year, wentz was a mediocre starter and the eagles were 7-9. This year heís playing like a top 5 qb and they lead the conference. And Oakland is the opposite. They were considered a contender last year with Carr playing like a top 10 qb. This year heís not playing as well and they stink with almost an identical roster. And even the bad versions of wentz and Carr are starter caliber players. Replace them with even a middle of the road backup and those teams are 5 win teams.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    121,994
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    He cites teams like Pitt winning without Big Ben. Landry jones is 2-2 as a starter with 2 wins over Cleveland.

    Take Wilson, stafford, ryan, newton, Brees or any elite qb off their team and none of them are playoff teams outside of possibly New England, who plays in a trash division.

    Look at teams like the eagles or Oakland. Last year, wentz was a mediocre starter and the eagles were 7-9. This year heís playing like a top 5 qb and they lead the conference. And Oakland is the opposite. They were considered a contender last year with Carr playing like a top 10 qb. This year heís not playing as well and they stink with almost an identical roster. And even the bad versions of wentz and Carr are starter caliber players. Replace them with even a middle of the road backup and those teams are 5 win teams.
    It seems like we're only compared to NE. That's everyone. I get that's what you strive for but there's other realities in the NFL.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,658
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    He cites teams like Pitt winning without Big Ben. Landry jones is 2-2 as a starter with 2 wins over Cleveland.

    Take Wilson, stafford, ryan, newton, Brees or any elite qb off their team and none of them are playoff teams outside of possibly New England, who plays in a trash division.

    Look at teams like the eagles or Oakland. Last year, wentz was a mediocre starter and the eagles were 7-9. This year heís playing like a top 5 qb and they lead the conference. And Oakland is the opposite. They were considered a contender last year with Carr playing like a top 10 qb. This year heís not playing as well and they stink with almost an identical roster. And even the bad versions of wentz and Carr are starter caliber players. Replace them with even a middle of the road backup and those teams are 5 win teams.
    I've had this discussion before and I guess i'll say it again. Every single year a GM should be drafting a QB with upside. EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. The position is THAT important that a team needs to be finding the next gem. It's a win win, either you have your heir apparent or you have some excellent trade bait. How'd that work out for the Redskins with RG3 / Cousins? Or Dak / Romo? Oh...fantastic. It doesn't happen nearly often enough and I have no idea why. Teams like Miami sign Jay Cutler and Matt Moore when they just had 2-3 years to draft replacements to Tannehill while he was constantly injured.

    DRAFT. A. QB. EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. That's how you solve your riddle. And yes I like Hundley and was in here defending the man while the rest of you were dumping on him last week. It ain't him dragging this team down, it's the dumpster fire pass rush / defense, and for the most part the seive OL. Clay Matthews is a major hindrance to this organization whether he plays or he sits on the bench. It was a fun ride while it lasted, but we must move on from him as well as these other jokers like Ryan and find some real talent.
    Last edited by Superfly; 11-28-2017 at 04:58 PM.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,654
    And how do you develop guys if you take a qb every year? Do you keep 3 on the roster every year? In which case youíre cycling through qbs after their 2nd year? And what, are you throwing 5th rounders at them, or are you spending 2nds?

    The draft is already a crap shoot. Part of the reason ted has been pretty successful drafting in the mid to later rounds is because he traeats those picks like gold and doesnít just thrown them around.

    I get what youíre saying, but unless youíre drafting a qb in the 2nd round every year, you need time to develop them. So do you throw guys away if they havenít developed in 2 years? And guys need legit playing time to truly develop. You canít always give them that. Even look at Rodgers. He wasnít elite his first year as a starter. He was still getting used to playing in a true pro regular season game. Iíd rather do what we did, but maybe be more diligent and be willing to move on if the guy doesnít hit.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 11-28-2017 at 05:35 PM.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    29,752
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I hate the keenum argument and Iíve seen it a bunch. Keenum is playing like a very good qb at the moment. Itís not like heís game managing wins. Heís legit getting wins and playing like an above average qb at the moment. Plus, the vikes have like 2 good wins this year. Iíd like to see them play Atlanta and Carolina the next two games and see how they do in the playoffs.

    If anything, the jags and bortles arguement is better. Heís game managing wins that most starters could win.

    And should New England get rid of belicheck? Heís been there a long time too. Is he stale? I think the stale argument is the argument people like making cuz itís a convenient excuse. Did that team that played last night look stale? It didnít to me.
    Keenum argument is valid, maybe that's why you don't like it. He's an example of what good vs bad coaching looks like. And its not even just about offense with the Vikings, that roster is legit from top to bottom and most of that roster was built through the draft. TT is a good GM but he isn't god.

    Did you really just compare MM to BB? BB is still around cause he wins sb's damn near every year and his team goes out and wins double digit wins every year regardless of who they have on the roster.

    This team has shown flashes here and there but MM's play calling has been stale. Two of the TD's were complete blown coverage's by the steelers. Game shouldn't have been that close. You're just too afraid of change. Thinking a change at DC is all this team needs or some ****.
    Last edited by TheBigCheese12; 11-28-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •