Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Democratic rep John Conyers accused of sexual harassment

Link

https://www.buzzfeed.com/paulmcleod/...n-harassed-her

They paid her over 30k not to say anything

I'm sure there's a lot of people in Washington that saw the reaction to the Franken picture and had an "oh ****" moment. There's plenty of dirty laundry in that city just waiting to be aired out.
    Anthony Mantha Breakout 16-17

Larkin is back

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    I'm sure there's a lot of people in Washington that saw the reaction to the Franken picture and had an "oh ****" moment. There's plenty of dirty laundry in that city just waiting to be aired out.
    Yup drain the swamp on both sides

I'm loving this wave of accountability. Let's keep it rolling....won't be much left of D.C. When it's over and we can start again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this part of that slush fund to keep people silent that I've been hearing about? I hope more and more come out so we can have a full accounting of these weak men.

Doesn't matter which side of the room they're on, does it?

Sadly, the way this country seems to be heading, they'll all probably get re-elected (yeah, I admit, I'm a "glass is half empty" guy).

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Doesn't matter which side of the room they're on, does it?

Sadly, the way this country seems to be heading, they'll all probably get re-elected (yeah, I admit, I'm a "glass is half empty" guy).
    An optimist, I see. I'm a "glass was shattered and the shards that remain were used to threaten someone into surrending their wallet" kind of person.

Let’s get rid of all of these old scumbags and push forward a wave of younger politicians who actually respect other people’s personal space.

Whether it’s Franken or Moore, I don’t care. Get rid of the scum.

Democratic rep John Conyers accused of sexual harassment

Wait BuzzFeed broke the story. I was told they are fake news so I guess we can close this thread now.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Wait BuzzFeed broke the story. I was told they are fake news so I guess we can close this thread now.

Actually Mike Cernovich broke the story and gave everything to BuzzFeed since he knew the liberal media wouldn’t believe him. BF just verified the documents and talked to the victim

Conyers is denying everything and said none of it is true even though there’s documents proving otherwise

in one of these threads it could be good to show/ask what really is sexual assault/sexual misconduct/sexual harassment.

https://www.economist.com/blogs/grap...n/tw/te/bl/ed/

HARVEY WEINSTEIN was the tip of a very large iceberg. In the month since allegations of sexual assault against the prominent film producer became public, a series of powerful men have been accused of sexual assault and harassment of co-workers. In just a few weeks, the #MeToo hashtag on social media, used to mark posts about similar experiences suffered by ordinary people, has been used some 5m times.

This avalanche of accusations has increased awareness of the prevalence of sexual harassment: 49% of male respondents to a poll by NBC News and the Wall Street Journal last month said that the news had made them think about their own actions around women. However, there is no clear consensus on exactly which behaviours cross the line. Instead, people in different countries and age groups appear to use very different definitions.

During the past month YouGov, a pollster, surveyed people in five Western countries about whether a series of behaviours by men towards women constitute sexual harassment. The questions ranged from actions that are often innocuous, such as asking to go for a drink, to overt demands for sex. The range of views was vast.

One consistent pattern that emerged was a generation gap. In general, younger respondents were more likely to think that a behaviour crossed the line than their older peers were. For example, over half of British women under 30 said that wolf-whistling was unacceptable. Less than a fifth of those over 64 felt that way.

Between men and women, differences of opinion emerged for specific questions. Both sexes tended to have similar views on whether a man who places his hand on a woman’s lower back or comments on her attractiveness has gone too far. However, female respondents were much less tolerant of men looking at women’s breasts than their male counterparts were: among Americans 64 and older, for example, half of women but just a quarter of men said they would consider such ogling sexual harassment.

A third source of variation was nationality. Swedish men, for example, seem to feel entitled to make sexual jokes around women: only a quarter of them said such behaviour would be harassment. In contrast, three-quarters of American men expressed that opinion. Similarly, a quarter of French women under 30 believe that even asking to go for a drink is harassment, whereas almost none of their counterparts in Britain and Germany share that view.

The magnitude of the reaction to the accusations against Mr Weinstein makes clear that a reckoning with abuses by men in the workplace was long overdue. Given how little agreement exists about the definition of sexual harassment, employers seeking to ensure a comfortable work environment may need to be more explicit about the boundaries of acceptable behaviour than they may have previously realised was necessary.
    there is a difference between telling a woman that she is beautiful compared to telling a woman she has nice ****. the first is a simple compliment that should have no problems, and the second would clearly be over the line and offensive.
    I would bet there are words and even actions by guys that get interpreted incorrectly that were not intended to be offensive/wrong. one could take Joe Biden for example. many pictures/videos of him touching women and even girls. did he have intend to cross the line? doubtful. but still these pictures/videos look damaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Actually Mike Cernovich broke the story and gave everything to BuzzFeed since he knew the liberal media wouldn’t believe him. BF just verified the documents and talked to the victim

Conyers is denying everything and said none of it is true even though there’s documents proving otherwise
    From what I read the only thing he's denying are the accusations. Shady AF for sure

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.

Given his views on sexuality I'm surprised he would give two ***** about sexual harassment. There is a reason he's not believable.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Yup drain the swamp on both sides
    You include Trump in that?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast