Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who wins this SNF matchup?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Green Bay Packers

    0 0%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

    2 100.00%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 82 of 82
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    29,755
    I'd rather sign vets or QB's who turned out to be serviceable but just weren't the long term answer for a team to be our backup QB. Save the draft picks for other positions.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    29,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    We just lost to the #1 AFC seed on the road, by 3.

    Maybe you missed that.

    If we're the worst team who drops off more than anyone else, how did we do that?

    Luck, right?
    But got smoked the previous week by a mediocre at best Ravens team lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    It seems like we're only compared to NE. That's everyone. I get that's what you strive for but there's other realities in the NFL.
    What's funny is crew is the one who brought up BB and the Patriots first lol. And its not shocking that people like to compare us to the Patriots when you have Rodgers as your QB. When you have someone that damn special you expect more.

    People are so afraid of change its just funny to me.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    122,001
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    But got smoked the previous week by a mediocre at best Ravens team lol.



    What's funny is crew is the one who brought up BB and the Patriots first lol. And its not shocking that people like to compare us to the Patriots when you have Rodgers as your QB. When you have someone that damn special you expect more.

    People are so afraid of change its just funny to me.
    MTM brings up the Patriots 300 times a week. It's not about who did it first lately.


    And yes, they sucked against BAL, but they showed they CAN compete with real teams. If you are so amazingly pitiful, how does that happen? MTM says it's a fluke. Of course he does. He believes we're the worst roster in the NFL without Rodgerss.

    Who is scared of change anyways? I'm not scared of change. If we fired literally every single person employed by GB other than players, I would be stoked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    749
    I thought the vikings comparison was pretty awful. That team was complete crap for years. The favre year in 09 was flukey and almost completely favre enduced, and theyve been rebuilding since then, now finally starting to see the fruits of their labor.
    Ur talking about Spielman, a guy who drafted a bust left tackle kahlil a bust qb ponder and what looks to be a bust wr treadwell. So hes had plenty of recent misses.
    Also, his hand was forced. He traded up into the 1st multiple times, and benefited from drafting higher in each round. I think he had 3 first rounders one year and 2 another.
    TTs hand hasnt been forced yet. Thats why our roster is currently shaping up different than the vikings. They were in a half decade rebuild. We were winning a super bowl and going on a few playoff runs.

    But again, goes back to what i said in a previous post, hopefully how this season went starts to force TTs hand to make more aggressive moves. We clearly cant continue being 90% Rodgers reliant.


    I know its hard to ask for, and it reflects on TT and maybe Capers, but can you imagine this team with an elite level pass rusher and a shutdown corner. Most of the time you get that from drafting top 10-15 or you sign them. Tt hasnt had that and he hasn't done that. So theres the answer to all of this.....

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    91,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    MTM brings up the Patriots 300 times a week. It's not about who did it first lately.


    And yes, they sucked against BAL, but they showed they CAN compete with real teams. If you are so amazingly pitiful, how does that happen? MTM says it's a fluke. Of course he does. He believes we're the worst roster in the NFL without Rodgerss.

    Who is scared of change anyways? I'm not scared of change. If we fired literally every single person employed by GB other than players, I would be stoked.
    MTM doesnt bring up the patriots... MTM brings up just about every team that betters themself in any other way outside of just the draft...Eagles/Cowboys/Giants/Bears/Lions/Vikings/Patriots/Zona/Steelers/Redskins and the list could go on... Some work out and some dont but guess what they ****ing try and keep trying and most of those teams whom have better success or similar success dont have a QB close to ours outside of the patriots but those teams dont have a GM/coach with an ego the size of the stadium the superbowl gets held in who would rather keep doing the same **** over and over and over and rely on welp i am a winning coach as the fall back because they know they can toss in 30 rookies year after year while remaining the youngest team and Rodgers will get them in before we run into a buzzsaw when rodgers has even a slightly off game.... WE CANT WIN UNLESS HE IS ALMOST PERFECT and that **** wont fly in the playoffs esp in the NFC where the teams are loaded.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    91,946
    “[We] start looking into what it means, because what it means to take on a veteran player, it’s more than just the player,” Thompson said. “It’s how does the salary compare to other people on your team, and does this ruffle feathers, and all those other questions that maybe your average fan wouldn’t think to answer.”



    Na no reason to get the best available and improve because a player or 2 might be pissed they are making less than the new shiny free agent that will help them get a superbowl.... Gotta love this glorious nutless thinking right?

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    “[We] start looking into what it means, because what it means to take on a veteran player, it’s more than just the player,” Thompson said. “It’s how does the salary compare to other people on your team, and does this ruffle feathers, and all those other questions that maybe your average fan wouldn’t think to answer.”



    Na no reason to get the best available and improve because a player or 2 might be pissed they are making less than the new shiny free agent that will help them get a superbowl.... Gotta love this glorious nutless thinking right?
    Well hes somewhat right tho. Half the time high priced free agents down work out. I am so glad he didnt plunge at some of the names ive spewed out on these forums. Bryon maxwell malik jackson julius thomas etc.

    But at the same time i agree with you MTM. That cant be the excuse over and over. Theres gotta be a time where you get the balls and sign a big name guy who instantly solidifies a hole even if theres a chance it could backfire. Its a risk to sign a giy whos never been in ur locker room, but its also a risk to rely on rookies to fill major holes.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •