Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Yeah but "all we have is women saying xyz", so funny which of these matter to you to post and which don't.....partisan hackery.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Yeah but "all we have is women saying xyz", so funny which of these matter to you to post and which don't.....partisan hackery.
    Special is what happens when Propaganda becomes a person.

with this one new woman yes, overall with Conyers no. overall we have more evidence with Conyers including a known settlement. this is not really a comparable situation based on details.

so lets investigate what this woman said. lets find out if this woman had motive to lie, or lets find out if/what Conyers knows about Chandra Levy. Levy is someone that was murdered. I think I remember in other threads a death taking more importance over everything else right, so if Conyers did say her name then that automatically puts this to the front of the line ahead of anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Special is what happens when Propaganda becomes a person.
    nice!

they do need a like button on this site

Plus as Roy Moore's spokesperson said, there's all these women who aren't accusing him of anything. There's like 99.99999999999999999999999999999% of the population who haven't accused Conyers, Moore, or Franken. So I mean...innocent.

Reports are that there will be no special election for this seat. So the people of Conyers' district will lack representation for nearly a half term. If that's not a metaphor for how the GOP sees black people, I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Reports are that there will be no special election for this seat. So the people of Conyers' district will lack representation for nearly a half term. If that's not a metaphor for how the GOP sees black people, I don't know what is.
    Stop that ********. Race has absolutely nothing to do with this.

Yup, they donít need representation, bet you if it was a GOP held district, they would surely be a special election because they could count on that vote. They know the dem would win so, as long as nobody is there, they canít vote against their agenda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Then why will Governor Rick Snyder not be having a special election? The seat will now sit empty for a year plus. They people of that district now have zero representation in the House.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    with this one new woman yes, overall with Conyers no. overall we have more evidence with Conyers including a known settlement. this is not really a comparable situation based on details.

so lets investigate what this woman said. lets find out if this woman had motive to lie, or lets find out if/what Conyers knows about Chandra Levy. Levy is someone that was murdered. I think I remember in other threads a death taking more importance over everything else right, so if Conyers did say her name then that automatically puts this to the front of the line ahead of anything else.
    Careful there! You keep spinning that fast and youíre liable to get dizzy and fall over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Why is Trent Franksí seat going to have a primary in February and general election in April?

this doesn't have to do with race.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...208-story.html

Special election to replace Rep. John Conyers in Michigan set for November 2018
    Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder has scheduled a November 2018 election to replace disgraced Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., a decision that will leave much of Detroit without representation in Congress for nearly a year.

"Having ample time for candidates to make a decision about running for office and file their paperwork gives people more options as to who will next represent them in Congress," Snyder, a Republican, said in a statement. "In order to allow several months for that to take place and to reduce the financial burden on local taxpayers, the primary and general elections will be held when regularly scheduled elections are already occurring."

The 88-year-old Conyers, who served in Congress for 52 years, stepped down Tuesday after multiple former aides accused him of sexual misconduct.

Michigan's constitution gives the governor free rein over the date of special congressional elections. In July 2012, after Rep. Thaddeus McCotter, R-Mich., unexpectedly quit his re-election bid, Snyder also opted to put the election to replace him on the November ballot. In 2018, as in 2012, the winner of the November election will be seated for the final weeks of the current Congress; the same day, an election will be held for a full term.

Snyder's decision will deprive the 13th district, safe Democratic territory centered in Detroit, of a voice in Congress through most of next year. That absence, coupled with the absence of former Rep. Tim Murphy, R-Pa., and the looming retirements of Reps. Patrick Tiberi, R-Ohio, and Trent Franks, R-Ariz., lowers the threshold for passage of bills in the House from 218 to 215, if every member serving is present.

The Michigan 11th District's vacancy will be the decade's longest so far. The previous record was held in New York, where Rep. Eric Massa, a Democrat, resigned his seat in March 2010 after a sexual harassment scandal, and then-Gov. David Paterson, a Democrat, scheduled the special election to replace him for November.
    when they do schedule a special election is it not better/fair to have the date well enough into the future to allow for a campaign?
    I don't know how this compares with everyone involved, but the special election in Alabama because of Jeff Sessions wasn't for awhile.

A special election for the United States Senate in Alabama is scheduled for December 12, 2017, to fill a vacancy in the Senate arising from the resignation on February 8, 2017, of Jeff Sessions, to serve as U.S. Attorney General.
    United States Senate special election in Alabama, 2017 - Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United..._Alabama,_2017

I am trying to understand what people wanted the governor to do? He could have been a partisan hack and filled the seat with a Republican and then not held a special election until next fall.

seriously, which would have been better? not to mention that special elections are a waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    I am trying to understand what people wanted the governor to do? He could have been a partisan hack and filled the seat with a Republican and then not held a special election until next fall.

seriously, which would have been better? not to mention that special elections are a waste of money.
    Have a special election and allow the people to get representation. It's that simple. They are entitled to representation in congress.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567