Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Lions claim pass rusher Dwight Freeney off waivers.

Cut by the Seahawks, Freeney went through Waivers and we got him. No word on who will be cut to open up a spot for him.

Reunited with Jim Caldwell, Freeney now is the best pass rusher on the Lions (sadly). Though he's only good for strictly pass rush situations, he's been productive in that role the past couple seasons, and I anticipate more of the same here. No word on if he'll be available tomorrow (yet).

just saw this and sprinted to PSD haha, is he still any good? Name recognition made me happy

Anything can help this terrible pass rush. Very happy...even if he is 78 years old. His age makes him a great replacement for Ziggy then?

As a situation pass rusher he should be good for us. Anything to get to the qb.

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    just saw this and sprinted to PSD haha, is he still any good? Name recognition made me happy
    Only in pass rush situations, but yeah he still provides a quality rush. In 4 games as a situational pass rusher for Seattle, he had 3 sacks. Doesn't sound like much, but keep in mind, he's just a situational rusher. According to Pro football reference, he's only played over 50% of the snaps in a game one time this year out of four games (hit 51%, just barely over 50). In the last 2 seasons (full season with ATL and 4 games with Seattle) he's sat at around 35-40% of snaps. He's not close to elite anymore, but as a situational guy, the Lions probably can't do much better than him (plus the cost is really low, so that's nice). Outside of Zettel and Ansah, I hardly know who any of the Lions ends are, so I assume he'll probably get quite a few snaps whenever they begin to use him.

Ansah plays run downs (he's been pretty good at setting the edge imo, though I do not know what stats would say) and Freeney in on 3rd downs to get to the passer. Everyone wins!

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    you sprinted somewhere that you were already at? acid man

THE START OF A NEW ERA #I.Q.W.T

Its a good addition. I feel like if they can figure out the logistics and whatever that heíll play tomorrow. He literally just does the same thing every time. He rushed the qb and makes one of two moves. But heís still great at those two moves. He will be a welcome addition to the rotation, even if itís just for a handful of snaps per game