Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Week 12: Denver Broncos (3-7) vs Oakland Raiders (4-6)

Week 12

(3_ -_7)_______________________ (4_ -_6)

Denver_________Oakland

______@ __________

Sunday, November 25th, 2:25 PM MT/ 4:25 PM ET, CBS
    Oakland Coliseum, Oakland, California

TEAM LEADERS:

VS

PASSING:

Paxton Lynch - COMP 0 / ATT 0 / TD 0 / INT 0 / YDS 0
    Derek Carr - COMP 204 / ATT 319 / TD 14 / INT 8 / YDS 2191

VS

RUSHING:
    C.J. Anderson - ATT 139 / YDS 573 / AVG 4.1 / TD 2
    Marshawn Lynch - ATT 97 / YDS 390 / AVG 4.0 / TD 4

VS

RECEIVING:
    Demaryius Thomas - REC 53 / YDS 633 / AVG 11.9 / TD 3
    Jared Cook - REC 41 / YDS 535 / AVG 13.0 / TD 1

VS

TACKLES:
    Brandon Marshall - SOLO 48 / AST 21 / TOT 69
    TJ Carrie - SOLO 49 / AST 8 / TOT 57

VS

SACKS:
    Von Miller - SACKS 8.0 / FF 1
    Khalil Mack - SACKS 5.5 / FF 0

VS

INTERCEPTIONS:
    Aqib Talib - INT 1 / PD 6 / TD 1
    Karl Joseph - INT 0 / PD 3 / TD 0

VS

FIELD GOALS:
    Brandon McManus - ATT 17 / MADE 23
    Giorgio Tavecchio - ATT 12 / MADE 14

SPECIAL TEAMS RETURN:
    Broncos - KR ATT 27 / KR AVG 23.4 / KR TD 0 / PR ATT 29 / PR AVG 9.0 / PR TD 0
    Raiders - KR ATT 21 / KR AVG 23.1 / KR TD 0 / PR ATT 16 / PR AVG 5.4 / PR TD 0

Pirate Paxton vs the raiders. Should be fun??? Haha

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pass rush will not get there. It couldn't get there against Andy ****in Dalton and an o-line that was, rumored, to be in worse shape than ours. I mean...pass rush has never got there this season..what makes anyone think it will now? Against a good o-line? Nah.

So Carr will have all day to pass. Our run D will eventually get gashed with the pass setting up the run.

Then we have the circus that is the offense with Lynch out there.

Even against a Raiders defense that just isn't good..our offense has made literally anyone a good defense for a week.

We have Joseph practically encouraging his idiot QB to be....well an idiot. Bold strategy cotton... I did say all I wanted to see Lynch do the rest of the way was to make plays...but just to outright say "don't be a pocket passer" and "take off if it's not there" is not what you want to tell a kid that NEEDS to learn how to play QB.

We'll see I guess.

Haha bk I saw VJ say that and thought "dude he still needs to learn to stay in the pocket and allow his WRs to get open" lol I understand saying he kid don't force the ball and put all the pressure on yourself to make a throw, if the pocket breaks down, look down field while scrambling and if nothing is there, run.

VJ just might not be the answer at head coach

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't have any problem with it tbh. Rodgers, Wilson, Big Ben, Cam, Mariota, etc. all do their best work taking off and extending plays. Wilson took quite a while to become a good pocket passer.

Nah let the guy play to his strengths. Let him get confidence and get loose.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I don't have any problem with it tbh. Rodgers, Wilson, Big Ben, Cam, Mariota, etc. all do their best work taking off and extending plays. Wilson took quite a while to become a good pocket passer.

Nah let the guy play to his strengths. Let him get confidence and get loose.
    IDK why you'd be against it to be honest. Goal should be a last ditch effort to see what the guy has. You trade up for the guy in 1st, damn well knowing his faults because you loved his strengths coming out. You've gone all in. Why you wouldn't design the offense around those strengths is beyond me. The idea should've been to start simple and grow from there. Like the examples you provided other then maybe Ben. But if you sold out to draft him, you should've made a better attempt to make the offense fit him. You want a prototypical QB, great. Trading up for Lynch and expecting him the be that guy was like fitting a square peg in a circle though.

And I'm not a Lynch apologist. He's the biggest reason he's likely the biggest draft bust in Denver history. Immature and unprepared. But knowing the guy was a project mentally, who had succeeded relying on his athleticism and arm. Trying to force an offense on him that's over his head and limits his strengths, was probably a dumb idea. Especially when both coaching staffs aren't concerned with developing the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayne91 View Post
    IDK why you'd be against it to be honest. Goal should be a last ditch effort to see what the guy has. You trade up for the guy in 1st, damn well knowing his faults because you loved his strengths coming out. You've gone all in. Why you wouldn't design the offense around those strengths is beyond me. The idea should've been to start simple and grow from there. Like the examples you provided other then maybe Ben. But if you sold out to draft him, you should've made a better attempt to make the offense fit him. You want a prototypical QB, great. Trading up for Lynch and expecting him the be that guy was like fitting a square peg in a circle though.

And I'm not a Lynch apologist. He's the biggest reason he's likely the biggest draft bust in Denver history. Immature and unprepared. But knowing the guy was a project mentally, who had succeeded relying on his athleticism and arm. Trying to force an offense on him that's over his head and limits his strengths, was probably a dumb idea. Especially when both coaching staffs aren't concerned with developing the guy.
    Exactly. I mean Lynch compared himself to Cam Newton.... Cam still isn't and probably will never be a pure pocket passer. You're asking for failure if you want that from him at this point in his career, and that's not fair given his history as a QB in college and (As you mentioned) his strengths and weaknesses when he was drafted.

Obviously you want him to become a pocket passer, but week 12 of his sophomore season is not when you start developing that part of his game. That should be done by getting all the reps in OTA's, training camp, and the preseason next year IF and only if he shows the playmaking skills now that warrants that type of investment in him.

So let's see what Lynch has got. Is it worth spending any more time developing him? We'll see I guess. I'm one of the few that still believes he can be the guy. I think that a lot of the negative attention he's gotten has been unfair and in some cases, completely false because the media had picked their horse. I think the whole "Earning the job" argument is laughable based on the fact that there's very few examples of a rookie QB earning their job. I also think it's foolish to write a player off after 2.5 games.

That being said, everything is trending to him being a bust. If he is, then the Broncos themselves also deserve a fair share of the blame because of the choices that were made and the complete lack of desire to develop a young QB. But yes it appears he is immature and struggles with a playbook. If he's serious about being an NFL QB, my hope is that he fixed that.

We can get right back in the afc west race with a win. Let's go get it Paxton

Crabtree is a ****ing punk *****.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Haven't seen a fight like that in awhile.

Well, Hello There!

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotte, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Lynch so far has shown nothing.

Well, Hello There!

Mets Dieharder Since '63

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Lynch so far has shown nothing.
    Just threw a dime to Booker.

****!

I think it's safe to say Lynch isn't the answer.

Well, Hello There!

Mets Dieharder Since '63

Lynch is showing zippo......

Well, Hello There!

Mets Dieharder Since '63

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast