Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Giants at Washington

Sorry for the weak thread, doing this on phone while on vacation this week...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eli Apple is a healthy scratch again. MacAdoo called the move a "coach's decision."

It's never good when the number 10 pick in the draft is passed over by Cockrell and Deayon on the depth chart.

Yeah, I'm so torn on whether or not Ben should keep his job right now, which I wouldn't have thought possible saying out loud 2 or 3 weeks ago. You normally see teams responding like this quickly after a midseason fire, but the fact that he turned some things around, took back some control of the locker room and they started looking like they want to win again is definitely impressive.

Another Engram drop. Terrible game from him today. And the fact that the other receivers have been ineffective doesnít help.

That was by far the worst offensive performance in a half of football that iíve ever seen. Prior to that last offensive drive that resulted in an INT, Giants had 20-something yards of total offense after halftime, 0 first downs and their only TD came on a pick six. Fkn brutal.
    Last edited by Armo_NYG_fan; 11-24-2017 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armo_NYG_fan View Post
    That was by far the worst offensive performance in a half of football that iíve ever seen. Prior to that last offensive drive that resulted in an INT, Giants had 20-something yards of total offense after halftime, 0 first downs and their only TD came on a pick six. Fkn brutal.
    Well, sure, but you have a declining QB on a mediocre unit to begin with, take away their three starting WRs, have them start an OL with three backup players at best, knowing that even the two remaining starters are average at that on their better days, factor in a disappointing performance from their most competent offensive weapon left, and this is about what you'd expect to see.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    Eli Apple is a healthy scratch again. MacAdoo called the move a "coach's decision."

It's never good when the number 10 pick in the draft is passed over by Cockrell and Deayon on the depth chart.
    I believe Eli Apple was one of the guys publically speaking about the team having no clue on what to do. He seems like the type to say McAdoo has lost the locker room but would never mention that he plays corner with his back to the ball on most throws in his direction.

I don't have a problem with the healthy scratch but I thought coach McAdoo should've came out to check on Deayon when he got hurt....same with Grant.. coach has no relationship with his players.

Yeah, I'm so torn on whether or not Ben should keep his job right now, which I wouldn't have thought possible saying out loud 2 or 3 weeks ago. You normally see teams responding like this quickly after a midseason fire, but the fact that he turned some things around, took back some control of the locker room and they started looking like they want to win again is definitely impressive.
    Personally I don't think he's taking back control of the locker room. I think Eli's speak got the team to play better. Spags has to defense respect....if the Giants fired him today, I would have a problem with it....make Spags the interim HC. But if they let him finish the season, I wouldn't have a problem with that either....he's already made a strong case that he's not our man going forward.

Another Engram drop. Terrible game from him today. And the fact that the other receivers have been ineffective doesnít help.
    Another reason McAdoo is not the right man for the job. He's not in tune with his WR coaches....all of his receivers drop to many passes but yet he blames Eli for being a sloppy QB.

The offense has performed like **** for the last two seasons under McAdoo. The defense has been solid so I wasn't surprised at our lack of offense in this game.

Well, sure, but you have a declining QB on a mediocre unit to begin with, take away their three starting WRs, have them start an OL with three backup players at best, knowing that even the two remaining starters are average at that on their better days, factor in a disappointing performance from their most competent offensive weapon left, and this is about what you'd expect to see.
    That's an excuse....I think we should keep Eli out of this discussion. He only looks declining because the Oline can't block and his starting WR's and back WR's can't ****ing catch. But still....it's Eli's fault in McAdoo's eyes. WRONG

I really like the fact that coach Parcells has been commenting on the team lately. He's brutally honest and I respect his comments. He said the thing he loves about the NY Giants his Landon Collins....and he's right. He plays like a Giant.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    Personally I don't think he's taking back control of the locker room. I think Eli's speak got the team to play better. Spags has to defense respect....if the Giants fired him today, I would have a problem with it....make Spags the interim HC. But if they let him finish the season, I wouldn't have a problem with that either....he's already made a strong case that he's not our man going forward.

That's an excuse....I think we should keep Eli out of this discussion. He only looks declining because the Oline can't block and his starting WR's and back WR's can't ****ing catch. But still....it's Eli's fault in McAdoo's eyes. WRONG

I really like the fact that coach Parcells has been commenting on the team lately. He's brutally honest and I respect his comments. He said the thing he loves about the NY Giants his Landon Collins....and he's right. He plays like a Giant.
    I think Eli himself said Ben is the one who asked him to do make that speech. It wouldn't sound like Eli to suddenly become vocal like that, and regardless of how important the speech was, it's still good coaching on Ben's part knowing who your players need to hear from and what.

As for Eli, no, he may look worse because the OL is not helping, but he definitely showed decline. Starting from last year. It's not necessarily about whose fault it is, it's just what it is, he's soon-to-be 37 years old. Nothing wrong in accepting the reality of it.

Eli is declining, as most would at his age.

Problem is that as older qbs like Eli decline in their twilight years other teams surround them with a lot of help - strong OLs, sound running games and solid receivers. Eli doesnít have any of that right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.