Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

2018 Draft thread

Need to add talent. Bpa every round. No keepers on this teen.

Fire Caldwell week 15
    2014 Prediction Game Champion

Fire Quinn.

1. Stafford is not the most valuable player in the NFL, but he could have easily added a ton of picks for him. He got outplayed today by Case Keenum.

******** for people like Rocket **********

That does not mean I think Stafford is the ONLY reason we lost. That does not mean that I think Stafford is a backup.

2. The D-Line was a GIANT and obvious concern after last season and he did absolutely nothing to address that. Having no pass rush and run stuffing abilities is killing this team's chances more than anything else.

3. He continues to employ Jim Bob.

And fire Caldwell, who continues to let Jim Bob run the offense. If JC doesn't have the power to change the offense, then he's a terrible head coach.

Move the franchise to Montreal. Discontinue the draft and remove cap limits and let each team decide who they will pay coming right out of college.

I say we don't fire Quin, but that's just because I think any GM should be given about 3 years to try and get things together. In even half okay with 4 years, but I'll ***** a ton about it during that fourth year.

SOL so I suppose it doesn't matter much . Let's put up a bunch of wins and make it look like we can capture a wild card. Let's **** it up in week 17. Gimme some more of what burns my blood and makes me a lion fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Zspooner View Post
    Move the franchise to Montreal. Discontinue the draft and remove cap limits and let each team decide who they will pay coming right out of college.
    Canada wants a good team. Not the Bills or the Lions.

any QBs worth 28 mill comeing out?

Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner

If Ansah didn't bust this team would be a whole lot different tbh. Fix the D-Line and draft a HB and this team will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    If Ansah didn't bust this team would be a whole lot different tbh. Fix the D-Line and draft a HB and this team will be good.
    It doesn't matter who's playing HB if the pay calling stays the same. Jim Bob needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    It doesn't matter who's playing HB if the pay calling stays the same. Jim Bob needs to go.
    Not true. Lions don't have a HB worth respecting so why would the defense bother trying to stop it? Put a half way decent back in there and the playbook changes and things open up.

Not true. Lions don't have a HB worth respecting so why would the defense bother trying to stop it? Put a half way decent back in there and the playbook changes and things open up.
    I disagree.

Look at it from a fantasy football perspective. A lot of teams have legit starters go down with injuries. A lot of times, you can run out and plug in their backups and still get a great score.

The Lions on the other hand, consistently get terrible results from their running backs, no matter who they are.

Its not a case of having absolutely terrible backs year in and year out, its a case of running a pass-first system that kills the run game.

If you were a D coordinator going up against this team, you'd make sure that most of your defenders were lined up within 5 yards from scrimmage. Because thats where the majority of plays go. So if youre defending a 2 yard pass and the Lions decide to run, your pass defenders are already in position to stop the run. Its a stupid system and has been for years. It produces volume passing numbers...easily defendable & utterly unreliable.

Luckily this draft is pretty loaded from the RB spot and pass rushers are not limited either. Bradley Chubb would be ideal for us in the first round, though we are probably not picking high enough for him at this point. Nick Chubb from Georgia would be a power back we need on day 2. Dude just does not go down on first contact.

They could always just spend the money and bring Le'Veon Bell home too, if the Lions need a true #1 back. I am not sure if I want to commit large amounts of money to a running back but that option is there too.

I disagree.

Look at it from a fantasy football perspective. A lot of teams have legit starters go down with injuries. A lot of times, you can run out and plug in their backups and still get a great score.

The Lions on the other hand, consistently get terrible results from their running backs, no matter who they are.

Its not a case of having absolutely terrible backs year in and year out, its a case of running a pass-first system that kills the run game.

If you were a D coordinator going up against this team, you'd make sure that most of your defenders were lined up within 5 yards from scrimmage. Because thats where the majority of plays go. So if youre defending a 2 yard pass and the Lions decide to run, your pass defenders are already in position to stop the run. Its a stupid system and has been for years. It produces volume passing numbers...easily defendable & utterly unreliable.

NFL does not equal fantasy. And if the Lions HB were good and it was the offense, please show me 1 HB that found success somewhere else. There aren't any. Lions are inept at identifying NFL caliber HBs. Lions can't run the ball and defenses know it. They ignore play action which causes a ripple down effect.

NFL does not equal fantasy. And if the Lions HB were good and it was the offense, please show me 1 HB that found success somewhere else. There aren't any. Lions are inept at identifying NFL caliber HBs. Lions can't run the ball and defenses know it. They ignore play action which causes a ripple down effect.
    Im not saying our RBs have been amazing. But playcalling certainly does factor in.

I would look at it the other way. Would Abdullah have a higher YPC on other teams?

Im not saying our RBs have been amazing. But playcalling certainly does factor in.

I would look at it the other way. Would Abdullah have a higher YPC on other teams?

No because he sucks

We need to trade for a Suh-like player a tackle. Who commands a double team & can lead us.

Draft to upgrade our Oline in the first two rounds. Rounds three & 4 should be WR & DB
    ^^ currently playing^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast