Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    A lot of rumblings that the Lions might go offensive line in round 1.

What would you guys think about that?

I think the fact that Detroit has been mocked so many different positions bodes well for them if they want to trade back, or out of round 1. Could scare a lot of teams into thinking the Lions might take their guy.

Or it could actually be a bigger benefit to Dallas, as teams will be trying to leapfrog Detroit instead.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post

Wouldn't be surprised if its the G out of Utep...he rarely gets mocked ahead of the Lions pick.

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if its the G out of Utep...he rarely gets mocked ahead of the Lions pick.
    Well wait for week of the draft then we should know. In 2016 almost all the experts had Decker pegged for Lions week of the draft. Last season leading up to the draft many had Jarrad Davis pegged to the Lions. The 2nd round onwards was random players though. In 2016 AShawn falling to us in the 2nd and us taking Graham in the 3rd were shockers. In 2017 the Teez pick shocked many and some people asked who Kenny Golladay was when we took him in the third. So 1st rounder likely won't be someone shocking but 2nd and 3rd round could get interesting.

Will Hernandez will do well here as a power run guard who tested more athletically than the draft community initially thought prior to the combine. Supposedly the current talk is that teams could pass on guards in the first due to the depth of the interior o-line draft this year (Nelson, Hernandez, Corbett, Wynn, Price, Cole, Ragnow etc). Maybe Nelson has a DeCastro fall this year Other than that I can see the Lions waiting. As usual it all depends on how the board sorts itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Will Hernandez will do well here as a power run guard who tested more athletically than the draft community initially thought prior to the combine. Supposedly the current talk is that teams could pass on guards in the first due to the depth of the interior o-line draft this year (Nelson, Hernandez, Corbett, Wynn, Price, Cole, Ragnow etc). Maybe Nelson has a DeCastro fall this year Other than that I can see the Lions waiting. As usual it all depends on how the board sorts itself out.
    Nelson has bust written all over him. Nelson's hype reminds me of the Chance Warmack hype. How did Warmack turn out?
    Go Dodgers Go Michigan State Go Lions Go Cavaliers

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfin View Post
    Nelson has bust written all over him. Nelson's hype reminds me of the Chance Warmack hype. How did Warmack turn out?
    Not saying you are wrong but I am genuinely curious what about him suggests bust to you? Is it the media hype? Tape and workout/combine performance say he is the real deal. Obviously there is no guarantee for any player (otherwise Warmack, Mandarich etc would be studs) but everything I have seen about him suggests safe.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Not saying you are wrong but I am genuinely curious what about him suggests bust to you? Is it the media hype? Tape and workout/combine performance say he is the real deal. Obviously there is no guarantee for any player (otherwise Warmack, Mandarich etc would be studs) but everything I have seen about him suggests safe.
    I don't know just a feeling I have. Every once in a while one of these can't miss guys gives me a bad vibe. I am getting the same feeling about Nelson I had when Warmack was getting all the hype. Every time I hear once in a life time talent on the OLine they flop epically (Jason Smith coming out of Baylor, Tony Mandarich which is before my time but everyone knows it by now since Packers picked him over Barry and Deion, Matt Kalil he was hyped up as the best T prospect in years in 2012) Its more of a feeling then anything. Not sure why some of these guys failed and not saying Nelson will fail but I just get the feeling he isn't going to be all hes cracked up to be. I think Nelson will end up having a Robert Gallery type career. Gallery was pegged as an amazing offensive line prospect can't miss guy and ended up being a solid player but wasn't the dominating All-Pro player he was suppose to be.

Kerryon Johnson, RB, Auburn

Round 1: D-Line
    Round 2: Ronald Jones

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    I would approve but zero chance Jones lasts until our 2nd imo.

It would all depend on who was left on the board...Via, Payne, Bryan, Davenport should be the primary picks. If they are all gone then I would not mind seeing the lions go to one of the guards like Price or Hernandez as options for the OLine if none of the D-linemen are available. I think this becomes one of those times when trading back would be the best option and pick up another 2nd round pick.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

I think I would be happy with this kind of draft if we traded back and focused on the Oline first

Round 2 Pick 2 (NYG): Price, Billy, C/OG, Ohio State (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 19: Phillips, Harrison, DT, Stanford (A)
    Round 2 Pick 25 (TENN): Green, Rasheem, DE, Southern California (A)
    Round 3 Pick 2 (NYG): Hurst, Hayden, TE, South Carolina (A)
    Round 3 Pick 18: Chubb, Nick, RB, Georgia (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 17: Cain, Deon, WR, Clemson (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 16: Clapp, Will, C/OG, LSU (B)
    Round 7 Pick 19: Roberts, Stephen, FS, Auburn (A)
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    I see what you're saying, but you can't just pidgeon-hole yourself into one position group with your 1st pick.

cheesy dad jokes
    Last edited by CakeOrDeath; 04-23-2018 at 06:29 PM.

Honestly I might be happier with Guice in Round 1 if it means we get Harrison Phillips in round 2 who I prefer to the Round 1 DT options. As opposed to Round 1 DT and Round 2 RB.

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast