Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    from what i can remember LionsFanLOL and I were pushing for the Lions to draft Todd Gurley... now he's going crazy

also wanted us to get Zeke, Hunt, Fournette

smh
    I am sure if zeke or fournette were available when we were drafting we would have taken them...however since they went in the top 5 each of their years the argument is a moot point.

Hunt wouldn't be doing here what he is doing in KC and honestly after his flashy start he kind of simmered out quite a bit.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Plus, Bob Quinn will just draft a RB who ran a 4.8 and say he watched a lot of tape.

Itís not personnel, itís scheme.

Merry Christmas!

/forum

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Itís not personnel, itís scheme.

Merry Christmas!

/forum
    that's true too.

Abdullah would look a lot better on any other team lol

THE START OF A NEW ERA #I.Q.W.T

Abdullah would look really good in college, AKA the last time he had burst. His injuries have sapped his second level burst. Remember that run against Weddle a couple years ago, where he shook him in open field? He can't make dudes miss like that anymore. He only makes dude miss when they run in straight lines and he side steps them in the backfield. Abdullah right now reminds me a lot of Charles Sims in Tampa. Not only in terms of current talent, but also in terms of pre-NFL hype. Both guys are much worse than what everyone wants them to be in their heads. Has Abdullah ever had a back to back stretch of just solid games in his NFL career? The answer is no. It's not because of scheme (though, a better run scheme would help), it's more because he's just not good, and there's nothing that suggests otherwise. You can use sites like PFF (not my cup of tea), they'll tell you he's bad. Football Outsiders will tell you he's bad, regular counting stats will tell you he's bad, and the tapes will tell you he's bad. We've had 5 active RBs that I can re-call this season. Abdullah-Riddick-Washington-Zenner-Green. Abdullah, Riddick, and Washington have never been able to run between the tackles in any portions of their NFL Careers. Zenner is okay, but ideally he's a 3rd or 4th RB, and same with Green.

Our best RB is Tion Green. He falls forward and hits the obvious holes in the line. The fact that Tion Green is our best RB is an indictment on Bob Quinn, though. The guy who's had obvious holes at RB/interior DL/Pass rush for his 2 years as GM and has done nothing to deal with any of those issues.

I'd buy the fact that our personnel was decent, if they'd been that before, except none of them have been. Even good RBs that've been wasted for some seasons in the past like Gurley, DeMarco, Ingram, or AP at some points this season (although he's clearly washed up), you know they've at least been good before. Even dudes like Doug Martin who's scheme is eerily similar to ours, has been good before and is struggling as we speak. None of our RBs have been good before -- maybe decent, or good enough to get by, but simply put, not good. We've had poor run schemes before, and even washed up Reggie Bush and security guard Joique Bell were better then Ameer Abdullah, Theo Riddick, and whatever else they have active on game day.

This is more personnel than schematics. The next good RB we have will be the first one we've had this decade. You could go every RB we had during the Stafford era and cite schematic flaws that don't play to their strengths, but it's not like those dudes are succeeding elsewhere. There's a reason bums like Joique Bell and Reggie Bush didn't do **** for other teams after us. Same reason why Abdullah and Riddick won't either -- they're not good NFL RBs.

Reggie doesn't count, he shredded his knee like almost immediately after leaving us. Joique had buzz before he came here, there were some Saints fans bummed about losing him, not that the guy was a budding stud or anything, but he was sort of in the realm of PS cut casualty guys like the dude the Ravens picked up.

Riddick seems like a Belichick wet dream, goodbye Dion Lewis.

Not sure what to say about Abdullah, hard to argue his case, even though my stubborn *** still thinks he has value if someone would just utilize him. He's not a star, I'm not claiming him to be one lol, don't get me wrong on that front, but he can still make a guy miss and pick up some yards in open space. He showed it against the Bengals on a 3rd down misdirection pitch and a couple KO returns when we amazingly got the ball beyond the 15!

I don't want anything to do with Zenner. I kinda feel like I may be the one total detractor on him. He doesn't do anything.

I'd keep Riddick and Tion Green and cut everyone else from our backfield

So I am bored and since the Lion's season is pretty much over I figure why not do the dream wish list of 2018 draft.

1st Round Pick: Vita Vea DT, Christian Wilkins DT, Clelin Ferrell DE
    2nd Round Pick: Nick Chubb RB, Bryce Love RB, Kenyon Johnson RB
    3rd Round Pick: Marcus Davenport DE, Isaiah Wynn G/C/T, Braden Smith G

I went with Vita Vea because he is a Ngata clone and if we switch to a 3-4 standard defense which would be really easy to do with our current team Vea would be a great NT.

The other two speak for themselves high level defensive linemen

Nick Chubb is my preferred back the guy is a wrecking ball

I actually would like to see Wynn drafted he is a great left guard (Swanson leaves Glasgow can move to center) and could play T in the pros if it weren't for his size so he could be that guy that moves around for a game or two incase of injury.

Marcus Davenport may be a reach in the 3rd big kid from a small school in UTSA
    Last edited by garnotm; 12-26-2017 at 07:14 PM.

that's true too.

Abdullah would look a lot better on any other team lol

No, we've been through this. AA sucks at football. He legit sucks. No matter what team takes him, he won't produce. He sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    No, we've been through this. AA sucks at football. He legit sucks. No matter what team takes him, he won't produce. He sucks.
    Patriots would find a way to make him look good.

from what i can remember LionsFanLOL and I were pushing for the Lions to draft Todd Gurley... now he's going crazy

also wanted us to get Zeke, Hunt, Fournette

smh
    I caught on late (Jeff Risdon on twitter is good for draft stuff) but I liked Hunt too. To be fair I also thought that Jeremy McNichols would be good too. Whoops.
    '
    Totally agree with garnotm on Nick Chubb. You want a power back, he is your guy. Damien Harris from Alabama could be a big riser too and he has been primarily the backup to Bo Scarbrough. Derrius Guice has a nice mix of power/speed but injuries are a concern. He could be a stud if healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    Patriots would find a way to make him look good.
    Patriots don't take RBs who can't run routes or break tackles. Definitely don't like RBs that've had fumble trouble. BB might let him hold a clipboard? He does use quite a few interns.

Quote Originally Posted by Zspooner View Post
    Patriots don't take RBs who can't run routes or break tackles. Definitely don't like RBs that've had fumble trouble. BB might let him hold a clipboard? He does use quite a few interns.
    hater

THE START OF A NEW ERA #I.Q.W.T

Quote Originally Posted by Zspooner View Post
    Nah, he would drop the clipboard and sprain an ankle bending over to pick it up.

hater
    I do hate bad professional football players that people think are great. Unfortunately the Lions have more of those than I'd like to admit.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast