Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Female Royal Rumble

There have been rumblings (see what I did there) that these recent call ups of women wrestlers could be because they are going to have a female royal rumble at the royal rumble ppv. Thoughts? I'm not a fan of it myself.

A battle royal maybe, but I can just see the fans losing interest real quick with one female coming out at a time and having say a 15 female RR and the match is 30 minutes or so. Hopefully they will have to go over the top rope at least and not thru the second rope.

I think it would be cool. You could have former woman return as surprise entrants too. This match they can use to take asuka and have her just eliminate and destroy everyone. Hopefully the winner could pick the raw or smackdown champ.

I don't think its a bad idea female wrestlers have been putting on good matches lately and its one way to
    get more younger female fans to join and watch more.

I think it'll be a ******** itself but I am fine with it if they have one. Could only do like 20 women though.

Rumor is that it will happen, and there will be a heavy push around it that we are seeing already with the massive NXT call-ups despite that division taking massive hits already over the past 18 months. Of course, like the MITB match, they are going to go heavy at promoting it as the "first ever" event.

However, the rumored ending surrounding it is that this is just a vessel to make Rousey/Charlotte happen at WM. While not on the same level as having Ellsworth win the MITB briefcase for Carmella, they are as tone-deaf as ever, and with the work these women have put in across the board, they deserve not to have this event be about a has-been MMA fighter.

You don't have to have Ronda win or even be in it.

Wrestlemania is like six hours now so there's probably going to be three women's matches. Asuka could win the rumble and face Alexa/Paige for the title and could still do horsewomen vs horsewomen.
    Fan of Red sox , Chicago bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I think it'll be a ******** itself but I am fine with it if they have one. Could only do like 20 women though.
    agree. it'll be trash, but WWE is pushing this women's movement so i expect it. hope it doesnt water-down the real rumble

That's what I'm afraid of. I can't imagine it being more than 30 minutes, that is too much really. My guess is they will do 15-20 in the rumble and they will come out every 60 seconds. So if they did 20 and came out every minute and have the match end around 5 minutes after the last entrant that would make it around 25 minutes. I would imagine they will have a few surprises in the rumble as well like Beth Phoenix, Kelly Kelly etc.

It would have to be a short match. Because in the men's RR, so many guys lay near the ropes so the action is focused in the middle but you can't do that in the women's RR since you can roll them out and it's an elimination and it'd be awkward to say like they have to go through the 2nd rope at least to be eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    It would have to be a short match. Because in the men's RR, so many guys lay near the ropes so the action is focused in the middle but you can't do that in the women's RR since you can roll them out and it's an elimination and it'd be awkward to say like they have to go through the 2nd rope at least to be eliminated.
    will that be the rule for sure? I think they'd change it 2nd rope. top rope might be too dangers, and bottom rope would be so bootleg.

It makes sense to do a female Rumble.

I agree with my main man Raps that it would have to be a short match. You can't have a 60-90 minute men's Rumble and another long Rumble on the same card. It's overkill.

I also think it would be smart to switch up the female Rumble to some degree. It doesn't have to be the same exact type of match. Have them enter two at a time or something different to make it fresh.

this is a catch 22 i think

do the women deserve this?

yes

should the women have the same opportunity and matches as men?

yes

Do i want to watch this?

HELL NO

im just not interested. 2 Rumbles in one night might be over kill and its my favroite most look forward to event of the year. More than mania. Love how I have no idea whose coming out next, the surprises

Theres just something really cool for Royal Rumbles for me

I wouldnt mind on the go home show of RAW to do a womens royal rumble as an appetizer to the mens

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    will that be the rule for sure? I think they'd change it 2nd rope. top rope might be too dangers, and bottom rope would be so bootleg.
    Well I'm only assuming. But it's pretty awkward to have it over the 2nd rope only.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    this is a catch 22 i think

do the women deserve this?

yes

should the women have the same opportunity and matches as men?

yes

Do i want to watch this?

HELL NO

im just not interested. 2 Rumbles in one night might be over kill and its my favroite most look forward to event of the year. More than mania. Love how I have no idea whose coming out next, the surprises

Theres just something really cool for Royal Rumbles for me

I wouldnt mind on the go home show of RAW to do a womens royal rumble as an appetizer to the mens
    Lets hope there's some nip slipping lol.

I dont want it. Most of the women are pretty bad wrestlers to begin with and I can only imagine the botches that would happen in this match. The women's survivor series match was horrible, as was the women's MITB which I didnt really like.

Sure if they want to do a trial of it this may be the year to do it... personally Im fine with the women getting their moment, but I think your going to water down the men's Rumble match.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast